Deck Plans

drewdrewcruiser

I'm researching the Royal Princess and wondering how do you know which cabins sleep 3 or 4 people from looking at the deck plans?

When you choose a passenger cabin deck.......

In the box below where you choose the deck (staterooms) there is a drop down for number of guests.

It will only display the cabins that hold that number.

When you choose a passenger cabin deck.......

In the box below where you choose the deck (staterooms) there is a drop down for number of guests.

It will only display the cabins that hold that number.

That's interesting. I am trying to get two inside cabins close together. One cabin will hold only 1 person and the other will hold 3 but the same cabins keep popping up for both choices so I guess they will allow 1 person to book a cabin that holds 3-4. I was trying to avoid that since I heard the 3rd and 4th beds protrude from the walls.

That's interesting. I am trying to get two inside cabins close together. One cabin will hold only 1 person and the other will hold 3 but the same cabins keep popping up for both choices so I guess they will allow 1 person to book a cabin that holds 3-4. I was trying to avoid that since I heard the 3rd and 4th beds protrude from the walls.

Yes a solo could end up with a 2/3/4 person cabin.

And you are right the berths protruding from the wall is not good.

I'm researching the Royal Princess and wondering how do you know which cabins sleep 3 or 4 people from looking at the deck plans?

Download the "Cruise Atlas" from the Princess web site.

The ship maps in that booklet do indicate which cabins can hold 3 or 4 passengers.

A lot of cabins that have 4 berths have the bunks in the ceiling. Call Princess and they can tell you if the cabin you're looking at has the bunks on the wall or in the ceiling.

On the deck plans look for these symbols: a red dot, which means a quad cabin (holds up to 4) and a black triangle means triple cabin for up to 3. There are also pairs of connecting cabins on the Royal, and they aren't easy to spot (I just booked a pair for my family of 5 so have been studying it for awhile). If a cabin has no symbol it will hold two people and will only come up in a search for 1 or 2 passengers. If you are looking under 3 or 4 passengers, the double cabins usually show as "sold" even though they may not be. I would search under 2 passengers to see all open cabins, then go back and redo the search under 3 to see which ones hold more people. Then you will be able to figure out pairs of cabins for your group.

On the deck plans look for these symbols: a red dot, which means a quad cabin (holds up to 4) and a black triangle means triple cabin for up to 3. There are also pairs of connecting cabins on the Royal, and they aren't easy to spot (I just booked a pair for my family of 5 so have been studying it for awhile). If a cabin has no symbol it will hold two people and will only come up in a search for 1 or 2 passengers. If you are looking under 3 or 4 passengers, the double cabins usually show as "sold" even though they may not be. I would search under 2 passengers to see all open cabins, then go back and redo the search under 3 to see which ones hold more people. Then you will be able to figure out pairs of cabins for your group.

Thank you. This is very helpful!

You're welcome :-)

I just updated your other thread to say that if you are using the Princess website deck plans you won't see the red dot/black triangle symbols as they are only in the Cruise Atlas or printed brochures. But on the website deck plans you can check the box for number of passengers (to only highlight the ones that match) or check the box for connecting cabins to see which ones have a connecting door (depending on if you want that or not).

Consider finding a good travel agent that knows Princess well and let him/her take care of these details.

Our experience is that T.A.'s are not familiar with deck plan details. The kind of question asked by the OP have to be investigated personally.

Yes that's true, many people who booked with TA's have reported that they board their ship and find that their cabin is not what they thought they would have (i.e. unneeded bunks on the wall, a connecting door to another cabin, bunk for the third person instead of a sofabed). It's always best to go over the deck plans yourself and figure out what cabins you want. And of course ask questions here on CC! :-)

Just saw your second response to the OP........I posted it again for those that are not aware of this.

This is not the case anymore for the deck plans on the Princess website.

One has to either check the connecting cabin box or enter the number of passengers to show corresponding cabins.

You're welcome :-)

I just updated your other thread to say that if you are using the Princess website deck plans you won't see the red dot/black triangle symbols as they are only in the Cruise Atlas or printed brochures. But on the website deck plans you can check the box for number of passengers (to only highlight the ones that match) or check the box for connecting cabins to see which ones have a connecting door (depending on if you want that or not).

Thank you for this information. Most useful for future cruises.:)