All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

I've been on the jewel three times and it is one of my favorite ships. The crew is awesome and the service is superior,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice to hear how much you liked the ship. Our last Royal Cruise was on the Oasis, which we loved! I was hesitant about booking the Jewel because of her age and size.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it just Jewel or is it on other ships?

Interesting that the vegetable jalfrezi isn't vegetarian

I started a thread when on Jewel in June about the introduction of the new curry menu ( search for curry...). It was met with great excitement and enthusiasm. To the best of my knowledge Jewel is the only ship currently offering this separate menu at dinner, although Navigator has now turned Sabor into a venue offering Indian dishes only.

5e7e13df818dc58867b423a18b256e06.jpg

What part of "flavourful sauce" makes the vegetable jalfrezi not vegetarian???

Edited by little britain

What part of "flavourful sauce" makes the vegetable jalfrezi not vegetarian???

It is intriguing :confused: :')

Sorry I missed your previous post

The menus look really interesting would be great if was rolled out further.

Do we know if Navigator Indian is permanent or just when sailing UK market?

81ac9c8fe813538860a817d15163fcf1.jpg

Breakfast room service menu from Jewel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!! Chocolate donuts on yeaaa lol.

And very nice that you can order eggs and bacon 🥓 to your room. So the 7.95 is per plate or 7.95 for the entire room order?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting. They offered a small breakfast (sandwich, yogurt, fruit, etc.) on my Nov 2016 TA.

This is the first time I've read about some sort of breakfast offering in the Jewel Solarium. Hoping this is also the case for the Nov 2017 TA. Thanks for the info.:)

Going (hopefully) on Jewel on January 14th out of San Juan for my first ever cruise. I finally booked one and then weather craziness happened. I'm really hoping that by then the port, airport, and our hotel Sharaton Old San Juan will be up and running.

My husband and I are booked on that sailing too and the Sheraton Old San Juan is our post cruise hotel. We are really looking forward to experiencing Jewel for the first time. From what I understand, the airport is already open and operating on a limited schedule, the port is open as well and the Sheraton Old San Juan is one of numerous San Juan hotels that was not terribly damaged, open and operating right now.

Going (hopefully) on Jewel on January 14th out of San Juan for my first ever cruise. I finally booked one and then weather craziness happened. I'm really hoping that by then the port, airport, and our hotel Sharaton Old San Juan will be up and running.

We're on this cruise as well! We were originally booked on Adventure of the Seas but it went to dry dock so landed on Jewel and this will be our first time. Cruised Serenade in 2009 but don't remember it too well! Excited and anxious to hear the all clear for our cruise!

We're on this cruise as well! We were originally booked on Adventure of the Seas but it went to dry dock so landed on Jewel and this will be our first time. Cruised Serenade in 2009 but don't remember it too well! Excited and anxious to hear the all clear for our cruise!

I guess we both will be following Jewel's TA this year and see what people have to say.

I'm very happy how this thread has taken off and have found it enjoyable. While the thread is about the ship, I don't see why it can't be about its itineraries. I know people will post in other threads, but I think it would be helpful if people posted here, notifications they got about their upcoming cruises and port itineraries. My cruise is still 200+ days out and still has, as I would expect, St Croix and St Martin on the schedule. I suppose around late March or April I will begin to wonder. Booking excursions for this one will be fun. I ran into that on a smaller basis last week on Majesty.

Looking forward to passing the next few months with all of you.

I'm very happy how this thread has taken off and have found it enjoyable. While the thread is about the ship, I don't see why it can't be about its itineraries. I know people will post in other threads, but I think it would be helpful if people posted here, notifications they got about their upcoming cruises and port itineraries. My cruise is still 200+ days out and still has, as I would expect, St Croix and St Martin on the schedule. I suppose around late March or April I will begin to wonder. Booking excursions for this one will be fun. I ran into that on a smaller basis last week on Majesty.

Looking forward to passing the next few months with all of you.

I plan on doing a review of our B2B in January which I assume will have all of the same islands as you are planned to visit. I will definitely link the review here and try to offer any info before that point as well!