14 day Caribbean cruise itineraries are gone

nast

We like to take a 14-day cruise in November or March.

Presently, there is no 14-day Caribbean cruise itinerary by the end of 2018 and 2019

Last Eclipse 14 day cruise will be in April 2018

(there is 1 in Dec 2018 and 1 in Jan 2019 on Reflection, but this does not work out for us)

I am hoping that there will be some 14-day trips added again in the future.

Love these longer cruises, what happened to the 14 day cruise itineraries ?? :loudcry:

Hi for our 2019 vacation booked Silhouette B2B March 15 will be 9 nights and March 24 will be 12 nights. Totals 21 nights 1 week more than 2018 vacation on board Eclipse. In the 2 legs no island to be repeated. This is a good option instead of the 14 day night.

My guess is there aren't enough people with the flexibility and money to book a 14 day cruise, especially when it's not standard summer vacation times.

It's easier to fill 2 7-day cruises than 1 14-day one.

As has been suggested, book a b2b for the 2 weeks you want. Or do 2 different ships, or a week on land and a week cruise, or even 2 different cruise lines.

If you're lucky enough to be able to take 2 wks off and have the money for a nice vacation, you have a lot of options.

My guess is there aren't enough people with the flexibility and money to book a 14 day cruise, especially when it's not standard summer vacation times.

As has been suggested, book a b2b for the 2 weeks you want. Or do 2 different ships, or a week on land and a week cruise, or even 2 different cruise lines.

If you're lucky enough to be able to take 2 wks off and have the money for a nice vacation, you have a lot of options.

I would second a B2B on different cruise lines. Although that would entail an additional packing, unpacking what you gain is a whole 'different' vacation experience. The shows, meals, and ambiance would all be different from the first cruise. We have done this many times and I didn't find it to be a hassle in the least!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I did a b2b on 2 different cruise lines. Since I have to fly from the west coast, I don't like just a 7 night cruise. I actually cruised on MSC out of Miami. Then took transportation to FLL. From there, a taxi to Port of Everglades for a Celebrity cruise. It was interesting to have 2 different cruise lines. Yes, packing up was not the funnest part. IMO Celebrity won in all categories except entertainment. MSC entertainment was outstanding. BTW - also cruised as a solo. I'd do it again . . . but maybe not with MSC.

We like to take a 14-day cruise in November or March.

Presently, there is no 14-day Caribbean cruise itinerary by the end of 2018 and 2019

Princess has one aboard the Caribbean Princess, round trip, departing from Port Everglades March 18, 2018.

We're booked on the March 18,2018 14 day Eclipse Caribbean cruise, the longest one we've taken. With the cost of airfare it just gives us more bang for the buck. Eclipse is going to be in South America after that.There are a lot of people who have taken this cruise year after year (some 7 years in a row) who are hopping mad that it's not going to be repeated. So it's not from lack of popularity or ability to fill the ship that the cruise is being discontinued. The prices have been going up since we booked in March. It's got to be some calculations done by Celebrity Corporate that people on these cruises spend less per diem than people on shorter cruises.Well it's going to get some people upset and they won't think twice about going over to HAL which is known for featuring longer cruises.

Other people have said maybe one of the Edge class ships will take this route over eventually. Usually they start the new ships on the 7 day Caribbean trips. We'll see.

We've done a B2B on the same ship and DW loved watching people leave the ship. She got very possessive in the deserted pool and as people boarded said "What are these new people doing on HER ship."

Enjoy your cruising days.

Edited by NordicPrince

We love the 14 day cruises. The cost per day is usually decently cheaper than booking a b2b. We have one booked on the Equinox in November for 14nights and cannot wait.

We once booked a 7 night and then a 14 night b2b but on 2 different ships. This was on the Silhouette and Eclipse and we had to head from FLL to MIA. While the packing and unpacking wasn't that big of a deal, it would have been much better to just stay on the same ship!

In January 2019 we have a 7 day cruise on Edge and then get on Silhouette for 12 days. Celebrity has told us they will take our luggage and deliver it from Edge to Silhouette. That is pretty cool[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I loved those 14-night cruises! You can't replicate the experience on two 7-nighters. For one thing, the menu repeats. And usually the ports repeat and are the same old, same old, because they can't get deep enough in the Caribbean to do anything interesting.

Our experience is similar to Linda's. 7 day B2Bs spends more time than we want in close proximity to the Florida ports. We have a 14 day on the Eclipse scheduled for November, our last 14 day cruise on Celebrity.

Thanks OC,

We have cruised on Princess and did not particularly enjoy the experience. While a 14 cruise look good, 14 days on princess does not.

• 1 month later...

We love the 14 night cruise! We have done Eclipse twice now (same stateroom) and loved it! After doing a 7 night cruise, we decided not to do those anymore. Our next cruise is only 11 nights on Reflection, so we are testing those waters. We were planning on booking while on Reflection for our next cruise - which was going to be 14 nights. It seems such a waste of time to return to the port you left from, and then waste the day in FLL or MIA when you could be somewhere in the Caribbean! I do hope Celebrity reads these messages and creates a 14 night cruise to take the place of Eclipse's route.

We like 14 day cruises, especially if we incur the cost of a transatlantic flight! We did the Eclipse 14 day earlier this year and loved it. However, we did notice that the speciality restaurants were almost empty many nights and I wonder if the on board spending of individuals does not increase in proportion for longer cruises, thus negatively impacting on the all important bottom line? I'm guessing that profit is what it's all about. The Celebrity model does seem to be to keep prices down and depend upon the up-sell on board.

We like 14 day cruises, especially if we incur the cost of a transatlantic flight! We did the Eclipse 14 day earlier this year and loved it. However, we did notice that the speciality restaurants were almost empty many nights and I wonder if the on board spending of individuals does not increase in proportion for longer cruises, thus negatively impacting on the all important bottom line? I'm guessing that profit is what it's all about. The Celebrity model does seem to be to keep prices down and depend upon the up-sell on board.

I think you are probably right about the spending...possibly a cruise popular with long standing cruisers and E and E+ guests enjoying the cocktail time rather than splashing out on drinks packages.

It terms of flying over from the UK we quite like adding a 'something else' to our Caribbean cruises....time in Orlando, a trip down the Keys, Sanibel or Naples....We find if we book 10/12 day cruises we seem to be able to plan the 'best of both world' a reasonable length cruise and an add on.

flexibility i agree. money i don't. If you can shell out thousands for a vacation, then money isn't an issue. I literally only know of one person in my profession who could get more than 1 week off in a row. literally one out of thousands that I have spoken to.

We have done this cruise every January for the last 5 years and will do it this coming January.In 2019 we are doing B2B Reflection 11 day-10 day but sadly can't do 21 days more than once. Don't know what 2020 will bring. Don't like 7 day cruises.

It terms of flying over from the UK we quite like adding a 'something else' to our Caribbean cruises....time in Orlando, a trip down the Keys, Sanibel or Naples....We find if we book 10/12 day cruises we seem to be able to plan the 'best of both world' a reasonable length cruise and an add on.

We aren't flying from the UK but we find the added days pre or post cruise is an easy way to extend time, explore different areas and avoid going back to the winter weather. Adds a whole new vacation to the trip.

Celebrity have been quite clever in our view doing 11 and 12 night ones, it means that you have sufficient time in a 2 week leave to fly international and get a day or 2 in port and do a cruise. Doing this also means they get to put more cruises on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums