Hearing that a former host here, Mach, has passed away.

Thorncroft

Very sad to hear this. RIP Mach. I always loved reading his reviews.

Had the pleasure of meeting Mach once. We were on the Conquest with him. He and his group fondly called this the "Seven Day Cruise to Cozumel". Missed MoBay and Cayman due to weather. A true gentleman.

I noted the thread started with just hearing this, is it confirmed? Has anyone found an obit? If true it is sad. I miss him and his advise on these threads. Was happy to find him chatting on the site mentioned.

Wondered this myself as I couldn't find an obit. Here's a link to what I would consider a pretty reliable source.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53404347&postcount=2664

I wasn't able to find the obit. He passed a week ago today in San Antonio. He had been hospitalized for a few weeks.

There isn't going to be any local funeral. The Crazies who can make it will be gathering in Galveston at our favorite place, "The Spot" sometime in September. Then we'll be going on a Memorial cruise in 2018.

Please give stitch and his family our condolences from all his friends here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ditto. :halo:

Will do, I know she is grateful to everyone. She is online with us everyday and seems to be holding up well.

I noted the thread started with just hearing this, is it confirmed? Has anyone found an obit? If true it is sad. I miss him and his advise on these threads. Was happy to find him chatting on the site mentioned.

Yes, sadly it is true. He will be missed by Stitch, Eddie and his "cruise friends". He was a great friend and convinced me to start cruising after my husband passed away.

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for your kind words. We did not post an obituary for personal and private reasons, but yes, Mach passed away on June 26.

So sorry for you, prayers for Mach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for your kind words. We did not post an obituary for personal and private reasons, but yes, Mach passed away on June 26.

You are more than welcome Stitch. Mach was special to many people here on CC, even those who never met him personally. I trust you are doing as well as can be expected and know that our thoughts are with you.