Breakfast

BUgrad

we have a tour leaving at 7AM. We are in a concierge. How early can we have breakfast? Are there places on deck for an early breakfast?

Also, I am a little leery about eating in Viet Nam and Thailand. Can I get a prepackaged lunch?

You can get room service 24/7

Horizons have pastries/coffee/tea from about 6 am

If there is early docking sometimes the Terrace will open earlier to allow those with early tours to eat before they go ashore

No box lunches

Taking food ashore in some countries can carry a heavy fine

Maybe some prepackaged power bars or boxes of dry cereal would be ok

I carry power bars just in case we do not find food to tide us over

I believe tour operators are sensitive to the availability of safe food. If your tour is day long I would be confident re:the food. If it is shorter, take pre-packaged power bars, etc. For breakfast Horizons seems a sure bet.

Ask the night before when Terrace will be open for breakfast. They are very accommodating with shorex schedules and will open early to meet cruisers needs.

They will also often remain open past regular hours for those returning to the ship from long shorex.

I always thank the Terrace staff for giving up their sleep and they are very appreciative and I note the extended hours and my thanks in my mid ship review.

On tours through Thailand and Vietnam I always gathered sandwiches and cakes in a napkin from the on board coffee shop before we left for emergencies if we did not like lunch!

Ever been to New Zealand?

ORV--I once got pulled aside flying into NZ from OZ because of my "fruit slices" in my luggage. After a thorough search they found my cute guest soaps that were "lemon" and "orange" slices I had bought in a Sydney home goods store for our Fl home!!! Security dude grinned!!!

I suggested to Ray Carr that Insignia should sail into those several ports playing "Yes, we have no bananas" over the Public Address System because we had been warned so many times about taking food off....of any kind. We weren't sure Customs would find it amusing.......OZ and NZ are not to be trifled with.

ORV--I once got pulled aside flying into NZ from OZ because of my "fruit slices" in my luggage. After a thorough search they found my cute guest soaps that were "lemon" and "orange" slices I had bought in a Sydney home goods store for our Fl home!!! Security dude grinned!!!

I suggested to Ray Carr that Insignia should sail into those several ports playing "Yes, we have no bananas" over the Public Address System because we had been warned so many times about taking food off....of any kind. We weren't sure Customs would find it amusing.......OZ and NZ are not to be trifled with.

And if you live in farm country -- make sure you wash your boots good. My DW got caught her first time in OZ -- and had to go to the washing station.