All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

Posted earlier this is a photo of myself, my wife and close friends Penny and Jon. Many of you would recognize the port as St Lucia. Knowing Jewel does and will spend half the year in the Med, I'd love to see pictures of her there. We still have the Med on our bucket list.

Jewel off Cannes

IMG_4983-M.jpg

Jewel in Ajaccio

IMG_5096-S.jpg

Jewel in Rhodes

IMG_6742-S.jpg

Just off the Jewel (Med Cruise) from 2 weeks ago. The Centrum had live music every evening (including the 70's night activities which were a main highlight of the Cruise). Cruise Director's Staff was great. This was my first really port intensive cruise so the Jewel was more of a glorious hotel over my previous cruises but the ship itself was great (crew could not have been any friendlier).

We will be on the Jewel Oct 7th. Wondering what type of clothes to bring for siteseeing in Greece. Will it be shorts or pants weather. Will it be too cold to go to the beach in Mykonos? We are also spending the following week in Rome? Not sure if I should pack capris, skirts, or long pants.

Just off the Jewel (Med Cruise) from 2 weeks ago. The Centrum had live music every evening (including the 70's night activities which were a main highlight of the Cruise). Cruise Director's Staff was great. This was my first really port intensive cruise so the Jewel was more of a glorious hotel over my previous cruises but the ship itself was great (crew could not have been any friendlier).

Thanks for the information. Did the Safari Club have regular live music too?

Thanks for the information. Did the Safari Club have regular live music too?

The Safari Club is sadly under-utilised. The bar there rarely is open. Such a shame as it is a great location.

When the band played there it was packed. The lady singer of the house band is superb.

The big band does a great Glenn Miller evening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Safari Club is sadly under-utilised. The bar there rarely is open. Such a shame as it is a great location.

When the band played there it was packed. The lady singer of the house band is superb.

Thanks for the update. It is indeed a pity that this venue is underused. On Brilliance we enjoyed dancing in the Colony Club most evenings.

Didn't know that, will watch for it.

If you see that, call me, my number is Pennsylvania 65000. As a PA native I knew how to spell it.

Quest is also held in the Safari Club.

That didn't sound right when I read it, but I had to think back and look at my pictures and indeed you are right. Thanks for making me think. I had two very different Quests up there. The one run by Dennis Charles was pretty good, the one by Carly was boring PG. I haven't look ahead yet to see who might be the CD in April.

That didn't sound right when I read it, but I had to think back and look at my pictures and indeed you are right. Thanks for making me think. I had two very different Quests up there. The one run by Dennis Charles was pretty good, the one by Carly was boring PG. I haven't look ahead yet to see who might be the CD in April.

Our top tier events were also held in the Safari Club.

Really looking forward to following this thread. We'll be on for the TA in November B2B with the following Caribbean cruise. Loved LittleBritain's updates earlier in the year and hoping the curry menu is still available ongoing. We are big fans of Radiance class ships :D

See you onboard for the TA segment! Departing Nov 6 from Civitavecchia, right? We also love the Radiance class, and Jewel is the only one of those ships we haven't sailed on.

Jewel off the coast of Santorini......3858c147aa62fa1d46ea1d07f8ddd9a8.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Awesome pics!!! Med is also on our bucket list but probably not til retirement:loudcry:

No, on Jewel the CL is for full suites, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle.

YEAH!! We are only Emerald but doing a GS so I guess we can sneak in ;p

Looking forward to following this thread. We are on the Jewel for our 2nd time this April, last time was 2013. It was our very first RC cruise, never looked back. Can't wait to see all her renovations.

Awesome pics!!! Med is also on our bucket list but probably not til retirement:loudcry:

DO NOT wait for retirement..... just go! :D:D. You will so not regret it

Hey little britain... superb photos! Thank you.

2 weeks for me and counting... what port times did you have in Santorini? We're there 1pm-10pm. I've reserved dinner in Fira on the cliff (sunset). I hope I get some unreal photos of Jewel with the sun going down. :cool:

So question for anyone who has sailed recently, now that I know the water taxi take cruisers from Fira to Oia with a bus ride back, do they force you to take a specific bus at a specific time with regard to which water taxi you are on? I want to maximize my time in Oia without being forced onto a bus only an hour after we get to Oia for example. If this is the case, I just may as well grab a taxi or public bus (did the public bus before and super easy).