Sabitini's Now $29 When did that Happen?

cruzsnooze

IMHO, dropping the Lobster "Three Ways" (what exactly was the third way??) is no loss.

It's Lobster Bisque sauce. :eek:

The only time I got it was when adding it to another entrée like at the Crown Grill. A lobster tail with orzotto (made from pearl barley) maybe containing a couple of pieces of lobster and a lobster sauce. That's quite a stretch calling that Lobster Three Ways and it's nothing that I'll miss on the new menu.

Tris d’Aragosta

lobster three ways - lobster tail, lobster orzotto and lobster bisque sauce

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is the Sabitini on the Crown at $29 the old menu? I like the veal chop they used to have on the old menu but didn't like the new menu. If what I'm hearing is that the price went up a few months ago was that because the raised the price with a new menu?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is the Sabitini on the Crown at $29 the old menu? I like the veal chop they used to have on the old menu but didn't like the new menu. If what I'm hearing is that the price went up a few months ago was that because the raised the price with a new menu?
Check the website for Specialty Dining options on any given ship. The Crown still shows Sabatini's which is the "old menu" at $29. If you check the website for the Caribbean or the Grand it shows Sabatini's Italian Trattoria which is the "new menu" at $25. I have no idea of the rollout schedule for Sabatini's Italian Trattoria on other ships but probably at the next scheduled drydock. Of course, if not successful, it might go the way of SHARE which is currently in limited to only three ships, Emerald, Ruby and Sun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not sure I would believe what's advertised on the web site. Has anyone on the ship reported back from the Crown lately?
I would agree with you regarding certain information on the website but the Specialty Restaurant information seems to be kept fairly current, especially when rolling out a new venue such as Sabatini's Italian Trattoria which is currently only on the Grand and Caribbean. See the attached information regarding dining options on all Princess ships which I downloaded from the website this morning.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

With the rollout of SHARE, Princess had a press release indicating the dates for the first four conversions of Sabatini's to SHARE. Only three were implemented as the conversion on the Coral never happened. Princess may be more cautious with this rollout but, as I suggested in an earlier post, a conversion to Sabatini's Italian Trattoria will probably not occur until a ship's next drydock.

It took three years from the news release about MDR lunch on embarkation day to get the news to the ships!!
We were able to have lunch in the MDR on a cruise within months of the announcement and on every successive cruise except for two when the MDR was not open for lunch for any passengers, including in transit passengers.