Unlimited Soda & More - now or later?

breeheil

Is it better to pre-purchase the Unlimited Soda & More package before our trip or wait to do it once we are on board? Is there a price savings to do it before? Thanks in advance.

We have purchased it both ways because being from UK it is sometimes cheaper to book in advance depending what currency conversion rate was when you booked your cruise. When we have pre booked it the sticker was on when we first checked in and the tumbler was delivered to our cabin.

Could it be that the price has just gone up from USD 7.65 (+15%), which is what we paid, to USD 8.05 (+15%) which is what I see on princess.com?

If that is the case, then there's probably no need to hurry with booking it in advance anymore, unless your sailing date is far in the future and the price might increase again.

Could it be that the price has just gone up from USD 7.65 (+15%), which is what we paid, to USD 8.05 (+15%) which is what I see on princess.com?

If that is the case, then there's probably no need to hurry with booking it in advance anymore, unless your sailing date is far in the future and the price might increase again.

The price for soda and more package has not increased the $8-05 price includes the 15% and has been that price for at least last couple of years.

If you pre order, your sticker will be on the card when you check in. The last cruise we had this hey were running low on the cups and had to beg for them from those selling them. There were also only a few people who had the cups to give with the soda package. We had not prepaid so it was a bit of a pain, but I think that was the exception. Usually if you prepay stick on card at check in and cup eventually delivered to your room. If you purchase on board, the sticker gets put on there and they give you a cup immediately .

Just a heads up. Some ports have a sales tax. Sometimes when one buys the USM when they board, there is a chance that the port's sales tax will be added to the purchase (Fort Lauderdale, for example) It depends upon when Princess enters the on-ship sale. It's not a lot, but it's like the cost of a drink. I think one has better luck avoiding the tax when one buys it at a temp table vs at a bar.

Still, I'm risking it, as I need to use up OBC's.

Sorry to piggyback on this thread but when I log into my trip, it gives me two options for the soda package...

A premium one at $7 and a regular one at $8. I have no idea what the difference is between the two. Any thoughts??

Sorry to piggyback on this thread but when I log into my trip, it gives me two options for the soda package...

A premium one at $7 and a regular one at $8. I have no idea what the difference is between the two. Any thoughts??

With a cup or without?

With a cup or without?

When I log on to my cruise page, it gives me the following options:

"Unlimited Soda and More Package, Includes the unlimited soda package, plus any mocktails, juices, and hot chocolate throughout the cruise" $8.05 per person per day"

"Unlimited soda and more package, This premium Unlimited soda & more package includes the unlimited soda package, plus any mocktails, juices, and hot chocolate throughout the cruise." $6.95 per person per day"

Doesn't mention anything about the cup...

When I log on to my cruise page, it gives me the following options:

"Unlimited Soda and More Package, Includes the unlimited soda package, plus any mocktails, juices, and hot chocolate throughout the cruise" $8.05 per person per day"

"Unlimited soda and more package, This premium Unlimited soda & more package includes the unlimited soda package, plus any mocktails, juices, and hot chocolate throughout the cruise." $6.95 per person per day"

Doesn't mention anything about the cup...

Then I have no idea.

Those 2 prices you list are pretty close to the 15% gratuity difference.

Mine only lists the $8.05 per day one and nothing else.

If you pre order, your sticker will be on the card when you check in. The last cruise we had this hey were running low on the cups and had to beg for them from those selling them. There were also only a few people who had the cups to give with the soda package. We had not prepaid so it was a bit of a pain, but I think that was the exception. Usually if you prepay stick on card at check in and cup eventually delivered to your room. If you purchase on board, the sticker gets put on there and they give you a cup immediately .

You're lucky. I had that on my 1st cruise, but my next cruise is just before the Golden Princess gets the Ocean Medallion, and I can't pre-order the Soda and More Package. I may need to get the 6 cans for the price of 5 offer available through Room Service, bring the tumbler I already have and just add ice cubes to a can.

You're lucky. I had that on my 1st cruise, but my next cruise is just before the Golden Princess gets the Ocean Medallion, and I can't pre-order the Soda and More Package. I may need to get the 6 cans for the price of 5 offer available through Room Service, bring the tumbler I already have and just add ice cubes to a can.

That's still an issue? I thought Princess took care of that? It was gone a bit on our's (Royal) but it's now available again.

You might be able to get it

We had a cruise booked on Caribbean Princess and we cancelled when we heard no drink package (soda or drink) but they called us back and said they would allow it, too many people jumped ship, so to speak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk