Crown and Anchor department to become exclusively in Guatemala

That doesn't surprise me. I called D+ line during regular business hours and got someone for whom English was not his primary language. I understood about 3/4 of what he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was a lucky call.

We usually understand about 25% of what they are saying:')

Area code is 502, however depending on the type of phone service, they can make the Caller ID anything they want.

That's for sure, I regularly get calls from India telling me my PC has a virus and they spoof a local phone number.

On a Related note, I paid off my Sept cruise this weekend and got someone in the Oregon Call Center, I like those people.

Who would of thought! Interesting....

If true, no biggie.

I work for a large hotel company who has off-shore reservations offices in The Philippines in addition to ones in the US. Guess who has the lower error rate for bookings and far fewer guest complaints based on guest experiences. If you guessed the US you are wrong.

Guatemala is becoming the "silicon valley" of Mexico. Our company along with many other s/w companies are "near-shoring" with companies based there.

In all honesty, some of the developers working there are better/smarter than some of the employees based in our HQ in Denver.

Guatemala is becoming the "silicon valley" of Mexico. Our company along with many other s/w companies are "near-shoring" with companies based there.

In all honesty, some of the developers working there are better/smarter than some of the employees based in our HQ in Denver.

FYI Guatemala is not in Mexico. It is a Latin American country.

wow - I am a goofball. :eek: I was thinking of

Guadalajara - so change the name in my comment, or ignore me

That is too funny! Unfortunately I just called the supposedly D+ desk to 1. make a final payment and 2. Try to determine the difference to upgrade my cabin on another cruise.. So the final payment went OK, I think..time will tell. The second request was ridiculous. Didn't understand what I was asking and then gave me a number that I absolutely know was incorrect. The cruise is already paid for so I wouldn't pay taxes twice etc. It was apparent he couldn't do this. So anything complicated, forget it. I decided to call back again to see if I could speak with the regular people in the D+ desk. A spanish speaking woman answered so I just hung up.:mad: I don't know what I will do in the future.

I read a really interesting (and poignant) article recently on how El Salvador is doing a booming business in call centers because they're hiring all the people who came to the U.S. as children, grew up speaking English, and have recently been deported.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called C and A today to have a Celebrity booking transferred to Royal. I got the Guatemala call center. The rep was very professional, knew exactly what he was doing, spoke very good English and did the job in less than 10 minutes, including authorization from Celebrity.