Liberty of the Seas Ports - Safety

We are traveling to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica. For years I have heard to be very careful when traveling to Jamaica because of the crime. Any excursion we take there will be through RC. I have also heard about the dangers of Mexico but haven't really heard about it extending to Cozumel. I have heard nothing regarding safety at Grand Cayman and wanted some opinons from some of you seasoned Cruisers?

Thanks!!!:)

No worries! Stay ON the 'beaten path", and you'll be fine in Jamaica...the other ports depend on tourists (as does Jamaica), so as long as you stay in areas you should be in, and not wander into shady neighborhoods, you'll be fine. Keep your wits about you, like you would anywhere! You are more likely to encounter crime at home, rather than on vacation.

If you are careful as you would be in any unfamiliar city in the US you will be fine.That said our preference in Jamaica is to either stay on the ship or do a day pass to a resort. Cozumel and Grand Cayman I would not worry about if you stay in a group or the shopping area.

We left the port in Fallmouth last time we were there. Felt totally safe. We even walked a bit of ways to find the infamous Jerk Shack. I'm most areas there are plenty of people around so you're pretty safe. Be smart like anywhere in the world and don't. Ake yourself a target and you will be fine. Our waiters just happened to be from the area and told us not to worry. We had some authentic Jamaican patties at a place packed with locals. Explored a local supermarket to pick up some local spices and a cheap bottle of rum. We had been to Jamaica before for vacation so did t want to do the excursions.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Always be careful but Grand Cayman and Cozumel are very safe. Since I am from the Tampa Bay area, Grand Cayman feels like being at home. Cozumel is more touristy yet great fun. Jamaica can be dicey, but it is one of our favorite vacation places. If you have never been before, go to Dunn's River Falls, either through the ship (never done this through the ship myself) or a private vendor. Check out the port of call section of CC or on Trip Advisor. There are wonderful local guides in Jamaica. You could probably do Dunn's River Falls and Fern Gulley in the same day, as well as a stop to try some jerk chicken and Red Stripe beer, and maybe even pick up some run. Jamaica is a beautiful country and has a great vibe, as evidenced by its music. Enjoy!