Does RCCL honor re-booking/repricing when prices go down?

Hey folks,

Just noticed prices for our room type went down nearly $700 from what I paid. With NCL you can call and they will honor repricing or if the difference is large enough, an upgrade. Does Royal has any such price protections? Thanks.

Well final payment was a month ago so ... I guess I will call see if they feel pity for me :)

Good luck, and let us know if you catch a break.

Also, check for higher category staterooms that may also have come down in price enough for you to move.

Also, check for higher category staterooms that may also have come down in price enough for you to move.

What Bob has suggested is more likely, definitely. Try to call in, but make sure to check better category cabins and see if they have come down. You won't get money back for the difference, but you might be able to snag a free upgrade. Good luck!

Yeah, no dice. It was worth the shot, though. What irks me a bit is IIRC COO/CFO of Royal saying they wanted to give incentives for people to reserve early and part of that was avoiding 45- and 30-day from sailing reduced pricing. I guess actions speak louder than statements. I'll wait to book a room next time around.

Yeah, no dice. It was worth the shot, though. What irks me a bit is IIRC COO/CFO of Royal saying they wanted to give incentives for people to reserve early and part of that was avoiding 45- and 30-day from sailing reduced pricing. I guess actions speak louder than statements. I'll wait to book a room next time around.

I remember that too, but as I recall there was enough ambiguity that anything could happen.

Don't forget, the cabin you catagory you want can be sold out. Booking after final payment is a crap shoot. It depends on how the ship is selling. If it sells well, there will be no price drops.There may also be increases. Good luck doing it that way. Usually, if you book when the booking just comes out, you get the best prices, and, of course, your choice of cabin.

I had the exact same thing happen to me three days after I booked price went down $700 on a Jr Suite, but since I booked within final payment window there was nothing that could be done. I know exactly how frustrating it is! What that taught me was to NEVER check prices after final payment - just adds frustration if they drop significantly. Try to forget it for now and enjoy your cruise!

I was surprised that someone had recommended calling about price drop after final payment on Ncl cruise, I expected nothing as customary rules nowadays, but they gave some percentage of difference in OBC after first checking if upgrade available.

Maybe 25% but better than nothing . So , price dropped for cabin 100 and got $25 OBC. Something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was surprised that someone had recommended calling about price drop after final payment on Ncl cruise, I expected nothing as customary rules nowadays, but they gave some percentage of difference in OBC after first checking if upgrade available.

Maybe 25% but better than nothing . So , price dropped for cabin 100 and got $25 OBC. Something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You did notice that this is a RCI forum, not NCL. Different cruiselines, different rules.

Are you sure the price of the cabin you have has never sold for as low as now?

What category are you in?

It was worth the shot, though. What irks me a bit is IIRC COO/CFO of Royal saying they wanted to give incentives for people to reserve early and part of that was avoiding 45- and 30-day from sailing reduced pricing. I guess actions speak louder than statements. I'll wait to book a room next time around.

The caveats to the statement were: limited to sailings longer than 4 days, inside 30 days and "sizable" drops - that has held true as far I can tell Most drops happen about 60 days out and their statement does not cover that period.