Rules for bringing prepackaged food onto the ship?

lol not even snacks that can be stored in their belly?

I do plan to bring cash for tips. I am bringing $2 bills to see how many people think they are fake hahaha

The panettone might be the only larger food gift... you're right about allergies, I do have food allergies. I suppose I can try to buy kosher to be on the safe side for any religious dietary needs. I am hoping a tube of chocolate dipped peppermint joe-joe's wouldn't take up that much room, they are about the size of 1 sleeve of Oreos. Any snacks will be small and I will try to keep dietary needs in mind if I do go buy the holiday snacks before I sail.

I would plan to have a couple of different items and let the staff, ie a favorite bar tender or our room steward or our dining room waiter, chose their holiday treat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

you are the crews' worst nightmare. $2 bills are not accepted anywhere but the US,and even then, 96% of vendors will not take them. they are as bad, if not worse, than the Sacajawea dollar coin which too often gets mistaken for a quarter.

as for snacks.. aside from the advice already given, its really them being polite if they smile and accept it. so unless you know the crew person from many previous sailings and by that have actually sat and talked with them about personal stuff, leave the junk food home as well. especially stuff in bulk that is not individually wrapped.

you are the crews' worst nightmare. $2 bills are not accepted anywhere but the US,and even then, 96% of vendors will not take them. they are as bad, if not worse, than the Sacajawea dollar coin which too often gets mistaken for a quarter.

as for snacks.. aside from the advice already given, its really them being polite if they smile and accept it. so unless you know the crew person from many previous sailings and by that have actually sat and talked with them about personal stuff, leave the junk food home as well. especially stuff in bulk that is not individually wrapped.

I know I am new here, but I was shocked that someone with 10000 posts on this site would be so dismissive. Someone is asking a question, and your first response is to call them "worst nightmare."

I have been on a few cruises, and rude customers who don't tip in my opinion would be "worse" than someone who is trying to be nice and leaving a tip. Or a "worse" nightmare might be oh a sinking ship.

Either way name calling and general rudeness is not something I associate with cruisers. If you feel that I am wrong and this was not rude, please feel free to respond.

PS: If you felt this was rude, please accept my apologies.

I know I am new here, but I was shocked that someone with 10000 posts on this site would be so dismissive. Someone is asking a question, and your first response is to call them "worst nightmare."

I have been on a few cruises, and rude customers who don't tip in my opinion would be "worse" than someone who is trying to be nice and leaving a tip. Or a "worse" nightmare might be oh a sinking ship.

Either way name calling and general rudeness is not something I associate with cruisers. If you feel that I am wrong and this was not rude, please feel free to respond.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. That is actually fairly tame for that poster.:rolleyes:

Two dollar bills are not a good choice for tips, they are not widely accepted. As far as food and candy, not a good choice unless you know the person you are giving it to would appreciate it. We have purchased M&M's in port for a cabin steward in the past who had a fetish for them, but I wouldn't assume all cabin stewards would appreciate receiving them as a thank you.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. When someone asks a question, they should expect an honest answer even if said answer does not correspond with their point of view. What you see as rudeness, others view as emphasis. Sure, things can be put gently but, hey, we are adults and as with many discussion boards, one really needs to develop a thick skin in order to participate.

In my experience (and speaking with crew), if you give someone a food they don't like (e.g., chocolate, nuts, cherries), they just trade among themselves.

Most DO appreciate small edible treats; the food supplied for them is quite repetitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In my experience (and speaking with crew), if you give someone a food they don't like (e.g., chocolate, nuts, cherries), they just trade among themselves.

Most DO appreciate small edible treats; the food supplied for them is quite repetitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thank you very much for the insight. It really helps to have information with your personal experience and knowledge you have from speaking with the crew. It really is helpful and I appreciate it. I've been trying to figure out a way to say thank you, to you, Marion_Mom . I appreciate your thoughtful and sincere response. Thank you.

This will be something good for me to consider if I happen to stop by Trader Joe's to buy some small treats.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app