Diamond vs. Diamond Plus

The Radiance is August 31, would think that the school rush would have ended by then. You would love the Symphony cruise 12 days and 1 port! 9 straight days at sea! On the upside, I will hopefully get a lot of wave time!

JC

I might have to consider a drink package to make it through that.:o:eek:

I don't hear complaints from Suite guests on other RC class of ships who share their CL with D+ so why do you.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I got to side with GTC on this.... Don't want to offend anyone (I'm good at that) but there have been times where we wished a couple of D+ didn't have access to the CL. We have a problem with D+ swearing by dress codes, Suite guest for the most part tend to be more relaxed, have family and children, who like to utilize the CL. We had some very loud D+ on Enchantment while Mario was aboard. There was two separate D+ couples competing and trying to out do each other and sharing their cruise experience to anyone within shouting range. To us, they were just obnoxious. This is not a convection of all D+, just some.

So many D+ on here want to stick to the old traditions of dress while cruising but suite guest are pushing for a lot more relaxed atmosphere in the CL/SL. I have heard comments about the children in the CL or SL but I promise you for the most part, the majority of Suite guest don't care or let the little things bother them.

D+ want access to the CL/SL but are not yet ready to accept the Suite Guest attitude.

Looking ahead, we are likely to be D+ end of 2018 or early 2019. Yep, we get double points and thank goodness SO cruised a lot of Royal before me.... LOL

I got to side with GTC on this.... Don't want to offend anyone (I'm good at that) but there have been times where we wished a couple of D+ didn't have access to the CL. We have a problem with D+ swearing by dress codes,

D+ want access to the CL/SL but are not yet ready to accept the Suite Guest attitude.

I rarely visit lounges during happy hour for two reasons. Firstly, there are usually too many people in there for my liking. Secondly, I'm not changing out of my shorts and putting on long pants.;)

I wasn't calling you a whiner. I was speaking in generalities. What do you think about RCI introducing new levels to prolong the trip to D and D+? How about increasing the number of points needed to reach these levels? RCI has done both in the past. The carrot keeps moving. Is that fair? I don't know. The rules say RCI can change, or eliminate, the program at any time. So I guess according to the rules it is fair. Eliminating one of the D+ lounges is fair according to the rules. Ending the C&A program entirely is fair according to the rules. We all chose to participate in a program that we were warned could change, or end, at any time. That is what you, I, and everyone else agreed to. It is about as one sided an agreement as the ridiculously one sided cruise contract that we all agree to every time we book a cruise but it is, non the less, what we agreed to.

I understand what you are saying but the huge number of C&A members should have a detrimental affect to RC riding roughshod over us especially if everyone stopped booking with them if they threatened to do that.

If all the new ships get the SL, extra perks should be given to D+ members to offset the loss of CL access.

I rarely visit lounges during happy hour for two reasons. Firstly, there are usually too many people in there for my liking. Secondly, I'm not changing out of my shorts and putting on long pants.;)

You should be fine if they are "nice" shorts.;)

Me too. Diamond Plus that is. As long as the majority of the diamond benefits are still offered, I am not going to winge too much, because at some point someone might think these ungrateful SOBs are a PITA let's do away with the whole program. Because they can and will change the program at any time and in any way that they choose. It is not something we have actually earned, because of the wording I am referring to.

They have limited space and the primary goal of making as much money as possible with the facilities that they are paying for. Which means nothing will remain the same forever. A belief that things will remain the same forever is one that is sure to leave a person unsatisfied.

I will tell you of a horrible situation that occurred on my last cruise in the substitute diamond lounge. I am still so shattered by the experience that I can only now share my story, three months later!!!!:eek:

On the Ovation of the Seas, they closed the Diamond Lounge!!!!! When I went with my key in hand, to get a coffee the door was locked and the diamond Lounge label was replaced with the Golden Room. I was traumatized!:eek: Fortunately, They had a large sign in the hall that said the upstairs portion of the music hall was reserved for Diamond members. Whew! I went in, and to my horror, my precious expresso machine was sitting inside the bar area, where the bartenders work, and to which passengers can not enter. How was I to get into the employee only area to make my expresso. Fortunately, a ships crew member of a slightly higher rank than bartender was there to make my latte with an extra expresso.... Still it was very traumatic having to explain to her how to make my coffee just the way I wanted it. :loudcry: Telling this horrific story has reopened my old scarred wounds. I am not sure if I will be able to enjoy the weekend or if I will lay curled in a ball in my hallway....

JC

Wow i to would be traumatized.

My coffee contains a double espresso topped up with a cappuccino no sugar.

I think it would be business suicide for RC to dilute or stop the C&A loyalty scheme because there are so many other cruise line options now with numerous ships to choose from.

The people who keep track of this kind of stuff in the MDR are the same people who are in the C&A lounges.:rolleyes:

I am of the opinion that it is up to people what they wear and it is none of my business and i would have a drink and chat with you no problem if you were wearing shorts.

I think it would be business suicide for RC to dilute or stop the C&A loyalty scheme because there are so many other cruise line options now with numerous ships to choose from.

I do the same thing.:cool:

I am of the opinion that it is up to people what they wear and it is none of my business and i would have a drink and chat with you no problem if you were wearing shorts.

I would enjoy chatting with you also and I couldn't care less what either one of us is wearing. People are a bit like Christmas presents.... the wrapping isn't the most important part.

I would enjoy chatting with you also and I couldn't care less what either one of us is wearing. People are a bit like Christmas presents.... the wrapping isn't the most important part.

Exactly we never judge people by what they wear or ask what their jobs are or loyalty status.

We have met lots of fabulous people on cruises and have experienced great friendship's.

People who complain are missing out.

I understand what you are saying but the huge number of C&A members should have a detrimental affect to RC riding roughshod over us especially if everyone stopped booking with them if they threatened to do that.

If all the new ships get the SL, extra perks should be given to D+ members to offset the loss of CL access.

People here seem to threaten all the time. My favorite is, 'As soon as I take the 4 - 10 cruises I have booked........'

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Bravo...... we wear our shorts but the D+ can't stand it.... thats why CL should be limited to Suite Guest and PC. If D+ want to play with Suite Guest, tell them to behave.

I do a latte with extra shot of espresso and about 6 of the raw sugars. [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I would love to meet you one day and I promise to buy you a drink or few. I'm not so bad in person.....

Ok, let's really mess this $--- up.... We will make it a dress code thread. When we started cruising in 1996, we always dressed up for formal night. This continued for us until two things happened. The first was 911. The airlines made luggage expensive. This didn't deter me.... the bridges in Venice did. 2004 we did a land trip to England, flew to Venice, then trained to Rome then car to Amalfi for a week in a villa. We arrived in Venice at 11PM got dumped off by the cheap bus from Marco Polo airport at the big plaza where the bus goes, 4 bridges later and the 4 50pound bags and two small backpacks lugging all of our stuff, and suddenly I decided in the future no more two bags of luggage. The last time we had a tuxedo in our luggage was probably 2007 on our first TA. Since then we have skipped formal night mostly, we eat in specialty restaurants or the Coastal kitchen on our last cruise, which had 3 formal nights:eek:!

That said, I used to wear nice clothing. In the last 5 years, I have given up taking any nice clothing other than a couple of say Robert Graham shirts. I wear Kuhl Renegade pants, which are kind of fancy hiking pants. I wouldn't consider wearing shorts other than board shorts while flowriding in the evenings in the dining rooms or the DL. That said, expect to see me before the first morning session for stand-up in board shorts and rash guard and my ancient Mion sandals getting two lattes with and extra shot of expresso and 3 Splenda....

I really could care less what others wear, but I will only be so marginally out of style.... Gotta look good... enough.

JC

Right now I think having the 3 drink coupons, on top of having a Diamond Lounge, more then takes care of losing access to one of two lounges. I can now go to a whole bunch of lounges to get my drinks if I want to.