Good bye Food & Wine/T&L subscriptions for 4 star and above.

shrimp56

How long until "O" Magazine is offered for any who may wish to ha ve it? :D

In your latest Mariner magazine it has an exclusive offer for Mariners for a one year subscription of O, The Oprah Magazine for only $10.00. I will probably take them up on the offer if I can pay with a check.

Does anybody else find it a bit strange and illogical that HAL would have a business relationship with AFAR Magazine for their "Destinations" and EXC initiatives and then offer a subscription to Travel + Leisure, a competitor, to its Mariners ??? By the same token, they have signed an agreement with America's Test Kitchen but offer their Mariners a subscription to Food and Wine ???

Thank God none of these Seattle people are piloting the ships we sail on. :-)

I don't think Food and Wine or Travel + Leisure cost HAL anything. Magazines have to justify subscriptions to their advertisers in order to sell ads in the magazines. HAL is giving us the magazine, the magazine is adding to their subscriber data to justify ad revenue.

Does anybody else find it a bit strange and illogical that HAL would have a business relationship with AFAR Magazine for their "Destinations" and EXC initiatives and then offer a subscription to Travel + Leisure, a competitor, to its Mariners ??? By the same token, they have signed an agreement with America's Test Kitchen but offer their Mariners a subscription to Food and Wine ???

Thank God none of these Seattle people are piloting the ships we sail on. :-)

You're sure of that???

How did this formal notice come? Email, with the magazine? Looking at our latest issue I see our subscription ends next month. Haven't gotten any notice yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here!! Just received my supposedly last subscription and to renew automatically!!! I thought the same thing that the perk is being removed.

Either way that's fine. I get so many travel magazines and always received T&L. Not getting it is no big deal.

Denise:)

Might want to call HAL to confirm.

I don't understand your connection between The Culinary Center changes and the 4*+ magazine subscription amenities (Travel & Leisure, or Food & Wine).

edit: the benefit is still listed here

Food & Wine was a sponsor of The Culinary Center. We already subscribed to that so we took T&L

I wish in retrospect that I had ended the thread title with a question mark.

:confused: I have received the "free" subscription option for a number of years, and most (maybe all) years I receive a request to send in my renewal $$. I never have and I continue to receive the magazine. Occasionally I will receive a notice from HAL as to which magazine (T&L or CN) I want. I check a box and mail it back and the magazine continues (or changes) depending on my request to HAL.

I do not want either magazine if I have to pay - but for a number of years (4 or 5 maybe) it just keeps coming - FREE.

Suggest all who are in some level of a tizzy over this - wait and see what happens.

No, I'm not kidding because HAL HAS NOT TAKEN THE BENEFIT AWAY. It is still there.

There is no need for angst nor worry. HAL has not reduced benefits.

If your subscription expires, ignore the email from the magazine and just log in on the HAL website and sign up for another one year subscription. Simple.

I have no angst over something worth ab out $-0- to me. :D

Simple, I will not go to the web site to sign up for anything. I. :) Sorry you are 'lost'? or at a loss. :cool:

Edited by sail7seas

We get food & wine for $9.99 a year; it has some very good recipes usually several per issue and worthwhile information on restaurants, chefs, cities and wines. Worth taking a look. Travel & Leisure I've seen for $12/ year; I look at it at Doctors offices but don't feel compelled to subscribe. Either way this is not a $40 benefit.