Taxi

hi, I have read that many ports in Europe taxis offer tours.

This would suit us great as my DH has slow mobility.

1)Can anyone tell me if the driver tell you anything about what you are seeing?

2) are the taxis there all morning or for a limit time only?

We are from uk and just want to get the feel of the places

Thanks.

hi, I have read that many ports in Europe taxis offer tours.

This would suit us great as my DH has slow mobility.

1)Can anyone tell me if the driver tell you anything about what you are seeing?

2) are the taxis there all morning or for a limit time only?

We are from uk and just want to get the feel of the places

Thanks.

Most taxi drivers in European ports do not offer tours and, if you are referencing Spain, many drivers speak little or no English. You should be able to book some private tours that would be mostly driving tours with photo stops - wouldn't that suit your DH's mobility needs? FWIW - tours in most European ports of call need to be booked in advance.

Hiya, I have heard at the cruise ports that there are taxis offering excursions? Is this not so?

Perhaps if you let us know the European ports to which you are referring, we could provide you with more specific information. Generally, there are no taxis waiting at the cruise ports that offer excursions (there are usually taxis offering transfers, not excursions). For example, at the port of Livorno, the taxi ranks are looking to offer you r/t transfers to Pisa, Florence, etc. - these are not tours/excursions and, in any event, your taxi driver will most likely speak limited English.

If you are referring to cruise ports in the Caribbean, yes, taxi drivers at the port do offer tours/excursions.

in Crete (Heraklion) taxi drivers will take you to the Palace of Knossos (not suitable for mobility challenged) and also include a tour round the city with conversation in acceptable english.

Some other cruise ports will have taxis who will drive you around but it would help if you mentioned which specific ports you are visiting.

In Gibraltar there are vans waiting which do tours of the Rock, stopping at several places. They take around eight people, as I recall, and are very well organised. There is a despatcher who loads the vans.

This is unusual in Europe, though. Generally, you may find the odd taxi offering a tour but it is nothing like the Caribbean.

In Gibraltar there are vans waiting which do tours of the Rock, stopping at several places. They take around eight people, as I recall, and are very well organised. There is a despatcher who loads the vans.

This is unusual in Europe, though. Generally, you may find the odd taxi offering a tour but it is nothing like the Caribbean.

They do a good job. Well worth the cost which as I remember it was pretty small compared to some other places.