One Night At Chops

Hello all,

We're 100% MDR eaters and have 0 specialty dining experience but want to try Chops on the Navigator. We're also very frugal so this is where our questions came from.

What's the best way to get a night at Chops and not pay full price? Should we look into the first night done right? I hate to miss the MDR on Prime Rib night though (first night if I recall). Does Royal offer any specials on pricing for just one night somewhere during a 9 night voyage?

Thanks!

Hello all,

We're 100% MDR eaters and have 0 specialty dining experience but want to try Chops on the Navigator. We're also very frugal so this is where our questions came from.

What's the best way to get a night at Chops and not pay full price? Should we look into the first night done right? I hate to miss the MDR on Prime Rib night though (first night if I recall). Does Royal offer any specials on pricing for just one night somewhere during a 9 night voyage?

Thanks!

It's been over a yr since on RCL, but the last few times I ordered prime rib, it was far less than my expectations. Has it improved?

Hello all,

Thanks!

Just off Freedom last Sunday and we had said we would do chops one night for sure. So sitting in a bar on the first night a member of staff was going around trying to sell us this, so I choose a night I felt was less likely to be very busy which was our Rome day and I told him we would go if he offered us a discount so we got it for 25 dollars pp and 10 dollars for my daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If First Night Done Right is offered for your cruise (check your cruise planner) that is the best price you will fine...$15.00 per person. On board promotions for a single night may or may not be offered...but you can't beat the FNDR price.

Enjoy...we do!

It's been over a yr since on RCL, but the last few times I ordered prime rib, it was far less than my expectations. Has it improved?

The last few times it has been a spongy, weird texture. Too bad because that had once been a dependable choice.

the prime rib in the MDR is no longer edible. way too much fat and gristle now.

as to whether or not on board deals can be had , you will not know until you get there. FNDR is the best deal overall. or book a dining package.

Just back (today! :-( ) from Adventure of the Seas. Wonderful cruise! Purchased the BOGO specialty dinners from my cruise planner. 1st night was Giovanni's; 2nd night at Chops. Just be aware that the BOGO is for the 1st 2 nights only- comparable bargain at $30 pp for the 2 nights.

Edited by Renken

We will be on the adventure in November and I have also purchased the BOGO specialty package. Just curious how you liked those restaurants, and if you had a preference?

Just back (today! :-( ) from Adventure of the Seas. Wonderful cruise! Purchased the BOGO specialty dinners from my cruise planner. 1st night was Giovanni's; 2nd night at Chops. Just be aware that the BOGO is for the 1st 2 nights only- comparable bargain at $30 pp for the 2 nights.

the prime rib in the MDR is no longer edible. way too much fat and gristle now.

as to whether or not on board deals can be had , you will not know until you get there. FNDR is the best deal overall. or book a dining package.

Prime Rib was pretty good on the Allure last summer....

I've have cruised 12 times since 2011. I usually try the "prime rib", not because it's great, but just to see if it's improved. It hasn't. At the price they charge at Chops they should be able to offer a slice of prime rib that looks like this2f86b8662b5815e9e33517aa9c969468.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I prefer the prime rib I prepare at home to any I have eaten anywhere. Thus, at Chops we order filet and it has been perfect on every ship we have sailed on. Overall the dining experience is ok in our opinion. Can not compare to Tuscah Grille or Murano's on Celebrity.

We enjoyed our lunch and dinner in Chops on Brilliance in April. If you can purchase the BOGO when you board it worth it for you to try. Would not even consider at regular published price.