Help with passport application

My grandson needs a passport '' QUICK'' He is in the Air Force and it is a requirement that he has a passport before leaving the country, although it is a closed loop cruise. Could someone please recommend a company they have found reliable in getting an expedited passport. We are aware there is an extra charge plus the cost of the passport. Any help would be so appreciated.

Not sure how quick it needs to be.

I mailed off my application on Monday, 6/26 and it arrived this past Monday, 7/10.

That includes a holiday!

No expedited fees paid. Of course, this was a renewal via mail. An original passport may take longer.

Not sure how quick it needs to be.

I mailed off my application on Monday, 6/26 and it arrived this past Monday, 7/10.

That includes a holiday!

No expedited fees paid. Of course, this was a renewal via mail. An original passport may take longer.

Interesting....At the time you mailed, was the State Department site "quoting" 6-8 weeks turnaround time?

If he lives in or near a city with a Passport office (you can find the list on the Department of State website someone linked above), and he provides proof of international travel within the next couple of weeks, he can apply in person and have a passport in hand as quickly as the same day. Typically, they'll offer same-day service for individuals travelling that same day and next-day or "next-few-days" service for people travelling in the near future.

He'll have to pay an additional $60 for the expedited service, and if they do not issue it same-day, he will probably want to pay the additional $15.45 overnight delivery.

This is certainly cheaper than some of the private expeditors who can charge upwards of $200 above the cost of the passport itself.

If he lives in or near a city with a Passport office (you can find the list on the Department of State website someone linked above), and he provides proof of international travel within the next couple of weeks, he can apply in person and have a passport in hand as quickly as the same day. Typically, they'll offer same-day service for individuals travelling that same day and next-day or "next-few-days" service for people travelling in the near future.

He'll have to pay an additional $60 for the expedited service, and if they do not issue it same-day, he will probably want to pay the additional $15.45 overnight delivery.

This is certainly cheaper than some of the private expeditors who can charge upwards of $200 above the cost of the passport itself.

This,

There's a passport office in Miami.

I am curious as to why you are doing this research, as he is an adult and in the Air Force? There are places on base that can help with this. Did he not know of this regulation? Was this a sudden cruise that you have organized? EM

My grandson needs a passport '' QUICK'' He is in the Air Force and it is a requirement that he has a passport before leaving the country, although it is a closed loop cruise. Could someone please recommend a company they have found reliable in getting an expedited passport. We are aware there is an extra charge plus the cost of the passport. Any help would be so appreciated.

he needs to go to the Travel Office on Base. they expedite passports all the time and not just the No Fee ones for when you are on orders as they almost but not quite require a tourist passport for anyone on overseas orders in order to take Leave. It will probably still cost the same as expediting it yourself, but they can process the request immediately.

My step daughter went directly to a passport office, (our closest one is in San Francisco,) and received hers in less than a week. I think it cost an extra $70 to expedite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

he needs to go to the Travel Office on Base. they expedite passports all the time and not just the No Fee ones for when you are on orders as they almost but not quite require a tourist passport for anyone on overseas orders in order to take Leave. It will probably still cost the same as expediting it yourself, but they can process the request immediately.

exactly what I was going to say ...... military bases of any size have an office just for passport and visa processing .....

THIS THIS THIS.... Take advantage of what the military has to offer.

Don't think the Air Force travel office is any different than the Marines, but at Camp Pendleton, their travel office/SATO is stating a 6-8 week turnaround for passports.

There are passport services online that can get expedite a passport within 24 hours - you'll pay thru the nose, though.

exactly what I was going to say ...... military bases of any size have an office just for passport and visa processing .....

Passport offices on stateside ARMY bases only process official travel passport applications. And it still takes 4-6 weeks to get.

Edited by Mcdonaldbam