No Royal Genie!

Holy disappointment Batman! We booked a Sky loft suite on the Anthem in 2019, and were very excited about it because the Genie was included. Of course we also liked the comp. drinks, dining, and gratuities. Now I read that the Sky loft will not be Star class after this year, but instead is being bumped down to Sky. Well that once in a lifetime treat just got the "Royal" treatment. At least we still get the cool digs.:cool:

Be interested to know where you read that. Presumably you're booking under the non-refundable deposit rate now too ? This surely classes as a legitimate reason to cancel. You've bought Product X and are going to end up with Product Y if that happens.

Unfortunately There is no decrease in price. When I booked, the site showed star class information because that is what is available right now. It won't show the new class system until 2018 I suppose. My fault I guess. I should have scoured the web for info on the Genie before booking the suite.

Holy disappointment Batman! We booked a Sky loft suite on the Anthem in 2019, and were very excited about it because the Genie was included. Of course we also liked the comp. drinks, dining, and gratuities. Now I read that the Sky loft will not be Star class after this year, but instead is being bumped down to Sky. Well that once in a lifetime treat just got the "Royal" treatment. At least we still get the cool digs.:cool:

Where did you read that?

This document still has it listed as a Star class suite.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/17055533_Recategorization_Trade_Grid.pdf

Unfortunately There is no decrease in price. When I booked, the site showed star class information because that is what is available right now. It won't show the new class system until 2018 I suppose. My fault I guess. I should have scoured the web for info on the Genie before booking the suite.

If this is the case there is no reason to keep the booking. The pricing factored in amenities you won't receive; pretty significant ones.

I'm not overly tech able so I hope this link shows.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/faq/

This is where I got my information, but hopefully (Ken) your info is correct, and mine is not.

Here's another link to the deck plans for sailings after April 28th, 2018 that still show the Sky Loft on Anthem as Star class.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/anthem-of-the-seas/deck-plans/

The APRIL 28 2018-APRIL 27 2019 deck plans of the ANTHEM, still show the Sky Loft Suites as being Star Class. Relax and have a great trip.

<oops...similar post above..sorry>

If you booked when the Loft was Star, you will still get the Star Class treatment, no matter what the new classification is. There is another thread on this subject regarding the cabin reclassifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Well it looks as though Royal changed their minds and decided to move the Sky loft suites on Anthem to Sky class. Just got off the phone and now all we have is an over priced suite.
When is your cruise? The recategorization didn't impact any sailings open for booking when the changes were made.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well it looks as though Royal changed their minds and decided to move the Sky loft suites on Anthem to Sky class. Just got off the phone and now all we have is an over priced suite.

Are you willing to pay for what you won’t receive?

I just did a mock booking for Anthem for Oct 24, 2019. A sky loft(sky class) goes for $17,290, a grand loft(star class) goes for $

18494, a difference of $

574 This is Candian$. It seems like something is wrong here, the drink package which is included in the Star class is worth almost $574 per person.

I just did a mock booking for Anthem for Oct 24, 2019. A sky loft(sky class) goes for $17,290, a grand loft(star class) goes for $18494, a difference of $574 This is Candian$. It seems like something is wrong here, the drink package which is included in the Star class is worth almost $574 per person.

The difference between 18494 and 17290 is 1204. Even if 574$ is pp -- your numbers don't match :o

Still, the perks seem worth the difference, more so if you're using to full the drink package....

What am I missing. How can a company sell you a product and then tell you that they are giving you less than you paid for and oh, so sorry but that is the way it is. We paid in full at the time of booking so a lot to loose here.

Any advice?

To my knowledge, it's still early enough to get a refund for a 2019 cruise.

The difference between 18494 and 17290 is 1204. Even if 574$ is pp -- your numbers don't match :o

Still, the perks seem worth the difference, more so if you're using to full the drink package....

you are right, should be 18494 for Star class, 17920 for sky class for a difference of 574