Fttf

braz88

It's been a while since we've cruised on Carnival. We are booked on the Dream March. 2018 and can't wait !

I've been reading so much about paying extra for FTTF.

A couple of questions on FTTF.. 1. From those of you who have purchased it would you say it is worth it ? 2. How do we purchase it for our cruise ? I did not see it when I booked.. maybe it is available as it gets closer to sail date?

Search these threads for FTTF, you will get hundreds of discussions regarding the merits and who loves it and who doesn't. Its subjective and you will have to decide what works for you and your family....really not much else to say as it has ALL been said in the past few years....good luck!

It's been a while since we've cruised on Carnival. We are booked on the Dream March. 2018 and can't wait !

A couple of questions on FTTF.. 1. From those of you who have purchased it would you say it is worth it ? 2. How do we purchase it for our cruise ? I did not see it when I booked.. maybe it is available as it gets closer to sail date?

You purchase FTTF as an excursion pre-cruise online. It may not be available until it gets closer to your sail date. But check often if you are interested because it always sells out. It is a matter of opinion whether it is worth the money. There are lots of opinions on this board both ways. Some love it, and some think that money could be better spent on other aspects of the cruise.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Some pros & cons-

Pro- if you have handicapped or developmentally challenged people travelling with you, getting onboard faster can be a benefit, especially for those who can't stand for prolonged periods of time. I've heard that staggered check in has helped with this problem a bit, though....

Pro- you don't have to lug your carry-on with you til the room is ready, if you're an early boarder- otherwise wait til 1-1:30 to board and the cabins should be ready shortly.

Pro- VIP line at Guest Services- I don't go a lot, but it was great not having to wait in the LOOOOONNNNGGGG SLLLOOOOOWWWW line. Alternately, wait for a less busy time to visit GS!

Con- cost! $70 for a 7 day cruise is a money-grab from Carnival, in my opinion.

Con- you get your luggage earlier, but only if you remember to put the FTTF orange tag on it when you give it to the porters... and often my luggage has arrived right around the same time as the FTTF suitcases around me, so no great benefit there.

The bottom line: anyone who tells you it's the best thing and you have to buy it, or it's a waste of money, don't bother- both are wrong. Only you can decide if it's right for you and your family, based on your research.

But if you want to try it, you might have to hawk the excursion site night & day to find it! and if you see it, grab it, 'cause worth it or not, they go fast!

Look under excursions and it's a waste of $70-80.

If you want the privileges listed on the website, it is worth it. Otherwise, it is not.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-%28fttf%29

I don't see it as really worth it. I have had a cruise where I literally hopped right on in Miami. Other than that one, I have never waited more than an hour to get on board, but I usually have a late check-in time, so my room has always been ready. Luggage has arrived when it has, but I carry my own now since I have learned to pack light.

The most compelling reason to buy it is bypassing the lines for check-in, guest services, and tenders, but that doesn't quite seem worth $70. But like other folks have said, it is treated like a shore excursion at your sailing port. It can sell out though, so keep a sharp eye on it if you really want it. :)

By the way, Dream is a great ship, and you will have a great time. Don't miss the Tandoor Indian restaurant during lunch. It is included in your price, and some of the best food on the ship.:D

If you want the privileges listed on the website, it is worth it. Otherwise, it is not.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-%28fttf%29

Even if you don't take advantage of all the perks it includes, it's worth is still subjective. It, in fact, can still be worth is to some people, even if they don't use all of the perks.

We bought it for the first time for our next cruise. I didn't think we'd ever get it, but the situation changed. We don't have any tender ports, so can't use that perk, but it's still worth it to me. I don't know that we'll worry about when we get off the ship, so we may not use the early/late debarkation perk, but it's still worth it to me. Why? Because we'll be a group of 8 this time and really don't want to drag several carry-on bags with us to lunch, so the ability to access our cabins immediately makes it well worth it, in my opinion. That and the priority guest services line.

We always recommend it for people travelling with us that don't have priority. That way, we don't have to wait for them to board or getting on tenders. The group can stay together that way and not waste time waiting in lines. other than that, I'm not sure the other benefits are important to us.

We still check luggage and it never gets there as a true priority, we never go to guest services, and don't need access to the room straight away. If you like it, get it because it will be gone!

I managed to get the FTTF for my cruise in Sept. For me getting to my cabin early to drop off all carry on baggage and not standing in line on embarkation is worth it. Guest service lines are usually long also. I'm on vacation and the last thing I want to do is stand in line especially with a bad knee. For me, the benefits outweigh the cons.

We have purchased FTTF for our last 4 cruises. However, with the price increase, plus the addition of staggered check-in times, I'll have to give some serious thought to ever purchasing FTTF again. I would suggest you look at the "benefits" of having FTTF, then ask yourself, "Do I really want and need these benefits bad enough to pay the price Carnival is asking?" As others have said, whether or not it's worth it is entirely up to you.

In my experience it's been well-worth the price -- even the increased price -- but only you can make that decision. If it's available for your cruise, I'd say go ahead and book it immediately. You can evaluate whether you think it's worth it by reading Carnival's FAQ about it, and then cancel if you think your money would be better spent elsewhere. (After it sells out, then someone who's been watching for a slot to open up might make a happy discovery on the website. :) )

I would say that if your cruise includes any tender ports, it's almost a no-brainer to get FTTF.

I managed to get the FTTF for my cruise in Sept. For me getting to my cabin early to drop off all carry on baggage and not standing in line on embarkation is worth it. Guest service lines are usually long also. I'm on vacation and the last thing I want to do is stand in line especially with a bad knee. For me, the benefits outweigh the cons.

Amen!

One lengthy wait at Guest Services makes the option 'worth it'.

Of course, I have the patience of a 2 year old, so there's that... ;p

If you like to arrive at the port early, skip long lines, and be in one of the first boarding groups then it's a benefit. I've by-passed many longs lines with my FTTF. One cruise had a huge waiting area full of people, but I was able to go to the FTTF waiting area and board before the general boarding. It was so nice not to have to wait. Also, there is a special check-in line for FTTF. That is nice too. For people who like to arrive late, then there would be no benefit with boarding.

Being able to go straight to your room as soon as your board is nice too. You can drop off your carry-on bags. If you want to get off of the ship early at the end of your cruise, FTTF people can leave the ship earlier than the general cruisers.

I don't mind paying extra for these benefits.

For me; I have purchased it for my last three cruises, and for me it has been worth it because of physical disability, and for me it has been worth it not to have to go in a long or longer check in line or if I have issues on board that I can access the priority line at guest services. These things have been of great value to me being a less than platinum Carnival card holder.

so if you have a problem standing in lines for a time and or think you might need to access the priority line at guest service desk than it could be beneficial. The times I bought it, I was so happy I did, and just as an aside. I cruise solo, am older, but do have some physical issues,so it was for me a very beneficial thing. It was worth it for me, but for each individual it could be different depending on needs.

As others have said, it's completely subjective as to worth. For us, we get FTTF every cruise and it's always worth it (sometimes for very different reasons). On our cruise from Port Canaveral a couple of years back (before staggered boarding), there was a terminal issue that caused massive delays and a huge backup outside of the terminal to get in. When we arrived, they had just reopened the terminal, but there were hundreds in line waiting to get in. With our FTTF, we just walked past everyone into the priority entrance and into the terminal. My kids said "we get to cut the line in front of all of these people?" and I said "Yup". Then they said "But they were all here before us" and I said "it doesn't matter - FTTF puts us in front of all of them". 95 degree Florida heat with high humidity and I can only imagine how long some of those people had to stand in that outside. We were right in to the air conditioned terminal and since boarding started shortly afterward, we essentially walked right on to the ship after our check-in. FTTF was 50 bucks then. Worth it? You bet it was and that was before the cruise even started.

Basically, FTTF is Carnival's way of letting you buy priority status. This is likely why the Plats/Diamonds seem to dislike it (but I have no idea why this would matter to them). FTTF costs more now, but in the end, is buying priority status worth it to you? Only you can decide. But it's definitely worth it to us and we have it again for our cruise next month.

I loved it! Went past all the lines first off. Then we got on the ship, one of the first ones, went right to our room, which was ready and dropped off our carry on bags.. Then went up to the Lido deck to eat lunch - was still early so we found a nice table along the window and got into short lines to eat. We had a few issues that we needed to talk to Guest Services about - they have a special line for people with FTTF - never waited very long. Then we got to get off the ship first as well. It just made things easy for us as a family of three. I would do it again.

DH is not the healthiest, he has cancer, and he took a bad fall this past month, fractured his skull, so for us FTTF is imperative, we never know how he will feel each day, so to get to the cabin, and letting him rest is great!

I like the tendering option, you tell them you want to get on the tender, and they have an elevator just for you- I did this once at Half Moon Cay, and my cabin mate forgot we had FTTF, and boarded the same tender as I did.......????

Have a problem once on board? There is a line just for you, with two or three max in line as opposed to 10 or 15.

And the best part? Getting into your cabin as soon as you board.

The worst part? you can get off the ship early, but I never want to.

Faster to the Food one of the best pure profit things carnival came up with. Next I see day and week passes being sold for the Havana area. Meaning you can book a normal cabin and still have access to the Havana area of course it would be controlled by volume

I think it's funny how people sail on Carnival to save money, than at the first opportunity, they spend money on items that are absolutely free.

1. Carry on bags - one pack pack is all that is needed. Funny thing is many people who want to drop things off early, than will carry huge bags to the beach the next day. One day it's not ok, the next day it's ok to carry things.

2. Get bags faster in your room. Hit or miss it seems. But why does it matter? It takes 15 minutes to unpack at some point on day 1.

3. GS line. The lines are nothing more than Carnival reducing services by not proper staffing of the desk, creating the long lines, and thus creating an artificial need.

4. Priority tender. If you have an excursion, you get it anyway. For the others, people rush to get off, but yet come back a few hours early? Why not just wait an hour, enjoy breakfast and avoid the rush?

5. Have access to your room? Why not arrive, go get lunch and than go to your room? You are paying exactly for what?

6. Disabled? On other cruise lines, the disabled, usually are identified immediately and directed to a special line. Doesn't Carnival do that? Or did they remove it, so they can sell the disabled FTTF?

FTTF is designed to get money, for free items, that in many cases were artificially created by Carnival to make it sound like it is a great thing.

I think it's funny how people sail on Carnival to save money, than at the first opportunity, they spend money on items that are absolutely free.

1. Carry on bags - one pack pack is all that is needed. Funny thing is many people who want to drop things off early, than will carry huge bags to the beach the next day. One day it's not ok, the next day it's ok to carry things.

2. Get bags faster in your room. Hit or miss it seems. But why does it matter? It takes 15 minutes to unpack at some point on day 1.

3. GS line. The lines are nothing more than Carnival reducing services by not proper staffing of the desk, creating the long lines, and thus creating an artificial need.

4. Priority tender. If you have an excursion, you get it anyway. For the others, people rush to get off, but yet come back a few hours early? Why not just wait an hour, enjoy breakfast and avoid the rush?

5. Have access to your room? Why not arrive, go get lunch and than go to your room? You are paying exactly for what?

6. Disabled? On other cruise lines, the disabled, usually are identified immediately and directed to a special line. Doesn't Carnival do that? Or did they remove it, so they can sell the disabled FTTF?

FTTF is designed to get money, for free items, that in many cases were artificially created by Carnival to make it sound like it is a great thing.

NAILED IT!!!! [emoji106]