Sail Away Party???

I suggest you go to your "Meet & Mingle Roll Call" via the site below, click on your ship, then find your specific week, and chat with the people going on the same ship, the same week as you, and register for the M&M for the opportunity to meet those people in person on board the ship!!!:cool: You'll find a lot of useful information there and have fun doing it!!:*

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Oh, and welcome to Cruise Critic!! Happy cruising!!

Edited by SilkySal
add sentence

What about the oasis? Where is the best place everyone recommends to watch the ship leave the port?

Not sure everyone recommends this, but we like the observation area on deck 14 above the bridge wings.

How about the Suite Sundeck?

Poor visibility forward, obstructed by Solarium structure. Visibility from the sides is OK, but you're looking through the plexiglass.

This will be our first time on Royal Caribbean and we are wondering about sail away parties. Do Royal Caribbean ships do them, and what's it like? :confused:

There is no "organized" party...it's just the sense of fun in the public areas during sail away. The pool deck will have the most folks.

Read your Cruise Compass on your bed. "Join us for Sail A Way" is usually on the pool deck with music, dancing and other fun.

For just viewing, find a spot on an upper deck, even the Viking Crown Lounge for rainy/cold weather.

It all depends on the Cruise Director. We have been on Independence out of Southampton with Joff Eaton and were berthed alongside a much smaller ship (in the Med)which also had a lot of Brits on board. There was music playing on the deck above the pools and it was songs all relating to different parts of the UK. He then started making up songs about what we had on board and they didn't. It was hilarious.

There is no "organized" party...it's just the sense of fun in the public areas during sail away. The pool deck will have the most folks.

Hmm, so this thing they call the Let's Get Loud, Sail Away Party that they offer on Allure from 4:45 - 6:45 doesn't exist? Oasis had something similar but I don't feel like finding the compasses.

It depends on the ship and the time of year. Our September Anthem sailing had something going on up on the pool deck but our February sailing did not since it was 40 degrees outside.

OP, check you compass or head to the pool deck. The cruise director staff and a DJ will be doing something, weather permitting.

Hmm, so this thing they call the Let's Get Loud, Sail Away Party that they offer on Allure from 4:45 - 6:45 doesn't exist?

Don't worry about it. Some people on CC have a reputation for not having a clue.

Anyway, to the original question, I think there has been some sort of sail away party/event on every RC cruise we have taken. Starts about 15 minutes after the muster drill.

The only exception might have been Oasis. I don't recall if there was the usual party on the pool deck, but instead we went to the Aqua Theatre where they had a short diving show and some songs and dancing with the Dreamworks characters.

• Like 1

Once again more incorrect information from CB.

Check your cruise compass. There will be a sail away party. I've even seen sail away parties moved indoors to the promenade in the event of poor weather.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There has been an organized party on every cruise we have taken. It's usually on the pool deck but I believe Allure was by the Aqua Theater.

Don't worry about it. Some people on CC have a reputation for not having a clue.

Anyway, to the original question, I think there has been some sort of sail away party/event on every RC cruise we have taken. Starts about 15 minutes after the muster drill.

The only exception might have been Oasis. I don't recall if there was the usual party on the pool deck, but instead we went to the Aqua Theatre where they had a short diving show and some songs and dancing with the Dreamworks characters.

When we did Oasis last, there was no diving, just flags and DreamWorks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

There has been an organized party on every cruise we have taken. It's usually on the pool deck but I believe Allure was by the Aqua Theater.

+another 1. And if the weather does not co-operate, then move it into a large inside location. We did a winter sail-away from Baltimore in the Enchantment's centrum.

For the most part, the parties are the same- same songs, same line dances, etc- which we like a lot- as it's a solid reminder that we are on a cruise.

OP- have fun at the party. It's a blast. If it's the Adventure out of San Juan- it's a great view as you leave the port.

Huh? Yes there is.

The cruise director's staff lead a sailaway party with live music on the pool deck. Music, dancing, and fun.

This is not necessarily true. I have been on many cruises where the roll-call had major organized sail away paraties including Port Fever coverage. It often depends on how active your roll call is. Have even been to sail-away parties on 5 night cruises.

Huh? Yes there is.

The cruise director's staff lead a sailaway party with live music on the pool deck. Music, dancing, and fun.

Does she/he sail on the same ships the rest of us do?