Unable to book Anthem for February, 2018 for months now. Any insights?

We are attempting to make a booking online through RCCL directly and various other sellers for February 17th, 2018 sailing out of NYC to Bahamas on Anthem of the Seas with three people in one cabin (one of three is a 13 y.o. child). For few months now all websites show no availability online in EVERY cabin category, unless you book two in a cabin instead of three. The latest attempt prompts you to call agencies even if you put two in a room. Can anyone shed a light on that situation? Should I start calling up travel agencies? ( I prefer on-line booking and not to deal with anyone). Thank You.

We are attempting to make a booking online through RCCL directly and various other sellers for February 17th, 2018 sailing out of NYC to Bahamas on Anthem of the Seas with three people in one cabin (one of three is a 13 y.o. child). For few months now all websites show no availability online in EVERY cabin category, unless you book two in a cabin instead of three. The latest attempt prompts you to call agencies even if you put two in a room. Can anyone shed a light on that situation? Should I start calling up travel agencies? ( I prefer on-line booking and not to deal with anyone). Thank You.

I would clear your cookies and try again, there are cabins available for two people. I do not see any cabins available for 3 people, which doesn't surprise me at all, since that is President's Day week and winter school vacation week for many of the northeast states.

Just an update. Yesterday a dozen balcony rooms with triple occupancy opened up for few hours. We booked 9th floor balcony across forward elevators. Other options were at the back of the ship, not famous Aft cabins though. I am worried about seasickness. Is this area too close to front of this particular ship? Should rooms open up again if there is no mid-ship cabin available, is it better to switch to posterio located cabin? Thank you all who replied.

We booked 9th floor balcony across forward elevators. Other options were at the back of the ship, not famous Aft cabins though. I am worried about seasickness. Is this area too close to front of this particular ship? Should rooms open up again if there is no mid-ship cabin available, is it better to switch to posterio located cabin?

If there's movement and you are prone to getting sick, that won't make much of a diff. Just be prepared with meds. Move for a better location, not to avoid potential sickness.

If there's movement and you are prone to getting sick, that won't make much of a diff. Just be prepared with meds. Move for a better location, not to avoid potential sickness.

What is a better location on Anthem?

On any cruise ship, lowest and closest to mid ship.

Thank You, but the previous poster meant better not with respect to seasickness, but as a better location in general. I am not sure what it means, especially on a ship class I never been to.

Thank You, but the previous poster meant better not with respect to seasickness, but as a better location in general. I am not sure what it means, especially on a ship class I never been to.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thank You, but the previous poster meant better not with respect to seasickness, but as a better location in general.

A better location is somewhat subjective. For us, fairly close to the elevators in between the front and aft banks. Deck 6 or 7 for easy access to the activities on the decks below. You want to avoid a connecting cabin, on Anthem perhaps not on deck 13 (due to potential noise from above). When you try to book on RCI's web site they list the cabins in RCI's priority of what they consider a better location. Read some Anthem reviews and cabin locations are sometimes mentioned - including some people's preference of bed by the balcony or bath.

I have sailed on the Anthem in December and January. During the winter months the north Atlantic can get be alittle rough but not always. I find that mid and back are the best spots for less motion. The Anthem though is very stable and unless you are in bad weather you don't feel it rocking. Bring sea sick meds just in case. I love the Anthem of the Seas. It is a fun ship and the crew is the best.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

I would say anytime Royal has a kids free sale that is valid for vacation weeks any cabins that hold more than two will get booked up quickly. For the August cruise we are on there were hundreds of cabins available, but very few that held more than two. I also would not be surprised if cabins with a capacity of three were somehow held back until the sale was over.