Re: Classic Drink Package Question.

Majkman

Good Afternoon to all,

I'm sure there's an answer out there somewhere, but hoping someone might know. We have the classic beverage package (one of our perks). Was planning on having our cabin steward clear out our refrigerator just to have more room (the Mrs is a big diet coke fan, and I do like my bottles of water after laying out in the sun).

My question is, would they leave items that are covered under our package in there if I requested, and if so, would there be a separate additional charge? Does that make sense? I'm not sure what the fridge comes stocked with, but I will assume a couple of sodas and waters and just for discussion, let's say a Captain Morgan and a Jim Beam among others (I do believe that they are the airline size bottles). All of those are under the classic, would they leave those?

I am sure I have rambled WAY too long,

Andy

They would leave them and you'd pay if you used them. The beverage packages do not cover items in the minibar. We have the steward clear out the mini bar and pickup water, sparking water and coke from the bars to stockpile in the mini fridge (which is really a cooler.) I guess you could ask for an unopened beer as well.

I take a collapsible cooler and have it filled with ice every day. I put beers and water bottles in it.

BTW, the refrigerators on cruise ships for some incomprehensible reason do NOT keep things cold.

I think there is some maritime law against refrigerators that actually serve the purpose.

Good Afternoon to all,

I'm sure there's an answer out there somewhere, but hoping someone might know. We have the classic beverage package (one of our perks). Was planning on having our cabin steward clear out our refrigerator just to have more room (the Mrs is a big diet coke fan, and I do like my bottles of water after laying out in the sun).

My question is, would they leave items that are covered under our package in there if I requested, and if so, would there be a separate additional charge? Does that make sense? I'm not sure what the fridge comes stocked with, but I will assume a couple of sodas and waters and just for discussion, let's say a Captain Morgan and a Jim Beam among others (I do believe that they are the airline size bottles). All of those are under the classic, would they leave those?

I am sure I have rambled WAY too long,

Andy

Your beverage package is good for the bars and the dining venue only, not for anything that might be in the mini-bar or ordered from room service.

Your cabin steward will not be able to keep it stocked for you as part of your drink package, but you can request that he empty it and you can stop at any bar and bring back water, soda, etc and stock the fridge yourself on trips back to your cabin.

If you take any of the "stocked" items that are already loaded in the fridge when you board, you will be charged for them, unless you are in the Reflection, Penthouse, Royal or Signature suites.

Your beverage package is good for the bars and the dining venue only, not for anything that might be in the mini-bar or ordered from room service.

Your cabin steward will not be able to keep it stocked for you as part of your drink package, but you can request that he empty it and you can stop at any bar and bring back water, soda, etc and stock the fridge yourself on trips back to your cabin.

If you take any of the "stocked" items that are already loaded in the fridge when you board, you will be charged for them, unless you are in the Reflection, Penthouse, Royal or Signature suites.

Thank you! Such good information for a first time Celebrity cruisers! Appreciate it. :)

So, if you are on a classic package, you can call by one of the bars, ask for an unopened bottle/ can of beer within the range and take it back to your cabin to leave in the fridge (having got the steward to previously empty it of stock) to enjoy at a later time ? is this correct ? Don't suppose they do cocktails to take away in a suitable vessel ... just add ice when required ?;p

So, if you are on a classic package, you can call by one of the bars, ask for an unopened bottle/ can of beer within the range and take it back to your cabin to leave in the fridge (having got the steward to previously empty it of stock) to enjoy at a later time ? is this correct ? Don't suppose they do cocktails to take away in a suitable vessel ... just add ice when required ?;p

definitely correct about the unopened cans etc, we usually collect quite a few as we walk back to our stateroom. Not sure about the cocktails

They don't make cocktails in a "to go" cup, but I guess you can bring some sort of thermos or use empty water bottles to bring a cocktail back to your cabin, pour and store.

Also, FYI, the fridge is not really a mini fridge, its more of a cooler type machine. It will keep things from getting warm, but will not be very cold like a real fridge.

We regularly get a can of tonic unopened and gin (no ice) in a glass to mix in the cabin-much easier to carry without spilling. I guess we could put both in the mini fridge for later- but we always drink them:o.

I thought one issue is that the Classic Package no longer includes canned sodas or soda water so there is really no way to bring those back unless you have a thermos that will fit in the cooler/fridge. The OP mentioned diet soda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought one issue is that the Classic Package no longer includes canned sodas or soda water so there is really no way to bring those back unless you have a thermos that will fit in the cooler/fridge. The OP mentioned diet soda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you had read any of the gazillion threads on the subject in recent months, you'd know that this has changed because most ships do not have fountain soda widely available. Therefore the can rule is unmanageable!

If you had read any of the gazillion threads on the subject in recent months, you'd know that this has changed because most ships do not have fountain soda widely available. Therefore the can rule is unmanageable!

I must have missed the gazillion threads on this subject too. :rolleyes:

I was going to upgrade to the premium package just so I could have canned soda so this is good news. Thank you.