Vancouver hotels

Julia’s Journey’s

The Westin is about a 5 min cab ride from the dock or about 15 blocks.
A great hotel!

Fro those of you adding Langley make sure you don't end up in a hotel in langley as that is a big hour cab ride from Vancouver and the bus service is challenging!

Ann

Got the Westin Bayshore for $81 on my first and only bid (for end of July). I might have been able to get it lower but didn't want to fool around and waste more time. I'm happy as can be. It's US$96 including all the taxes. Thanks for everyone's tips.

Does anyone know if we still need to omit Langley from our "other choices" because they now have a 4* hotel as a previous poster stated? I need a room for September in Vancouver and want to be sure we are bidding correctly.
Thanks.
sashas'mom

Thank you sooo much to all who have posted advice on this thread!! I was really apprehensive to try Priceline....but finally did, and ended up with the Westin Bayshore July 14 for $67USD!! (Just hope the new bedding on the Zuiderdam compares with the Heavenly Beds!!) :)

sasha'smom, when and where did you get your info on Langley? I checked on biddingfortravel yesterday and it shows Langley as having 2*, not 3* or 4*.
Can someone please confirm that Langley does not have 3* or 4*.

I'm still trying for 6/15-6/18 for 2 rooms, bidding still high for those dates.
Anyone else have any luck for 3* or 4* for those nights? How much did you bid?

Thanks, Nancy

I checked pretty thoroughly when I went to bid and couldn't find anything at that time - but just now checking on the priceline website it is definitely showing a 4 star hotel at Langley that you can purchase hotel nights at -
[URL="http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/hotelListings.do?key=ejfmh0f5&jsk=2203010a1f03010a200602081231390C2b10059405&plf=PCLH&sLevel=4&gID=1946"]http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/hotelListings.do?key=ejfmh0f5&jsk=2203010a1f03010a200602081231390C2b10059405&plf=PCLH&sLevel=4&gID=1946[/URL]
however when you go into the site to name your own bid it is only showing 1&2 stars as available:
[url]http://www.priceline.com/hotels/Lang/en-us/name_price.asp?session_key=5C0011AC5D0011AC2006020812372448d500610813&plf=pcln[/url]
so it might pay for those using the methods described in this thread to be cautious when adding Langley to the rebids ........

Thanks for the info CassCruise, now I'm really nervous abaout bidding and will probably not use Langley. Does anyone know for sure that the Delta area still only has 2*?

Thanks again, this site is so informative, couldnt do it without all your help.
Nancy

Previously on this board it was suggested to put in Langley as another choice to give you a new chance to bid. We did that for our trip in June and got the Westin Bayshore when we bid. Not because we wanted to stay in Langley, but because there was NOT a 4* hotel there but it gave us a chance for another bid. Someone posted on this board to be careful about adding Langley now because supposedly there is a 4* hotel now listed there. I was wondering if those who recently won their bids for Downtown Vancouver added Langley or avoided it. Since we will be bidding for downtown Vancouver for September I certainly don't want to add Langley if there is a possibility there is a 4* hotel there now because we don't really want to stay there. I appreciate your assistance.
sasha'smom

[quote name='CassCruise']I checked pretty thoroughly when I went to bid and couldn't find anything at that time - but just now checking on the priceline website it is definitely showing a 4 star hotel at Langley that you can purchase hotel nights at -
[URL="http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/hotelListings.do?key=ejfmh0f5&jsk=2203010a1f03010a200602081231390C2b10059405&plf=PCLH&sLevel=4&gID=1946"]http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/hotelListings.do?key=ejfmh0f5&jsk=2203010a1f03010a200602081231390C2b10059405&plf=PCLH&sLevel=4&gID=1946[/URL]
however when you go into the site to name your own bid it is only showing 1&2 stars as available:
[URL="http://www.priceline.com/hotels/Lang/en-us/name_price.asp?session_key=5C0011AC5D0011AC2006020812372448d500610813&plf=pcln"]http://www.priceline.com/hotels/Lang/en-us/name_price.asp?session_key=5C0011AC5D0011AC2006020812372448d500610813&plf=pcln[/URL]
so it might pay for those using the methods described in this thread to be cautious when adding Langley to the rebids ........[/quote]

Sorry I didn't see this post until after I sent my most recent post.

[quote=sasha'smom]Previously on this board it was suggested to put in Langley as another choice to give you a new chance to bid. We did that for our trip in June and got the Westin Bayshore when we bid. Not because we wanted to stay in Langley, but because there was NOT a 4* hotel there but it gave us a chance for another bid. Someone posted on this board to be careful about adding Langley now because supposedly there is a 4* hotel now listed there. I was wondering if those who recently won their bids for Downtown Vancouver added Langley or avoided it. Since we will be bidding for downtown Vancouver for September I certainly don't want to add Langley if there is a possibility there is a 4* hotel there now because we don't really want to stay there. I appreciate your assistance.
sasha'smom[/quote]

I won a bid a week ago last Saturday for the Bayshore at $81.00 for May 18th and 19th. I first two times I tried I added Langley, but the day I actually won the bid, I won it with Downtown only. The other two rooms needed for the rest of our group will be only for the 19th, so I've had to do that one in a seperate bid. I've been trying since the day I got the two rooms with yesterday being my last try. I went all the way up to $94 (adding Langely) with no success.

I really don't want to go any higher (especially hearing there may be a 4* in Langley), and have been considering starting again with a lower price and going for a 3* downtown only. Does anyone have any feedback on a 3* for Downtown?

Sharon

I'm getting ready to try and bid on this, but have a couple questions.

Once booked, these rooms are nonrefundable/non cancellable and the dates cannot be changed?

Are Priceline.com people treated any differently by the hotel?

Can the rooms be upgraded?

Thanks...

[quote name='AlaTex']Intresting info in thread - never used Priceline before.

Bid 60 USD for 1 night 8/9/06 (return from Alaska Southbound - Spirit).

Bid rejected - added zone (Delta) raised bid to 62 USD - accepted. A great saviings over normal reservation with Marriott for 210 USD. :eek::):eek:[/quote]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][I]I am no expert on Priceline. My understanding is -[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Krewzin -" Once booked, these rooms are nonrefundable/non cancellable and the dates cannot be changed?"[COLOR=Blue][I] [SIZE=3]Correct.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR]

"Are Priceline.com people treated any differently by the hotel?" [I][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]No.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[I][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]I[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][I]n addition to this trread, I[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue] found very good information at the "bid for travel message board at -[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[URL="http://p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding"]http://p070.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding[/URL]

[COLOR=Blue][I][SIZE=3]Good luck.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR]

Can anyone recommend any reasonable hotels near the cruise terminal? I am from the UK and you can only use priceline if your credit card has a US billing address. It is really frustrating to hear all you guys getting such good deals in 4* hotels.
Also is there a link to a map showing hotels near the cruise terminal?

I think patience is the key here. You can always book a backup and then cancel it if you are worried. I too am trying to get the 6/17-19 dates. I was surprised that it was possible to get anything this far out when I managed to get the Westin for 6/2.

It is my understanding that when you check the free rebids using the method that only shows 2 stars in Langley, it means there are no 4-stars in that zone that offer the name your price option. I could be wrong about that and you could call priceline to verify, but that phlosophy has never failed me.

I had to cancel a priceline booking one time and here is how it worked. First, they told me I could never do it again. We had booked hotel rooms in Seattle for the Sapphire inaugural cruise to Alaska. Then, the Sapphire came in early and Princess offered a 2 day preinaugural. I called priceline and they said they would cancel but I had to rebid for the new dates and I could not bid lower than my accepted price. So I rebid at my accepted price and got the same hotel 2 days earlier for the same price. I was ready to eat the loss because I really wanted to be on that ship. Fortunately, I didn't have to.

[quote name='pamwinn']

I had to cancel a priceline booking one time and here is how it worked. First, they told me I could never do it again. We had booked hotel rooms in Seattle for the Sapphire inaugural cruise to Alaska. Then, the Sapphire came in early and Princess offered a 2 day preinaugural. I called priceline and they said they would cancel but I had to rebid for the new dates and I could not bid lower than my accepted price. So I rebid at my accepted price and got the same hotel 2 days earlier for the same price. I was ready to eat the loss because I really wanted to be on that ship. Fortunately, I didn't have to.[/quote]

Pam, thanks for the reply. So I guess if there were any changes, it *is* possible to do w/o forfeiting your $$.

I'm wondering if for some reason you had to cancel, ie. someone in your party got sick...would travel insurance cover the potential loss from a Priceline purchased room?

Travel insurance is my weakness....well...one of many. I'm sure it differs from policy. For $5, you can insure your priceline booking at the time you make it. There is a link that gives all the details. It's before you click the buy button. My guess is, if you don't buy that and you have only cruiseline travel insurance, you are out of luck.

krewzin, when your bid is accepted you have the option of purchasing insurance for a few dollars which will cover cancellation for a number of events like sickness - we figured we got the room so cheap it only added a few extra dollars (I think it was $5per night)!

I am departing a ship on Monday morning and flying out of Vancouver (bright and early 9am)Tuesday morn. We would like to maybe take a walk around Gastown on the Monday afternoon and early eve. I read someplace it is a $30fee for a taxi from CanadaPlace to Vanc.airport.
Considering I will have luggage and need to drop that off @ a hotel, should I stay in a hotel near the cruise terminal where I came in or try and get a hotel close to the airport for the next morning.:confused: --or should I find something inbetween. I've been using Priceline for a 4*near the airport with no luck. Of course, I'm not in a hurry yet so I'm not bidding very high. Thanks.

Archived