Baggage delivery first day?

I usually get my bags before muster drill (I typically arrive at the port around 12:30pm to board so I can get to my cabin and dump my stuff before going for lunch). If I'm getting angsty after waiting a little bit, I'll mention it to my cabin steward and typically they are able to locate it quickly and get it to my cabin.

Can anyone comment on the delivery of bags to the staterooms on the first day of the cruise on Oasis of the Seas? I know they say they are not guaranteed to show up until 8pm, and that they recommend bringing a carry on with bathing suits and dinner outfit, but curious what people actually experienced.

It will vary.

Was on Oasis in late June. Got onboard at noon, but bags did not arrive until after 6 and each arrived separately. Quickest checkin we had everhad, but latest luggage arrival ever. But we always cross pack, so we each at least have some things in each suitcase.

Can anyone comment on the delivery of bags to the staterooms on the first day of the cruise on Oasis of the Seas? I know they say they are not guaranteed to show up until 8pm, and that they recommend bringing a carry on with bathing suits and dinner outfit, but curious what people actually experienced.

I think you can tell from these responses that it's just a crap shoot. You might get it early, you might not. There's just no way to know. It seems like they open the rooms from the upper decks down, so you might think the upper rooms would get their luggage sooner, but I don't know if that's true. Others say if you arrive early you get your luggage early, but I don't think that is true either. It's always worrisome to drop your luggage off in that big giant warehouse of confusion amid 10,000 other bags and assume it will eventually show up in your room. Especially now that RCCL has you print your luggage tags off on your home computer paper instead of sending you the sturdy laminated ones like they used to.

Only one time have we not received all our bags before muster and that one time the last bag was by our door when we returned from muster. We always arrive early to the port and have had our bags sitting outside the door when rooms open all the way to getting the last bag around 4 pm. That one time was the only time we haven't been completely unpacked before muster. Looking forward to our Oct b2b when we only have to unpack once since we're in the same cabin :-)

Many times we have been among the first 50-75 people to board and that doesn't seem to impact whe our bags come. What always amazes me is people who get the wrong bag delivered and then don't notice or don't care enough to let someone know. It has happened where the wrong bag sat in someone's cabin almost the entire cruise.

As for packing, we always cross pack so if one bag goes missing we at least have 1/2 or 2/3 of our clothing depending on how many bags. In each bag there are packing cubes with underwear, socks, casual clothes, shoes and dress clothes. Worst case, the bag with makeup or hairbrushes goes missing, those are easily replaced.

Edited by BND

• 2 weeks later...

Last cruise we had our case of water arrive first before all the bags, thought that was funny. With the Drink package now in play no longer need the case of water.. Kind of glad to, dragging that case of water around was a pain in the as...