Earliest Disembarkation on a Transatlantic

Dorh

We are on a transatlantic from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale. The itinerary shows we arrive in Ft. Lauderdale at 4 AM. We are looking to make a 7:30AM flight. Can anyone tell me if the ship will be cleared for disembarkation? We plan to carry off our own luggage.

We are on a transatlantic from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale. The itinerary shows we arrive in Ft. Lauderdale at 4 AM. We are looking to make a 7:30AM flight. Can anyone tell me if the ship will be cleared for disembarkation? We plan to carry off our own luggage.

This totally depends on customs

the chances of Customs showing up to begin the process of disembarking customers early enough catch a 0730 is close enough to zero as to make no never mind.

they will probably not even begin clearing the ship to disembark until 7.

^ they do show up pretty early for Oasis class ships, but, trying to make a 7:30 flight is iffy.

OP, on most arrivals, the ship is cleared about 30 min after the published arrival time - not sure if that holds for a 4 AM arrival.

^ they do show up pretty early for Oasis class ships, but, trying to make a 7:30 flight is iffy.

OP, on most arrivals, the ship is cleared about 30 min after the published arrival time - not sure if that holds for a 4 AM arrival.

But this is a TA.........everyone has to be cleared.

I did a doubletake when I read the question.

"Is s/he really asking if s/he can make a 7:30 A.M. flight?"

Um, no way in hell or in 53 centuries would I book a 7:30 A.M. flight after ANY cruise.

EVER.

EVER.

EVER.

But this is a TA.........everyone has to be cleared.

Spot on. Crew first then the passengers. I would expect to off the ship by 7.30 let alone in the air. I am happy if you get ashore before lunch. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Could not imagine making that early a flight, especially after a TA. Personally I wouldn't book anything before 10:30 am.

I'd feel better with a noon flught after a TA.

I'd feel better with a noon flught after a TA.

As usual, I agree! You are always right! I suggested 10:30 as so often people say how easy it is to make 9-10 o'clock flights. I am always in minority who prefers to have lots of time! My own go to flight out of FLL is actually at around 11:30. Used it many times, along with luggage valet, very relaxing and no rushing!

As usual, I agree! You are always right! I suggested 10:30 as so often people say how easy it is to make 9-10 o'clock flights. I am always in minority who prefers to have lots of time! My own go to flight out of FLL is actually at around 11:30. Used it many times, along with luggage valet, very relaxing and no rushing!

I'm usually agressive when it comes to making early flights. However, I've seen the kinds of delays that occur after transatlantic cruises, and that's just not the situation to be aggressive about an early flight.

One of our Westbound TAs we only managed disembarkation at 12.00 noon. The whole ship had to be inspected and all the crew go through immigration from very early. Passenger immigration didn't start till after 8.00 am. Once ashore it was total chaos with hundreds queueing to embark.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

IME an US arrival after a TA is rarely a smooth and quick procedure. Many times all non-US citizens had to clear immigration first before anybody on board was allowed to leave. In other words they would not clear the ship until this had happened. This can be a lengthy procedure and sometimes I have had then call people down over the P/A for quite a while, because people obviously failed to comply.

I can beat the noon disembarkation with a 3pm disembarkation, but admit this were extraordinary circumstances, as this was on 09/15/01:(.

Anyway I share the sentiments from many on here a 7.30am flight after a TA is something I wouldn´t risk.

Thank you all for your replies. Thought we could save money on an early flight, but I guess we will not take that chance.

I would think about spending the day in Ft. Lauderdale and catching the 7:30am flight the following morning.

In all of our TA's I have NEVER seen passengers allowed to disembark before 7am.

They will arrive at 4 am and then will start clearing the ship and crew somewhere close to 5 am......followed by passengers at about 7am or even MUCH later - depending how long the ship inspection takes.