Key West - Old Town Trolley

TACMS

Can anyone tell me about how far of a walk it is from the ship to getting on the Old Time Trolly? Mom has some mobility problems.....she walks with a cane or a walker, but still difficult. Thank you....

It depends on where you dock. If you dock downtown, it's probably a 5-10 min walk. If you dock near the Navy base, X provides a shuttle that drops you off very close to one of the trolley stops

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We docked downtown earlier this year and walked to the trolley. It took about 7-8 minutes. The trolley is not particularly easy to get on and off of for some people. Two women attempted to board, one with a cane struggled but just couldn't get up the step and turn to through the opening to the seats.

I would suggest that you look at the trolley before purchasing tickets to make sure your mother will be able to board.

We used the HOHO in Key West when staying in a hotel on the other side of the key. They picked us up outside our hotel and brought us to the HOHO station making several stops along the way with a reverse route going back. I know you're not in a hotel, but I wanted to illustrate how helpful and cooperative and organized they are. I have trouble walking as well but had no problem getting on or off. Only problem we did experience, and it applies usually when a big ship is in port, is the crowds waiting to get on and off the trolley. One night they were overwhelmed and we waited over an hour for a trolley that had empty seats! Also the area of Key West that is where all the tourist sites, restaurants and shopping is, is relatively easy to walk. Not to be missed are the Truman Summer White House, Hemingway House, southernmost point in the US and the sunset party on the dock, which hopefully will be right near where you're docked. The entertainment (free) is amazing....especially the cats!