Vancouver hotels

Julia’s Journey’s

I want to thank everyone for all lthe great information here, however, I'm still not able to get 2 rooms for 3 nights 4* 6/15-6/18. I bid $90 yesterday and was turned down.

PS Pamwinn, I know you were trying for these dates, any luck yet?

I haven't hit it yet either. I will be sure to post here when I do. I believe we will see more Hotels open up. It's still a long way off though it is nerve racking isn't it? I got stupid the other night and tried for 6/17-19 for $100 and it was a no go. I know that it is too early for me to bid that high. I was just anxious.

Pamwinn: Are you the same Pam Winn, the Creative Memories consultant?

No, I am not that Pam Winn. There are a lot of Pam Winn's in the US. I've Googled it before. I wouldn't have thought there were so many of us. I hope I don't have multiple personality disorder.:)

I want to thank everyone for all lthe great information here, however, I'm still not able to get 2 rooms for 3 nights 4* 6/15-6/18. I bid $90 yesterday and was turned down. Has anyone bid and gotten 4* for these dates recently, and if so how much did you bid? Someone told me that the closer you get to the date, more rooms are released to Priceline by the hotels...anyone know if this is true? My final payment is in April, and I really would love to know we have the rooms secured.

Thanks, Nancy

PS Pamwinn, I know you were trying for these dates, any luck yet?

Hi, all,

I've been following this thread because I'm looking for a 4* room for 6/16-6/18 (sailing Serenade to Alaska on 6/18) -- I've tried the Priceline bidding, etc. and nothing so far. I checked on Expedia and on Westin's own site, and it appears they are sold out for the dates I'm looking for -- and it looks like a lot of you are looking in the same range.

I would guess that when we do get an accepted offer, it's not going to be the Westin because of this.

Is it possible that the Hyatt has not released their rooms yet and the Westin is fully booked which is why no one is getting anything for those dates?

sabella5804 I saw you are trying for 6/16. I've been trying for 6/12/06 and only 1 night. I did read on another post that there is a convention @ the Westin the week before the time I need a room. Maybe, some travelers are staying on longer in the hotel. I'll keep bidding every 72hrs. and hope I get one of these good deals that everyone else seems to be getting.

Hi, all,

I've been following this thread because I'm looking for a 4* room for 6/16-6/18 (sailing Serenade to Alaska on 6/18) -- I've tried the Priceline bidding, etc. and nothing so far. I checked on Expedia and on Westin's own site, and it appears they are sold out for the dates I'm looking for -- and it looks like a lot of you are looking in the same range.

I would guess that when we do get an accepted offer, it's not going to be the Westin because of this.

Is it possible that the Hyatt has not released their rooms yet and the Westin is fully booked which is why no one is getting anything for those dates?

Sabella 5804, I'm also trying to get a 4* from Priceline for 2 room 6/15/-6/18.

We are also on the Serenade 6/18, and I read in another thread you are in cabin 9256, well we are right below you in 8168. We had this same cabin on Radiance to Hawaii, and LOVED the corner aft, it's wonderful.

My last bid to Priceline was $90.00, they turned me down. I will keep trying, my friend says the hotels keep releaseing room as it gets closer to the date, I sure hope so. My hubby and myself will be sailing wioth our daughter and our granddaughter, who is 13. We have a thread on Rolls Calls, why not come over and join our (small) group. So far, only 11 have signed up for the Meet & Mingle, and 4 of them are my family.

Nancy

Sabella 5804, I'm also trying to get a 4* from Priceline for 2 room 6/15/-6/18.

We are also on the Serenade 6/18, and I read in another thread you are in cabin 9256, well we are right below you in 8168. We had this same cabin on Radiance to Hawaii, and LOVED the corner aft, it's wonderful.

My last bid to Priceline was $90.00, they turned me down. I will keep trying, my friend says the hotels keep releaseing room as it gets closer to the date, I sure hope so. My hubby and myself will be sailing wioth our daughter and our granddaughter, who is 13. We have a thread on Rolls Calls, why not come over and join our (small) group. So far, only 11 have signed up for the Meet & Mingle, and 4 of them are my family.

Nancy

I went as high as $97 on Tuesday, and still nothing.

Wow, small world that you're in the cabin below us -- I'll make sure we keep quiet!

Will keep everyone posted on progress in the event any 4*s in Vancouver show up for me...

Good luck and happy bidding, everyone.

• 1 month later...

Friends that are cruising with us are also trying without luck to get 4* for 9/6&7 and 9/16&17 with no luck - they have also been up to $90 - they did manage to get Anchorage 9/8 for (am pretty sure it was the Millenium for $90)........

Good morning, folks.....I'm hoping you have some advice. My son (20, with a credit card) and friend (21 with no credit card) will be staying in Vancouver after our cruise, from June 14-18. I would really like to use Priceline to book a hotel for them, but their policy states that the person checking in must be 21, with a credit card. The 21-year-old just started a job and can't get a credit card in time for the trip.

Do you have any suggestions? I was hoping that perhaps they could use cash, travellers cheques or a VISA gift card when checking in?

Thanks for any suggestions

After reading everyone's posts I tried Priceline. I was bidding for Aug 26 on a 4 star. I first tried Vancover then added Delta and then added Langley. My top bid was for $65. I was turn down for all bids.:o Is this to early or am I just not biding enough. I will try again tomorrow, and maybe start at $65. Any suggestions?????? Thank you all this thread is great!!!

After months of trying Priceline for Vancouver on Sept. 15th, bidding up to $125.00, I finally got the Sutton Place (which is considered a 5* on their site) for $145.00. Usually we have gotten rooms for previous cruises for a lot less. I know some have gotten rooms for $60.00. We got it for $85.00 June 4th. I don't know what is going on in September, but even the Westin's website does not have rooms available on it for Sept. 15th right now. So even though it is more than we wanted to spend, it is still a lot less than the hotel's regular prices and I have seen 3* hotels for more on other sites. We're happy with the results.

Thank you for your reply, I am also looking for a room on Sept. 3 and wanted the Sutton or 5*, so I was looking on Hotwire. The price for a 5* is 151 and I think it is the Sutton. Has anyone else bid on this date?? Still trying for Aug 26, with no luck. Saw this date on Hotwire 4* for 95 a night, and I think it might be Westin could be Marriott. Anyone else???

I think we are just in the middle of a slump. There are several of us on this thread still actively bidding. I did manage to get 6/2 at the Westin Bayshore for 60 dollars but I can't get 6/1. Just hang in there, I am hopeful that something will open up.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious whether anyone has had any luck with Vancouver hotels and priceline of late - I have a couple of girlfriends who will be travelling with us who are still not having any luck with the Vancouver (and actually Seattle for that matter) - they're happy to keep being persistent though:)

Even though we have rooms, I have been actively trying for 6/11/06 - no luck going up to 97.00. If I have to go more than that, I might as well keep my reserved rooms. I'm glad I reserved my Seattle rooms on Priceline last October; must be a busy summer for these two cities! Or they aren't releasing as many rooms to Priceline and Hotwire.

I tried again the other day, went to $90.00 for 4*, rejected again. Needing 2 rooms for 3 nights, it's the highest I can go.

Nancy

We were in a similar situation (needing more than 1 room for several nights) so rather than book through Priceline I called the hotel directly and asked what kind of 1 and 2 bedroom suites they had.

In place of getting 3 rooms I was able to get a deal on a 2 bedroom suite dealing directly with the hotel and then utilizing some of my points through their rewards program.

Our kids will hafta sleep in the living room, but what the heck...they'll still have their own TV and bathroom so it isn't bad.

The price came out the same (as using Priceline), and now we're assured a better room location while being able to cancel anytime up to 24 hours prior.

YMMV, but it's certainly worth a shot.

Archived