Royal testing to bring back same drink package for all

Maybe not, but if one looks about 8-9 months pregnant, they could deny boarding.

True Biker, but I'm referring to if only one in the cabin wants the drink package. If this goes fleet wide, all in cabin over 21 will have to buy the package. Many truly don't drink. By stating you are pregnant or have religious reasons, one can get around this "new" rule. Now we are back to the rule now.........all in cabin do NOT have to buy the package.

And most of us know that calling Royal for any info will not be correct. Call four times, get four different answers.

Someone posted that all linked reservations will be effected by this new rule. We cruise with my BIL who does not drink because of medical reasons......that will effect us. Looks like he will be adopting a new religion.:halo::evilsmile:

Are we cheating? Forcing a drink package on my BIL is nuts!

By stating you are pregnant or have religious reasons, one can get around this "new" rule. .....that will effect us. Looks like he will be adopting a new religion.:halo::evilsmile:!

That's fine on board, but many want to buy before boarding to get the discounts. That means calling and hoping they accept your religion since it is very unlikely there'll be a way to get around the new rule online.

True Biker, but I'm referring to if only one in the cabin wants the drink package. If this goes fleet wide, all in cabin over 21 will have to buy the package. Many truly don't drink. By stating you are pregnant or have religious reasons, one can get around this "new" rule. Now we are back to the rule now.........all in cabin do NOT have to buy the package.

And most of us know that calling Royal for any info will not be correct. Call four times, get four different answers.

Someone posted that all linked reservations will be effected by this new rule. We cruise with my BIL who does not drink because of medical reasons......that will effect us. Looks like he will be adopting a new religion.:halo::evilsmile:

Are we cheating? Forcing a drink package on my BIL is nuts!

You theory is flawed. First no one is forcing you or your BIL to buy a package. That would be your choice & his choice. If he elected not to purchase one you couldn't purchase it either. Unless.... you bought it for him. Even then, RCL is NOT forcing him to use it for alcoholic beverages. The same applies to anyone that is pregnant and/or has so called religious reasons... or any reason for that matter. RCL wants their revenue, they don't care who pays it and whether it's used or not.

You theory is flawed. First no one is forcing you or your BIL to buy a package. That would be your choice & his choice. If he elected not to purchase one you couldn't purchase it either. Unless.... you bought it for him. Even then, RCL is NOT forcing him to use it for alcoholic beverages. The same applies to anyone that is pregnant and/or has so called religious reasons... or any reason for that matter. RCL wants their revenue, they don't care who pays it and whether it's used or not.

Whoa, slow down..........If DH and I want to buy the alcohol package, my BIL will have to buy the same package if we are linked..........so we can't cheat and share our package with him. He has been buying the Replenish. We have never shared, or cheated. The new rule will require him/force him to buy the alcohol package that he does not want. And he won't. Meaning that we can't buy the alcohol package unless we pay for him........we won't.

We will have to figure out dining (late fixed) and debarkation as we would unlink. I don't understand why medical will not qualify. He would have to use the religion excuse and just buy the Replenish as usual. We always call to buy our packages, we'll just have to get an agent that will accept this as one poster stated.

Sorry this is so confusing:loudcry:

Whoa, slow down..........If DH and I want to buy the alcohol package, my BIL will have to buy the same package if we are linked..........so we can't cheat and share our package with him. He has been buying the Replenish. We have never shared, or cheated. The new rule will require him/force him to buy the alcohol package that he does not want. And he won't. Meaning that we can't buy the alcohol package unless we pay for him........we won't.

We will have to figure out dining (late fixed) and debarkation as we would unlink. I don't understand why medical will not qualify. He would have to use the religion excuse and just buy the Replenish as usual. We always call to buy our packages, we'll just have to get an agent that will accept this as one poster stated.

The PP was saying that nobody is forcing anyone to buy a package. You don't need a package to drink. That is the point. If you have a cabin/reservation mate who doesn't want to drink, don't get a package.

The PP was saying that nobody is forcing anyone to buy a package. You don't need a package to drink. That is the point. If you have a cabin/reservation mate who doesn't want to drink, don't get a package.

I get that. We are used to having the package and utilize it well. The cheaters are ruining it for everyone else.:eek::loudcry: And we will be penalized for obeying the rules.

Anyone have old rum runners that they want to sell?:cool:

I think you're the only one confused. Buying the package is not using the package. Me, I'd unlink and be done with it.

1. There is no such thing as a "former alcoholic"

2. No one is "forcing" anyone to buy anything.

3. I doubt someone will try that. But anything is possible in todays litigious world:rolleyes:

1) True

2) also true (but I was mostly referring to the woman who said that 3 of them are traveling, 2 want the package and are considering splitting the cost for the 3rd package...the 3rd person doesn't want one, but now what happens since she has one? She drinks for free on her friends' dime...kinda sucks)

3) I wouldn't put it past someone to try

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have breakfast lunch dinner and multiples snacks in a local restaurant and you can easily spend more than 150$ daily in land.

I never get my money's worth on food at AI's or buffets. I just don't eat enough. When I pay as I go, I spend around $50 a day on food, if that. I eat toast and/or fruit for breakfast, never eat a full lunch (unless I've been super active in which case a sandwich or chipotle will suffice, that's about $10), dinner would be my big meal, but Restaurant size portions are always too big for me, so I buy appetizers, or don't eat at restaurants at all (unless I have to or others want to). My growing child on the their hand, makes up for it.

HIPAA has nothing to do with what you're talking about.....

I think what they're saying is that as long as you claim to be some low number of weeks or months pregnant (where you wouldn't be showing), they can't make you prove it. They just have to take your word for it, because you have a right to medical privacy.

However I wonder if they have a right to require a letter simply stating that you are under the "safe" travel limit (I think it's 20 or 25 weeks). That's not really providing your medical records, it's just requiring a letter that supports a medical issue you've voluntarily told them about.

If so, the cover is blown. Best to just accept Jesus, or Jehovah, or the moon goddess, or whichever god is telling you not to drink on vacation for religious reasons.

A woman can be newly pregnant. With Hipa laws, Royal can't ask her a thing. Now DH can enjoy his drink package.

I doubt that's gonna fly. Their ship, their rules. You don't want to comply they can simply cancel your cruise and refund your money.

Jim Walker would be salivating over this.

Bill

Yes it does, No one has the right to your medical records. As long as you say you are under 6 months or whatever the cut off for pregnant women is.

A woman can be newly pregnant. With Hipa laws, Royal can't ask her a thing. Now DH can enjoy his drink package.

You seem to think that an American thing like hipaa has anything to do with the ship.

Also it's not correct that hipaa prevents questions. What hipaa prevents is medical personnel in America blabbing about their patients in an identifiable way to people who don't have the right to that info. Doesn't impact a random clerk somewhere from asking wiestions.

ADA prevents more than two main questions (I regards to service animals or needs for help at Disneyland etc), but that's the *American* disabilities act. Not the "ship registered in the Bahamas disabilities act". And pregnancy isn't a disability unless it's causing problems.

Edited by mollyeilis

Isn't trying to figure a way to work around requirement of requiring all in cabin 21+ to buy DX (if one chooses to have DX) actually similar to those sharing a drink package??

Not really. In this case they would likely pay a la carte. If you are a selfish cheap ass who shares you probably aren't paying for anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not really. In this case they would likely pay a la carte. If you are a selfish cheap ass who shares you probably aren't paying for anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well, telling someone you are pregnant (and one is not pregnant), as was suggested, to avoid paying for a 2nd drink package, is similar to sharing a drink package. The option for a la carte has not changed.

Royal comes out with new ways to increase revenue, like the room service charge, and the same people try to look for ways to get around the charge.

Yes it does, No one has the right to your medical records. As long as you say you are under 6 months or whatever the cut off for pregnant women is.

HIPPA only applies to medical facilities and requires them to protect your medical information and not release it with out proper authorization (from the patient, legal subpoena, etc). RCI could make a rule that you have to prove you are not pregnant in order to sail with them. You do not have to comply. And they do not have to let you aboard their ship. HIPPA has NOTHING to do with the present discussion.

I think you may be confusing HIPPA and ADA law.

I "would" cite religious regions, but I am a Catholic so that won't work!!

Then I guess that leaves a lot of people having to be pregnant. And if a woman is the one who wants the package RCI will just have to accept that her husband has defied all of the laws of the biological sciences.