Can we talk internet + platinum perks?

AlexandNessa

We will be on the Escape where I believe they are still offering packages by the minute (v. MB packages).

I need to stay somewhat connected (hats off to all of you who are able to totally unplug; sadly, I'm not one of you).

If I buy a 250-minute package in advance, am I still eligible for the extra 30 minutes free? Or is that only for purchases made onboard?

In addition, since my reservation was made prior to February of this year, if I go to the Internet cafe and present my key card indicating my platinum status, do I get an additional 30 minutes (no purchase required) top of that?

Thks. I did try to search and read the T&Cs of the Latitudes program, but it's still not clear ... to me anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

We pre purchased the 250 minute package for our cruise at Easter. I can't recall whether we got the extra 30 minutes for buying the package. However, we went to the internet cafe to ask about the extra 60 minutes (platinum plus) and it was added on.

As both my wife and I are the same level they added on two hours in total.

Awesome, thank you. Hubby and I are both platinum. So bonus hour.

I like to pre-purchase internet plans but I'll purchase onboard if that's what it takes for the bonus minutes.

To be honest, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't also get the extra 30 minutes. I just don't recall it or not. I always forget about that perk. We usually get the unlimited anyway, so it's a bit irrelevant to us usually.

Remember you pay the connection fee onboard.

To be honest, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't also get the extra 30 minutes. I just don't recall it or not. I always forget about that perk. We usually get the unlimited anyway, so it's a bit irrelevant to us usually.

Remember you pay the connection fee onboard.

Right, 5$ or something? (Lol, 5$ + 18% grat.. I jest). Good point.

On our next cruise, we took the 250 minutes as one of our Free at Sea promos. Our vacation summary on MyNCL shows the 250 plus 30 additional for each of us.

Thks. Checked ours, but I'm only showing 250 minutes included. Maybe it's because we booked the cruise before we turned platinum. Hmmph.

Thks. Checked ours, but I'm only showing 250 minutes included. Maybe it's because we booked the cruise before we turned v platinum. Hmmph.

You will get the extra minutes when onboard. We have two cruise with one before and one just a few weeks ago. The later one shows the extra platinum minutes as part of our amenity. The other cruise we will have to show our cards when we cruise.

Don't worry if the extra 30 minutes or 60 minutes of Platinum WiFi perk isn't showing up on your reservation - just stop by the onboard Internet Cafe during posted office hours, and s/he will verify & add/activate it - take 2 or 3 minutes. No activation charge - recently on the Gem.

Our next NCL cruise is on the BA with the 250 minutes/1GB promotion + 30 min x 2 (Platinum bonus) which should be equivalent of 240 MB data ... for a total of 1,240 MB or 1.24 GB, to use while at sea. Should be plentiful for our needs as in Bermuda & Caribbean ports, we switch over to HSPA+/4G on Google's Project Fi.

Would someone sailing the Escape soon this summer be kind enough to take screenshots & images of the "newest" 3-tiered internet plan ... rolled out since this March (along with the Getaway) & slated for fleetwide deployment this summer - and let's see that side-by-side with the older/existing MB/minutes plan.

We will be on the Escape where I believe they are still offering packages by the minute (v. MB packages).

I need to stay somewhat connected (hats off to all of you who are able to totally unplug; sadly, I'm not one of you).

If I buy a 250-minute package in advance, am I still eligible for the extra 30 minutes free? Or is that only for purchases made onboard?

In addition, since my reservation was made prior to February of this year, if I go to the Internet cafe and present my key card indicating my platinum status, do I get an additional 30 minutes (no purchase required) top of that?

Thks. I did try to search and read the T&Cs of the Latitudes program, but it's still not clear ... to me anyway.

The Escape is on the new Three Tier program. Social media, internet, streaming. Unknown how your credit is applied.

Last month on the Dawn they just added it -- I hadn't purchased any internet package at all, but my amenities list automatically said "30 mins" and when I went to the internet cafe the guy hooked me right up.

It actually was a nice perk -- enough to check in and have brief chats with home 3-4 times, as well as keep me from spending more on a larger package that would have defeated the purpose of getting away from it all.

Last month on the Dawn they just added it -- I hadn't purchased any internet package at all, but my amenities list automatically said "30 mins" and when I went to the internet cafe the guy hooked me right up.

It actually was a nice perk -- enough to check in and have brief chats with home 3-4 times, as well as keep me from spending more on a larger package that would have defeated the purpose of getting away from it all.

There are two different perks. Everyone who is platinum of above gets some minutes whether they buy a package or not. That's what you got.

In addition, everyone who is enrolled in latitudes gets some bonus minutes if they buy a package.

Edited by KeithJenner

what i learned from Breakaway:

Breakaway did not give me 30 minutes as Platinum, but rather some random amount of MB. The internet desk was super helpful, in that they walked us thru how to turn off all our apps, etc. othewise, the second you turn the wifi on, your MB's will be sucked away by apps updating. We had more than enough to check email a few times, but forget about checking something like Facebook. once you tell the app to update, it drains te MBs.

Yes, if you are on the Breakaway then certainly don't let apps update. Either don't click the update button or turn off auto update.

It's not quite as important for the timed plans, but will slow down everything you do, so best turn them off anyway.

My experience has always been that you have to go to the Internet Manager to get the Platinum Plus and plan bonus minutes added. They do not happen automatically. Also, if each of you in stateroom are Platinum/Plus they can not be combined in single login. You'll use two logins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums