Seattle Port Valet experience

Heavy69

I'm looking to use the Seattle Port Valet to check into the airline and have our bags sent to the airport. However, I was reading where people had issues with their boarding passes and luggage not showing up. What is the experience of people that have used this service on the Solstice? We're flying out on United later in the afternoon of disembarkation.

It worked perfectly on my flight out of Seattle a couple of months ago. I was also on the Solstice and had a flight around noon on Southwest. The boarding passes were delivered to our cabin along with the luggage tags the last day of the cruise. After putting our luggage out before going to dinner on the last night, the next time we saw our luggage was on the carousel at our home airport.

It made ending our trip so much easier!! I love this service and we didn't even have to pay for it to boot!! I give it an A+++++!!

We are on the Solstice at the end of August and would love to use this service but our Southwest flight does not leave until 5pm. Is this to late in the day to do it?

No, that's not too late. The reason the city of Seattle is picking up the charge is because they want people with later flights to be able to tour the city without any extra baggage (pun intended). I was actually surprised that they picked up the cost when my flight left before noon as I didn't really have time for any sightseeing. Although, it is still a goodwill gesture that sticks in the minds of those that have used it ... .so they did leave those passengers with a good impression of the Emerald City.

Just of note, one of the lesser advertised perks of Luggage Valet is that you do not HAVE to keep your luggage under 50 lbs. Yooohooo! While we all still try to have a little empathy for those that have to lift our heavy bags, it is so nice to be able to pack a bag and not have to worry that it is 3 lbs over the limit ... and you won't be charged for the overage. This might just be one of the best overlooked advantages of Luggage Valet. I hope people never take this to the next level and pack a 75 pound bag as it will certainly make this go away, though.

OP....we used this wonderful service 7-17 on HAL Amsterdam, it was flawless. We got our paper work at 4 PM the day before departure, it included boarding passes and luggage tags. You will also get a tracking number for each bag. Once at SeaTac, the luggage will be tagged with airline tags so your bags will have two tags.

For some passengers, the down side of this program was that those enrolled were required to disembark the ship between 7:30 - 7:45 AM. There have been other posts that seem to show that departure time depends on the ship. We had an 11:45 AM flight so welcomed the early departure from the ship.

I sort of hate to post it but we did have one bag that missed the flight. We were on Emerald Princess, departing Seattle on Delta at 12pm. When we arrived in Atlanta, we discovered that one of our bags had been put on a later flight. I suspect this was probably a Delta issue, not the port or the ship. The Delta baggage agent in Atlanta seemed a bit befuddled by some of the paperwork - kept insisting that this was for a flight two days earlier (really?!) but in the end, we did have the bag within 24 hours.

It was super convenient - I would probably do it again.

I sort of hate to post it but we did have one bag that missed the flight. We were on Emerald Princess, departing Seattle on Delta at 12pm.

Well, I believe Delta stands for:

Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive. :')

We've used the service several times in various places and love it. My only question or surprise is that I'm hearing there is no charge. Am I correct? Celebrity always listed a $20 charge per person each time we've used it before. Can someone verify that there is no charge? We travel at the end of the month and our flight leaves Seattle at 2:15pm.

Thank you.

We've used the service several times in various places and love it. My only question or surprise is that I'm hearing there is no charge. Am I correct? Celebrity always listed a $20 charge per person each time we've used it before. Can someone verify that there is no charge? We travel at the end of the month and our flight leaves Seattle at 2:15pm.

Thank you.

The city of Seattle is picking up the charges for this season to encourage people to go tour their city prior to heading off to the airport. Otherwise, it would now be $25 pp. The link to this is listed above in this thread but here it is: https://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Pages/Port-Valet.aspx

Thank you.

There is usually a charge for this service. However, the city is picking up the tab. This allows passengers to visit the city without their luggage. It's a win win for both the city and passengers.

Luggage program

• 4 years later...

I just looked into this service. This sounds wonderful. I had already sent an email to their contact on the website. A nice lady replied with the information and service. We plan to spend a few hours in Seattle before leaving for the airport. Having not to carry our bags around with us and have this service take them to the airport for us sounds great!

We used it in Sep 2021 on Millenium. It was awesome. Not hauling luggage made the whole experience easy.

We had to sprint through DFW to get to our connecting flight because we departed Seattle late. We weren’t even sure we'd make the flight and were sure our luggage wouldn’t make it. We got to the gate after boarding started and looked out the window where we saw a man in pickup truck handing our two bags to the baggage handlers.

• Like 1