All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

I am an avid Iced Coffee fiend. (Non flavored variety) Does anyone who has sailed know if Cafe Latte-tudes has iced coffee or will my coffee card be useless. I am unable to find a menu for this particular ship. Also, is their version of iced coffee a shot of expresso poured over ice?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

6 hours ago, Jadeeelisa said:

I am an avid Iced Coffee fiend. (Non flavored variety) Does anyone who has sailed know if Cafe Latte-tudes has iced coffee or will my coffee card be useless. I am unable to find a menu for this particular ship. Also, is their version of iced coffee a shot of expresso poured over ice?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

This is from Serenade, a sister ship:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53121679&postcount=56

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TinkBellaMom said:

I’m actually happy to hear that.  We love her the way she is, beautiful and refined, no frills.

I'd love it if they completed the previous dry dock as they had planned and fully converted the Solarium food venue to Park Cafe.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Oh yes that would be nice!  Maybe that will happen when she goes in dry dock.  It should be in 2020 right?

I believe Jewel's last dry dock was in 2016, so she could go into 2021 before a dry dock.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, TinkBellaMom said:

Bob, would you have an idea when the dry dock is scheduled, would it be before she starts her season begins in Baltics or after?

I believe the season begins early summer 2021.

I've not seen any reports with specific dates for Jewel's next dry dock.

• 1 month later...

Love, love, love Jewel of the Seas! Maybe as we get a little older, we begin to enjoy the simpler things. But the connection to the Sea is so much greater than all of the classes that succeeded. Windows everywhere. Best Schooners Bar that I have been in. The outdoor (open air) windjammer seating is just a gem (pun intended). Our expectation was that we would miss the royal promenade, but the centrum brought people together in a way that pleasantly surprised us and NO $10 tshirt sales or crowded parades. Not quite ready to say that Jewel usurped Adventure's place in my heart, but maybe...... if Radiance class ships had reserved pool deck seating for suite guests, it would be a no brainer!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Love, love, love Jewel of the Seas! Maybe as we get a little older, we begin to enjoy the simpler things. But the connection to the Sea is so much greater than all of the classes that succeeded. Windows everywhere. Best Schooners Bar that I have been in. The outdoor (open air) windjammer seating is just a gem (pun intended). Our expectation was that we would miss the royal promenade, but the centrum brought people together in a way that pleasantly surprised us and NO $10 tshirt sales or crowded parades. Not quite ready to say that Jewel usurped Adventure's place in my heart, but maybe...... if Radiance class ships had reserved pool deck seating for suite guests, it would be a no brainer!

Oh yeah, the throwback nautical themed Windjammer with wood everywhere was so refreshing after all of the white institutionalized motif they have been doing to all of the wind jammers in dry docks over the fleet!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We  were just on the Jewel for a Mediterranean cruise.  We had a great time.  The staff was fantastic, the activities were really fun, and the only criticism I have is that the dining room curtains desperately needed to be vacuumed.  They had been pinned up for so long without cleaning that they had a good 1/2 inch of dust sitting on them.  That aside, I would not hesitate to sail on her again.

We were on Jewel on her transatlantic/ Southern Caribbean  last year in November and enjoyed every single minute. She is one of our favourite ships. Now we are looking forward to be back on her on January 13th for a B2B from Dubai. When we are onboard, feel free to ask questions.

We are looking forward to sailing on the Jewel in August from Copenhagen to Tarragona- great itinerary. This will be our first time on Royal but we are Diamond thanks to our Elite status on Celeb.

Roll call is small, but it seems to me that joining one is not as popular as in the past. We cancelled a booking on another Jewel (NCL) and that roll call was puny too.

We have Cabin #9592 starboard....any info from you Jewel afficianados?

• 1 month later...