AIBP Price question

kubies

Is there any difference in price if I purchase the AIBP in advance or wait until I board the ship?

Yes, there is a difference for US passengers on non-Australia cruises.

The cost in advance is US$57.45 per person per day. The onboard cost is US$59.80 per person per day. Information is available on their website under GIFTS & SERVICES under BEVERAGE PACKAGES & CELLARS. If you have already booked, you should look in Cruise Personalizer under Onboard Reservations.

On Australia voyages, the same web listing quotes a price of AUD$59.00 per person per day, and it does not mention a difference between advance and onboard purchasing.

If you are booking a cruise from Summer 2018 through Spring 2019, you don't have to worry about the price - just book under the current Sip & Sail promotion and it's included.

I am on a B2B cruise next April, but booked as one cruise. One week is very port intensive and the other one not so much. Would I be allowed to purchase the AIBP for the one week on turnaround day, or would I have to purchase for the whole cruise?

I am on a B2B cruise next April, but booked as one cruise. One week is very port intensive and the other one not so much. Would I be allowed to purchase the AIBP for the one week on turnaround day, or would I have to purchase for the whole cruise?

We did this last b2b. Bought it online while on first leg as we noticed it was more if purchased onboard. Saved enough to go to Crown Grill!

I have a very large OBC for my upcoming cruise. I would like to purchase the AIBP in advance using my OBC. I don't see how that can be done. Do I have to wait until I am on board?

Rick

You cannot purchase it in advance with OBC.

The only thing you can use OBC for in advance is shore excursions.

If you booked as a single cruise your cruise personlizer will not allow you to split on line purchases for the two voyages. If you call Princess you may be able arrange for just the second voyage. It's worth a try. You can purchase on board on turn around day. Princess charges $2.35/day additional for an on board purchase of the AIBP.

• 2 weeks later...
I was able to. Mine were booked as separate trips, so you would need to look at your personalized or call to check.

PLC, will automatically and without your approval take two trips you've booked back-to-back on the same vessel even if after the first week you do a turnaround in the same port get right back on the ship because Customs forces you to do that by the way, it will be booked as one single Transit. Having said that, I do not know if they will force you to buy drink package for both sections of the trip first week and second week.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

PLC, will automatically and without your approval take two trips you've booked back-to-back on the same vessel even if after the first week you do a turnaround in the same port get right back on the ship because Customs forces you to do that by the way, it will be booked as one single Transit. Having said that, I do not know if they will force you to buy drink package for both sections of the trip first week and second week.

They were more than happy to sell it to me for the second leg. :)

Princess has no control over customs..........

As far as the AIBP.

We are on a 21 day. It is a 10 day cruise and an 11 day cruise.

Pre cruise we cannot purchase it in any other form than for the 21 days.

Not sure what they would do once onboard if purchased. Or if one wanted to buy it for the second cruise.

Princess has no control over customs..........

As far as the AIBP.

We are on a 21 day. It is a 10 day cruise and an 11 day cruise.

Pre cruise we cannot purchase it in any other form than for the 21 days.

Not sure what they would do once onboard if purchased. Or if one wanted to buy it for the second cruise.

Did you book it as a single cruise? In that case, I would expect you could only purchase it for the single cruise you booked. If you had booked it as two separate cruises, I would expect it to be available on the Personalizer separately for each cruise.

If you purchase it as two separate cruises, then Princess will consider it as two separate cruises for everything you book in the Cruise Personalizer. That has nothing to do with customs or immigration.

BTW, you do not go through customs on turnaround day in the middle of a B2B - you go through Immigration. If you file a customs form and claim an exemption for a couple of dollars worth on turnaround day, then you can't claim any exemption when you complete the cruise - there is a minimum number of days between arrivals in order to claim the exemption.