Come back new? Come back never....Crown Compensation

deltaqueenie

The "elite" aspect was the only angle that rankled me about the OP's account. I appreciate that the OP paid (a lot) for the cruise (and expects to receive decent treatment in return), but didn't every passenger.? Does elite mean you should get special treatment at every turn? ( Priority lifeboats?) Did the missed ports and poor communication impact the OP more than us poor slobs in steerage?

Otherwise, I appreciated the detail supplied by the OP. I'm usually impressed by how well cruise ships operate under normal circumstances. But I've found that generally ships' staffs are poorly equipped to handle events that are out of the ordinary, and the events of the OP's cruse seem to have snowballed.

I've also found that often the staffs' approach is to prevaricate and delay until inevitably the cruise ends and the "problem," if it persists, becomes someone else's>

That doesn't leave me much confidence in the event of a fire onboard and we need to evacuate the ship. Doesn't matter what status you are, I can see complete chaos. If the crew can't manage a simple debarkation and embarkation, then that makes me wonder even more about safety. What the OP experienced was the same thing we experienced on the Carnival Legend. Events like she experienced goes on all the time, it was the OPs turn to experience what I've experienced on a few cruises. We're on the Crown in October. Worse embarkation we've ever experienced was on the Crown in San Pedro. I'm not anticipating the same event that we experienced back then.

Wow, hope I never have to complain on these boards. Princess cruisers are a tough crowd.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a Princess cruiser scorned,"

It would appear that empathy is an endangered species these days.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a Princess cruiser scorned,"

It would appear that empathy is an endangered species these days.

If there is a Rep from Princess reading these boards, I hope they take note.

If there is a Rep from Princess reading these boards, I hope they take note.

We were going to book Crown Princess on a New England/ Canada cruise this fall but have booked Celebrity Summit instead.

67 cruises on Princess and have to give up now on this one. And give up on the big OBC. Sad.

But some other newer passenger will book that cabin on Crown and Princess will probably make more profit out of them than they would out of us.

Princess cannot lose. Why should they care?

We were going to book Crown Princess on a New England/ Canada cruise this fall but have booked Celebrity Summit instead.

67 cruises on Princess and have to give up now on this one. And give up on the big OBC. Sad.

But some other newer passenger will book that cabin on Crown and Princess will probably make more profit out of them than they would out of us.

Princess cannot lose. Why should they care?

The funny thing is that you have just as many that have pretty much given up on Celebrity and moved to Princess (I being one of them).

Cruise any line long enough and sooner or later something or multiple things will happen and you will decide to move elsewhere.

As the saying goes familiarity breeds contempt.

Edited by RDC1

Thank you for your detailed experience on this cruise. I don't understand why some feel the need to defend the cruiseline when things like this happen

Exactly! and then take the time to be mean about it. I don't feel the Princess board is always a safe area to share stories. Board bullies live here!

Yet in Southampton on 13.05.17 embarkation was exceedingly well organised.

Did you have noro virus on board and the CDC told Princess that a thorough cleaning was in order? No way to change flights, so we were rounded up at the airport and taken to a hotel. Did you experience that for 6 hours? Did you sit on a bus with no toilet facilities with handicapped people for another 3 hours? Unless you've experienced the unthinkable in boarding a ship, exceedingly "organised" means nothing to what happened to us. It took a threat of dialing 911 and telling 911 that we were being held hostage. It took that threat to get the bus driver to move, and move we did.

Exactly! and then take the time to be mean about it. I don't feel the Princess board is always a safe area to share stories. Board bullies live here!

Go over to the Carnival board and take your rain coat with you.

Compensation:

After speaking with the Crown Princess CR rep, Iris, today- I was informed the $100 OBC per psgr offer is final, and my case has been closed. IMO this amount is inadequate, considering I spent $4,430 on a product that was far inferior to the Princess standards that I've experienced throughout my 16 cruises with them. I'm extremely disappointed and asked Iris what specific criteria her decision was based on, but she was unwilling to provide any details. We discussed that non European/UK psgrs on the 8/26/17 Crown sailing were notified to bring a photocopy of their passport onboard @ Embarkation. Hopefully, this decision will make a difference for future Crown psgrs.

I believe it's time to wrap up this thread by expressing appreciation to those of you who were so kind in trying to help, and to those who were able to focus on "what" I was trying to say, instead of on the "length" and/or "how" it was written. And to those of you who were so insensitive, I really don't understand it. As previously posted by me: I was trying to follow the instructions given to me by 2 officers @ our onboard mtg. 'Compensation will be handled on an individual basis shoreside- be as specific and detailed as possible.' Also, I inquired about shortening/editing my post, but was advised CC policy wouldn't allow it (I wasn't aware of the time limit). And finally, I was sharing MY experience on: this ship, this week, with this capt, and realize others might have different opinions.

• 7 months later...

I think your anger and frustration is 100% justified. When it rains it pours, it seems, and no cruise should have that many things going wrong.

I'm slated for an 11-day Mediterranean cruise next month that will require numerous passport swaps, and we've booked Princess excursions, and if any of that junk were to happen to me I'd raise hell. And I've only been on one Princess cruise before.

I think your anger and frustration is 100% justified. When it rains it pours, it seems, and no cruise should have that many things going wrong.

I'm slated for an 11-day Mediterranean cruise next month that will require numerous passport swaps, and we've booked Princess excursions, and if any of that junk were to happen to me I'd raise hell. And I've only been on one Princess cruise before.

You do realize you are responding to a thread that is seven months old, don't you?