Vancouver hotels

Julia’s Journey’s

If you want to use priceline, be sure to book a cancellable backup hotel that you can live with and that you can cancel for no charge.

Then maybe once a week or once every two weeks, bid on priceline. Hotels often do not open up inventory to priceline until closer to the date of arrival. So be patient. Don't overbid. And just before you bid each time, be sure to confirm the conventional rates at hotels for the dates/star levels/zone that you are planning on bidding on. The conventional rates can and will change and the priceline rates are based on conventional rates at the time of bidding.

Good luck. Patience is the key.

I tried bidding for July for a 4 star and got up to $75.00 and they denied it.

I'm not sure if I should just keep trying every week at that price or up my bid??????

I really like bidding it is almost as fun as gambling!

Lynn

Since it's still a long time until July, I wouldn't up the bid. Check http://www.biddingfortravel.com to see if others report getting anything in Vancouver for similar dates. Also keep checking Vancouver hotel rates the conventional way (I do it on Expedia).

There's not much on betterbidding re: next summer.

I've been bidding up to $132 for a 4* and I keep getting denied (starting at $90 with free rebids).

I've been bidding up to $69 for a 3* as well with no luck.

BTW, this is for June 26, 1 night, before we leave on the Spirit.

There's not much on betterbidding re: next summer.

I've been bidding up to $132 for a 4* and I keep getting denied (starting at $90 with free rebids).

I've been bidding up to $69 for a 3* as well with no luck.

BTW, this is for June 26, 1 night, before we leave on the Spirit.

Reserve a cancellable back-up so you don't panic about not having a hotel. For Priceline, I check Bidding For Travel rather than Better Bidding. Here are the hotels people have reported getting in Vancouver and Victoria. You will have to go back a few pages to see what they bid for Vancouver hotels this past summer: http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm210

When a lot of us starting bidding last year for Vancouver hotels, we started hitting in December...then it dried up for a few months and started getting scary. We started hitting again in April I believe...can't remember for sure. Stay patient and you will finally get what you want. I would not be bidding anywhere near 100.00 on a 4-star for a June sailing. I think 65.00 dollars is what a lot of us got the Westin Bayshore for last year.

By the way, the three hotels we stayed in last summer were the Westin Bayshore (I just looked back and saw I got that for $60 per night) Sutton Place and Pacific Palisades.

We were upgraded to a suite at Sutton...very nice. The room at the Westin was nice, but it was a standard room looking out at a wall...didn't matter, the ocean was right outside. The room at Pacific palisades was like a one bedroom apartment. It had a kitchen, bath, bedroom and den...with a decent sized balcony that overlooked Robson. I think we were on the 4th floor which was perfect for people watching. We really enjoyed our stay here. It was clean, but not nearly as elegant as Sutton. I'd stay at any again. All locations were interesting but the farthest walk to anywhere was from the Westin.

Another site you might keep an eye on is :

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/international-hotels/267211

for deals - we were one of the lucky ones to get the Westin for $60pn and both stays were also lucky enough to get great views (without asking!) two of my girlfriends weren't so lucky but thanks to another cc member came across this site and they managed to get the Pan Pacific for about $180 (am sure it wasn't any more!) and loved it - hopped off the ship and straight up to their room!

Jane

Can anyone recommend any reasonable hotels near the cruise terminal? I am from the UK and you can only use priceline if your credit card has a US billing address. It is really frustrating to hear all you guys getting such good deals in 4* hotels.

Also is there a link to a map showing hotels near the cruise terminal?

Emac i know how you feel.We are looking at staying at the Pan Pacific which is right next to Canada Place terminal. The cheapest price I found is £150 for a night and that is with British Airways. How is this for unfair- we have booked our flights with BA . If we book the hotel through them we dont get any air miles. It says at the bottom of the booking that airmiles are only given to those that book in North America!!!!!!

Emac i know how you feel.We are looking at staying at the Pan Pacific which is right next to Canada Place terminal. The cheapest price I found is £150 for a night and that is with British Airways. How is this for unfair- we have booked our flights with BA . If we book the hotel through them we dont get any air miles. It says at the bottom of the booking that airmiles are only given to those that book in North America!!!!!!

You don't have to use an US credit card - we used our Aussie one without any probs - try reading this link :

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddinghotels.showMessage?topicID=6.topic

Does anybody have any imformation good or bad about these places in downtown Vancouver?

What is nearby to do?

How far away is the train that you can take to go in to Whistler?

Is the port close by to get on the Radience or Serenade?

Thanks, have a great day and keep smiling! CJ

Does anybody have any imformation good or bad about these places in downtown Vancouver?

What is nearby to do?

How far away is the train that you can take to go in to Whistler?

Is the port close by to get on the Radience or Serenade?

Thanks, have a great day and keep smiling! CJ

Has anyone stayed there? It gets great reviews on TripAdvisor, and the price seems pretty reasonable.

Sam

Never stayed there but based upon the reviews we just booked June 2nd and 3rd. Looking forward to a couple of days in Vancouver before our cruise on the Coral Princess.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any success with Priceline for a Vancouver hotel lately? I have read stories of 4* $60 rooms last year but have had no luck of late bidding as high as $85. Have rates increased dramatically in the past year or am I just too impatient. BTW I am trying for late Sept. 07.

Has anyone had any success with Priceline for a Vancouver hotel lately? I have read stories of 4* $60 rooms last year but have had no luck of late bidding as high as $85. Have rates increased dramatically in the past year or am I just too impatient. BTW I am trying for late Sept. 07.

I haven't any luck either. I have been bidding for Vancouver 4* mid-June. I've tried every Saturday for the last couple of months. I tried between $60 and $120. Usually, hotels aren't going release any inventory until it's closer to the arrival date but it doesn't hurt to go fishing.

Hotwire has a 5* for $155 which appears to be Sutton Place due to the golf icon. However, the reviews for this hotel aren't so good.

I'll post if I get any bites. :)

Archived