Baggage delivery first day?

Can anyone comment on the delivery of bags to the staterooms on the first day of the cruise on Oasis of the Seas? I know they say they are not guaranteed to show up until 8pm, and that they recommend bringing a carry on with bathing suits and dinner outfit, but curious what people actually experienced.

We just went on Oasis on 7/2. We had dropped our bags at 1030 outside and were checked in by 11am- on boat a few minutes later and our bags were delivered shortly after rooms were ready at 1pm. I will say the later you get there the later your bags arrive

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, we usually get all of our bags before the 'mustard' drill. We are unpacked and ready to go by then. One cruise (on another line) the luggage tag got lost, but since we had taken a picture of the bag, the people were able to find it in a matter of minutes.

In another instance, the bag was delivered to the wrong cabin. The people in that cabin were good enough to call and we met in the middle of the hallway! Great people. Just make sure your tags are secured on your bag

I always get mine after muster drill but before 8pm. Reading your comments I wonder why mine is always after muster. I get to the port really early maybe that's why but I'm curious now lol

Can anyone comment on the delivery of bags to the staterooms on the first day of the cruise on Oasis of the Seas? I know they say they are not guaranteed to show up until 8pm, and that they recommend bringing a carry on with bathing suits and dinner outfit, but curious what people actually experienced.

Do not have an iron in your case because it will end up at security deck 2.

They can literally turn up at any time.

I always give my CS $10 when we meet and ask if he can look out for our cases and often he brings them shortly afterwards.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Mine were delivered by 5pm on Oasis. As a habit we pack swim suits in our carry on to hit the pool right away. I usually wear smart casual to board for the pictures. (yea, we still do that) so even if our bags don't show up, we are good for dinner. In 14 cruises I only have my bags show up after dinner once. (Freedom 2015)

It's a crap shoot for us. Sometimes we are very pleasantly surprised and the bags are there as we check in, or at the very least, before "mustard ;)" That is the best scenario...I love to be unpacked before muster, but doesn't happen all the time.

Then there are times as mentioned...wrong cabin, lost luggage, etc. (the DH's bag was put on the wrong deck and no one cared that it was sitting there by itself until late that night when a cabin attendant on that deck noticed it when cleaning cabins that night). He had to go to dinner with what he wore on the ship. :(

There have been times when our bags were waiting on us in our cabin...and on one occasion, one bag didn't make it to the cabin until after dinner, while the others showed up before Muster. It really depends where in the pile of bags yours ends up! If it's 1st on the cart, it will be last off!

We always hand carry anything of value or that we need before dinner...cash, jewelry, makeup, etc.....I wear my bathing suit under my shorts for boarding, so I don't have to find a place to change before the cabin is ready.

Only had one panic situation where 3 of our 4 bags got delivered right away. The 4th one showed up after the ship left port. I feared strongly I left it at the port or forgot to take it out of the transfer van we took. It eventually showed up before dinner. To avoid this now we cross-pollinate all of our bags so if one goes missing at least we each have half of our stuff.

Only had one panic situation where 3 of our 4 bags got delivered right away. The 4th one showed up after the ship left port. I feared strongly I left it at the port or forgot to take it out of the transfer van we took. It eventually showed up before dinner. To avoid this now we cross-pollinate all of our bags so if one goes missing at least we each have half of our stuff.

We do that every time we fly and/or sail.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

After too many years of catching grief over what I did, or did not pack for the DH...have since bought two identical suitcases. "This one is mine, this one is yours to pack...sweetheart!". :cool: Forget something?? Hmmm...who is to blame now? ;p

Soo.....It has now become a joint event of packing the two suitcases together, but I do casually observe his progress ask him about some key items he may have forgotten. ;)

Is always interesting to see if one of us will be wearing something more casual than planned that night if one case does not make it with the other. :eek:

After too many years of catching grief over what I did, or did not pack for the DH...have since bought two identical suitcases. "This one is mine, this one is yours to pack...sweetheart!". :cool: Forget something?? Hmmm...who is to blame now? ;p

Soo.....It has now become a joint event of packing together, but I do casually ask him about some key items not to forget. ;)

Is always interesting to see if one of us will be wearing something more casual than planned that night if one case does not make it with the other. :eek:

Agree. Years of experience learned to split up my luggage, half of everything in each bag. Worse had is one bag delayed when flying in and another time lost bag on ship turned up after dinner. But just in case lost one bag I'm still set for cruise...

In allure I think we had most bags by 3. Room was ready at 1. Only thing that didn't show up until late was daughters back pack oddly