Beach Day

This might seem like a dumb question but here goes. When you take a tour or just go to the beach ( an island ) on your own what do you do with your money, sail pass card & any thing else you would not care to get stolen when you go into the water? I would be afraid to leave under my towel or hat on shore while wife & I are in the water.

george35

Your cash, credit card and ship's key can get wet! Water won't hurt them at all. Put them in a velcoe pocket in hubby's swim trunks. I simply put stuff like that into the pages of an old paperback book....and I keep an eye on my stuff while I get wet. Sometimes, I'll ask someone sitting nearby to keep an eye out....you can tell other cruisers by the ship's towels!

When we travel with our little one we hid that sort of stuff in a clean diaper that we roll up like it's used. No one would want a dirty diaper. We both know which one is this diaper so we don't accidentally throw it away.

But when it is just adults we take what we can with us into the water and like a previous post we put the other things in a paperback book.

Your cash, credit card and ship's key can get wet! Water won't hurt them at all. Put them in a velcoe pocket in hubby's swim trunks. I simply put stuff like that into the pages of an old paperback book....and I keep an eye on my stuff while I get wet. Sometimes, I'll ask someone sitting nearby to keep an eye out....you can tell other cruisers by the ship's towels!

That's what we do. Love that men's suits have those pockets. We do this at the pool onboard as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I have a couple of those boxes on lanyard (cigarette pack size) that I used to use, but they tend to float away even when under a t shirt. Prefer the flat pouches with roll top and short tie that I get from Amazon - 5x7 works well and larger hold things like cameras and cell phones. Just don't count on any of these being absolutely waterproof. One of my bathing suits has a zip pocket with a lanyard loop and is great with this. The loop is short enough to tie to a ladies top as well. The clamp-top type pouch work very well but wear out fairly quickly and is kind of clunky. Underwater camera on wrist lanyard. Wet cash still spends fine.

Basically the only thing we leave on shore are sunglasses and towels.

I bought a KYSS bag which locks to a beach chair. I have left stuff in there with no problems.

It is not completely theft proof but a deterrent. It's harder for a thief to grab a bag and keep going if the beach chair comes along too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums