I think my ship got chartered!

Cruisin4beaches

So when I asked wouldn't it make sense, your answer would be no. That's fine, although I don't know why you guys want to berate me over it. I didn't realize suggestions can only be made that apply to 100% of the people on the board.

People are VERY touchy on this topic for whatever reason. IDK Y people are defending a faceless corporation like it's their own kid. Don't take it personally. But that is just me.

So when I asked wouldn't it make sense, your answer would be no. That's fine, although I don't know why you guys want to berate me over it. I didn't realize suggestions can only be made that apply to 100% of the people on the board.

Perhaps it was the 'obvious' comment you made in your previous post - that may be have been construed as a little condescending to those that don't have the same flexibility as others :confused:?

If someone is booking way in advance because of an occasion, wouldn't it make sense to book a backup cruise on those dates, and then cancel the backup if the primary is NOT chartered?

It's because of this common practice that Celebrity (and other cruise lines) will take cash in hand commitment for a charter and bump individual reservations. Until you full pay, you haven't really committed anything. Therefore, the posters who feel so terribly put upon that the cruise line has no "loyalty" have no real right to fell that way.

People are VERY touchy on this topic for whatever reason. IDK Y people are defending a faceless corporation like it's their own kid. Don't take it personally. But that is just me.

No one is defending a faceless corporation without reason. We are defending what is fair and just...and your perspective isn't.

Considering all cruise deposits are nonrefundable in the UK its not that obvious, is it? There is a world outside of the USA too.

Thanks for that, as a Canadian,I am pleased that someone has the guts to point out to Americans that there are many others on the planet than them. We do not always live by American rules!

Thanks for that, as a Canadian,I am pleased that someone has the guts to point out to Americans that there are many others on the planet than them. We do not always live by American rules!

Well actually to be honest some of us do live by American rules.......... when it's to our advantage...........right :D

It's because of this common practice that Celebrity (and other cruise lines) will take cash in hand commitment for a charter and bump individual reservations. Until you full pay, you haven't really committed anything. Therefore, the posters who feel so terribly put upon that the cruise line has no "loyalty" have no real right to fell that way.

Been cruising with X for many yrs,...wasn't always like this....so sad to see what has transpired in the last several yrs...and even sadder that some think it is perfectly OK....There are way more charters and cancellations than in the past and many cruisers not aware of how it works.

But we are glad we have done almost all the ships and itns that we wanted,...now just hoping our EDGE booking does not get snatched away!

Been cruising with X for many yrs,...wasn't always like this....so sad to see what has transpired in the last several yrs...and even sadder that some think it is perfectly OK....There are way more charters and cancellations than in the past and many cruisers not aware of how it works.

But we are glad we have done almost all the ships and itns that we wanted,...now just hoping our EDGE booking does not get snatched away!

I've been cruising for years too, and this is the first line that I have had to worry about this. I of course share my honest experience with my peers.