Hearing that a former host here, Mach, has passed away.

Thorncroft

That is very said to hear. Mach Man (aka Host Mach when he was a CC moderator) was a great advocate for Carnival and a valuable resource for fellow cruisers. As a U.S. Air Force compatriot, I can only salute him and hope his skies are clear and smooth.

That is truly sad news. Great guy who assisted many (me included). Got to meet him on the Magic during the naming ceremonies in Galveston. Prayers for him and to Stitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sad news. I originally planned my first cruise for 2010 on the Conquest with him and the Crazies. He was a big help with providing info to me as a first time cruiser. I had to cancel for medical reason and never got to meet him. RIP

What is a Host Mach?

So sorry to see you have to ask what a "Host Mach" is. Mach was one of the hosts here at Cruise Critic. While most of us never met him in person we all are better cruisers because of him. The wealth of knowledge and advice he gave to us can only be measured by the number of stars they have in the skies above.

After he left Cruise Critic I was still able to follow him at Galveston dot com slash webcams in their chat rooms.

RIP Mach. We'll miss you.

Very sad news. My thoughts go out to Stitch and his loved ones.

Mach was always so helpful. It was from him I first learned of the green flash. It took a few cruises, but I finally saw one and instantly thought of Mach. I have seen a few since, and always think of him...and now always will. RIP Mach.