Diamond Lounge Drink Suggestions?

Water bottles to take on your port excursions. I party hard.

My MIL gathered a bunch when we went last month but DW has a refillable water bottle that truly keeps liquid cold for 24 hours without even needing ice (though she still adds a little). She keeps it filled with the strawberry kiwi water found all over the ship for pool, stateroom, and excursion time.

WIFE - She's not really a drinker and hates rum so she looks for something fruity with a little vodka thrown in.

My wife was fond of Lemon Drops on Oasis and Adventure in the DL.

On Freedom waiter brought me a drink with Port Wine and Cognac. Not sure if anything else was in it. Have not been able to duplicate it and get the correct measurements. Has anyone else had this? Do you know the name of the drink? Do you know the proper measurements?

I found two possibilities:

The "Favorite" cocktail: 1 3/4 oz Port and 3/4 oz Cognac

Or, the "Ginger Rogers" cocktail, which is equal proportions of Port and Cognac.

Jameson Rocks most of the time. Spicy Bloody Mary every now and then. Cabernet to take to dinner. House whites are terrible!! Wish they would add a Sauvignon Blanc.

DW likes a Lemon Drops or a Cab. She usually grabs an extra bottle of water too.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

My wife was fond of Lemon Drops on Oasis and Adventure in the DL.

You should see the face my wife made when she tried one in the DL last night, lol. I'm sparing her by not posting it.

Both lemon drop & bay breeze were a fail. She's on the verge of giving up, which is fine, but if not, cosmo may be up next. She doesn't like wasting food/drink so she's only trying one per night.

The server we've gotten to know asked what was was wrong so we assured him it was her, not him. Not that I drink them, but they seemed fine to me.

Try a Cape Codder. Cranberry and vodka with lime. Kind of like a Cosmo, but a lot lighter

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. If she didn't like the bay breeze I'm guessing neither one will fly but I'll mention it.

She likes pineapple quite a bit so I've suggested just asking for pineapple juice with a hint of vodka at this point. No biggie though, she's just trying to be social but has no problem living without alcohol. She goes to the DL for the chocolate covered strawberries (and so I can have a couple drinks).

Just had to add my comment - I tended bar for 25 years and I hated when people came to the bar and asked what drink I would suggest - mind you the bar is packed - 3 deep and they want a recommendation - or what is my drink specialty - I tell them Johnnie blue neat and they look at me like I have 2 heads.

I don't blame ya. DW would happily just drink water (and has been) if this was a busy bar rather than an empty DL where the server has time to chat about life, RCI, etc. And of course I'm asking for suggestions here not there. :)

Try a Cape Codder. Cranberry and vodka with lime. Kind of like a Cosmo, but a lot lighter

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

My wife likes a good Cosmo, but if they don't know how to mix one, she'll just order a 'Vodka, Cranberry, with a lime." I told her to just order a Cape Codder, but I just get that look. :evilsmile:

I have had problems finding a Diamond drink I like as I mostly like the sweet martinis or mixed drinks that don't taste like alcohol (but actually do include alcohol) which consist of ingredients "not included" on the Diamond drink list.

On the Quantum I did manage to get the occasional proper chocolate martini, but that might have been because I was sitting next to the F&B director at the time! They will usually do Lemon Drops, but find them too sweet with the sugar rim, and too acidic without!

On the Harmony TA last year me and my cruising buddies would hang out at the Wonderland bar for the Diamond happy hours. While the bartenders there stuck strictly to the approved list of Diamond drink ingredients, they would make us "Diamond-style chocolate martinis", which consisted of Vodka and Baileys shaken with ice and served with chocolate sauce in the glass, which satisfied the limited ingredient list and our need for sweet martinis! They also conveniently ignored the "3 free drink" limit that was supposed to be applied outside the Diamond lounge(s).