Us power available in cabins?

cruisegoal100

We are considering a cruise on the Arcadia and understand that P&O is a UK line, but, since I (Sherman) use a nebulizer daily for medication, I need to know if there any US 120volt 60Hertz outlets available in the cabins.

Please do not suggest that I use a converter or other similar device, because I have previously burned out a nebulizer in the UK trying to do that!

Thanks in advance!

Most devices are rated from 100V - 250V, making them universal. There should be a label on the back of your machine giving ranges of voltages, hertz (50 to 60Hz), amps and watts.

If they have these ranges, then you don't need any special converter (this may be the reason your unit burnt out)

If they already operate in desired ranges all you need is a normal plug converter (not voltage converter). My devices work all over the world with out issue.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I checked and the nebulizer label indicates 115 volts and 60 Hertz so the question stills stands as previously stated.

I'm not sure about an electric razor outlet in the bathroom because they usually state that they are for electric razors only.

We are considering a cruise on the Arcadia and understand that P&O is a UK line, but, since I (Sherman) use a nebulizer daily for medication, I need to know if there any US 120volt 60Hertz outlets available in the cabins.

I was in a Deluxe Balcony cabin on Arcadia recently - it had three US sockets, one Euro socket and one UK socket over the desk/dressing table. Not bad for a UK line! Having been caught out by a lack of UK sockets on Adonia a couple of years previously I packed a selection of chargers including a US iPhone charger so I can confirm the US sockets were live.

I checked and the nebulizer label indicates 115 volts and 60 Hertz so the question stills stands as previously stated.

I'm not sure about an electric razor outlet in the bathroom because they usually state that they are for electric razors only.

I think the "electric shavers only" sign is there because you need that special shape two round pin plugs only razors have but you could in theory get a plug made up as a fall back measure. For safety sake they do not want people taking hair dryers etc in there as it would be a serious hazard.

Regards John

I think the "electric shavers only" sign is there because you need that special shape two round pin plugs only razors have but you could in theory get a plug made up as a fall back measure. For safety sake they do not want people taking hair dryers etc in there as it would be a serious hazard.

The hazard is that shaver sockets are only rated to supply a low current, i.e. an Amp or two, so anything like a hairdryer which draws a lot of current will fry them. US two pin plugs will fit into most if not all UK dual voltage shaver sockets because the sockets have small flat indentations to allow that, but the overriding concern is the current.

The reason why Arcadia has a mixture of UK/US plugs is because it was not built specifically for the British market it was initially going to be a HA ship and Queen Victoria but at last minute was passed on to P&O.

The reason why Arcadia has a mixture of UK/US plugs is because it was not built specifically for the British market it was initially going to be a HA ship and Queen Victoria but at last minute was passed on to P&O.

A lot of people are aware of Arcadia's pre-service history but it's a bit irrelevant given the passage of time: Arcadia has only sailed under P&O colours and has had two refits since entering service twelve years ago. One would have thought that with tens of millions spent on the refits some money could have been found to sort out things like the unhelpful selection of power sockets, i.e. on a practical benefit to the majority of customers in addition to the revenue earning stuff like adding cabins.

A lot of people are aware of Arcadia's pre-service history but it's a bit irrelevant given the passage of time: Arcadia has only sailed under P&O colours and has had two refits since entering service twelve years ago. One would have thought that with tens of millions spent on the refits some money could have been found to sort out things like the unhelpful selection of power sockets, i.e. on a practical benefit to the majority of customers in addition to the revenue earning stuff like adding cabins.

I am not really bothered what sort of sockets there are, just as long as there are enough for my needs, we always take a couple of multi purpose adaptors on holiday with us which cover all eventualities.

I am not really bothered what sort of sockets there are, just as long as there are enough for my needs, we always take a couple of multi purpose adaptors on holiday with us which cover all eventualities.

This is true for most of us including myself. Unfortunately for the original poster he has a US, 120v nebuliser which may be destroyed if he finds out the shaver sockets are not 120v and no other 120v supply is available. This may stop the gentleman from breathing, it is not that he is a bit picky about in what format the pins are arranged. Your post with link ( #7 ) has answered the dilemma completely.

Regards John

This is true for most of us including myself. Unfortunately for the original poster he has a US, 120v nebuliser which may be destroyed if he finds out the shaver sockets are not 120v and no other 120v supply is available. This may stop the gentleman from breathing, it is not that he is a bit picky about in what format the pins are arranged. Your post with link ( #7 ) has answered the dilemma completely.

Regards John

My last post was in response to Kentchris rather than the OP who I recognise has a rather specific problem not associated with the number of sockets.