Vancouver hotels

Julia’s Journey’s

We got a room for $85.00 for 6/4 on Priceline. Follow the directions previously on this board for downtown Vancouver posted by Pamwinn and do exactly what she tells you. It works. After the initial 72 hours you have to wait, do what she suggests about going back to the very beginning each time if you are rejected and you have more chances for rebidding. I would try smaller increments before I offer 95.00.

sasha'smom

My wife & I tried priceline this evening for a 4 star - downtown Vancouver at $75 and were rejected. I am leery of adding other areas to my bid and will probably wait the 72 hrs to rebid. Anyone have any recent success for this type hotel / location? We are thinking about trying $90. We need the room for two nights (6/24 - 6/25). Thanks for any feedback

I am starting to think that there may be something going on in Vancouver or at least the Westin around that time especially now that you are not having success for the same week. I think that is when the Jazz festival is. I can get the Westin for 60 dollars on 6/17 but I can't get it at any price on 6/18. The Westin opened up for bidding on Priceline awfully early anyway. As it gets a little closer, more of the 4 star hotels will be turning some inventory over to Priceline. Don't get impatient and overbid. It will work out. We'll be okay.

Also, the rebid zones mentioned in earlier posts are safe. They do not have any 4 star hotels so if that is what you are bidding on, you are not going to end up in those zones.

I also am trying to get a hotel room through Priceline for 6/24-6/27. I have a backup and will keep on trying.

As Pam stated the Vancouver Jazz Festival is opening that weekend and so it a Cirque du Soleil production.

As I was checking Priceline today they are showing 4*'s in Burnaby AND Langley. I have altered my bidding tactics accordingly. I presume the Hilton is the Burnaby listing but I do not know what the Langley hotel is. I am not familiar with that part of town at all.

I hope this will help.

Ended up getting Ramada Inn & Suites Downtown, for both nights! (Before and after the cruise.) How I managed to do that I'll never know... So has anyone stayed here before? Any above average, but not pricey, restaurants in the general area??

Kevin,

We stayed at the Ramada Inn & Suites Downtown last week (we were lucky enough to get tix to the first INXS concert!:) ). It was fine. The room we had was very small, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. It doesn't look like it's going to be that great from the outside, but it's nicely finished on the inside. I also expected it to be noisy - our room was right on the Granville St. side - but it was quiet. We paid $79/Cdn night, which includes the usual run-of-the-mill continental breakfast.

I'd highly recommend a restaurant called Joe Fortes - it's really, really good. You can view the menu here and see if it's what you'd classify as "not pricey!"

http://www.joefortes.ca

To other folks that asked - you probably don't want Langley, and you definitely don't want Surrey. Another great hotel is Rosedale on Robson. And the hotel MVPinBoynton stayed at - the Sheraton Wall - is awesome, and $94/nite is a smokin' deal!

I can answer Victoria questions if anyone has any. Can't wait to try this Priceline thing soon!

Karen

Thank you, Karen!

Personally, I don't care about the room as long as it's clean and has coffee in the morning! :) I also care about the area in which the hotel is in.... Otherwise, it's just a place to sleep for me.

By the way, are those prices Can. for the restaurant..?? If not, then that's pricey in my book!

Kevin,

Those prices are Canadian. We went for lunch, and although we found it a bit pricey, it was absolutely delectable. I still had recent memories of DisneyWorld meals from our Dec. trip, and when I thought of it in comparison to that (price and quality) ... it was a total deal:)! If you didn't already see it, the awards and testimonials section on their site speaks for itself.

And if the hotel coffee isn't your thing, there were at least 4 or 5 Starbucks in a few block radius... and probably more down toward the pier/Canada Place.

Karen

One more thing for those of you wanting to know where the port is in comparison to your hotel or whatever, if you haven't seen it before, check out www.maps.google.com

Enter your hotel name & city ... then when you've got it narrowed down, switch to "satellite view"... in Vancouver you can see a cruiseship in port. I use this for hotel location referencing all the time.

Karen

I am starting to think that there may be something going on in Vancouver or at least the Westin around that time especially now that you are not having success for the same week. I think that is when the Jazz festival is. I can get the Westin for 60 dollars on 6/17 but I can't get it at any price on 6/18. The Westin opened up for bidding on Priceline awfully early anyway. As it gets a little closer, more of the 4 star hotels will be turning some inventory over to Priceline. Don't get impatient and overbid. It will work out. We'll be okay.

Also, the rebid zones mentioned in earlier posts are safe. They do not have any 4 star hotels so if that is what you are bidding on, you are not going to end up in those zones.

For anyone getting discouraged for getting good deals with Priceline bids for this spring and summer, don't give up. About a week and half ago I began trying for May 18th and May 19th for a 4* Downtown location. I started at $50 and went thru two times where I started with Downtown; Added first Delta; then Surrey; then langley adding a few dollars each time.

I recieved an email from Priceline on Thursday saying I could try again. I decided to wait till today. I ended last time at $80 and figured I would go thru the motions and go up to $85. My bid was accepted at $81 when I put in Downtown! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! We're staying at the Westin Bayshore Resort and Marina! Actually last year on May 19th my bid was accepted at the Hyatt Regency for $72. We really wanted to be closer to Stanley Park this year so I'm VERY happy with our experience. Oh yes, my daughter will be coming in on 5/19 so I had to do her bid seperatly. This was the first time I tried hers, since I wanted to get ours first. I started with $81 with downtown and was rejected thru $84. Guess I'll wait the 72 hours and try again.

Bottom line, I really beleive as someone else mentioned, it's early, SOOO...keep on trying!

Sharon

Bummer...I tried. I started low, but my final bid was 77 and it was rejected. I am trying to get the 17th and 18th. Someone had previously bid 60 I think on the 17th and got it so I thought the reason I was having a problem is because I wanted both days so i was so excited when i saw you got in at 77 on the 18th.

Through Priceline..$80 a night. Needed 3 rooms and got them for july 9th. Started at $60 . I then called the central Reservations for Westin and the actual hotel and verified with them that all went through. Thanks to all of you for all the wonderfu tips!

Burnanby is a long cab fare and the hotel is in a mall and there is not much else around there. Not really a great Hilton. Langley is at least an hour from town-not worth it. North Vancouver is okay-but the cab fare will be huge.

The 3 stars are pretty good in Vancouver-maybe try bidding on them. We have tons of festivals in the Summer and have a long weekend every month,so that might be hindering the bookings.

Thanks to those of you who answered my question regarding 4 in a room. Decided that 3 females and hubby would have a rough time with bahtroom time for 3 nights, so I just bidded on Priceline for 2 rooms, 3* & 4*. Started at $60.00 for 4* which was rejected, so went to 3* for $40.00, also rejected. Then I went back and added Delta and Langley, bid $45.00 and $70.00, rejected again. The dates we are looking for are 6/15 thru 6/18 checkout. Guess I'll just have to try again when 72 hours are up. Will keep a close watch here to see what everyone is bidding and if the bids are accepted. We really don't want to spend a foturne on the hotel, so I guess we just need to have patience.

Nancy

Thanks to those of you who answered my question regarding 4 in a room. Decided that 3 females and hubby would have a rough time with bahtroom time for 3 nights, so I just bidded on Priceline for 2 rooms, 3* & 4*. Started at $60.00 for 4* which was rejected, so went to 3* for $40.00, also rejected. Then I went back and added Delta and Langley, bid $45.00 and $70.00, rejected again. The dates we are looking for are 6/15 thru 6/18 checkout. Guess I'll just have to try again when 72 hours are up. Will keep a close watch here to see what everyone is bidding and if the bids are accepted. We really don't want to spend a foturne on the hotel, so I guess we just need to have patience.

Nancy

Hi Nancy, It seems we are both trying to get the same times. I have been bidding on 6/17 and 6/18 for awhile. I think we will have better luck a little closer to the summer when some of the other hotels turn over some inventory.

Archived