Freedom July 22nd Review Lots of Food Pics

cruisewithwife

I'm really enjoying your review. I love this type of format ...photos and a brief description:D. I'm going with my Mom on the Freedom in February.

Looking forward to more of your review, thanks for taking the time!

:) Bobbi

I'm really enjoying your review. I love this type of format ...photos and a brief description:D. I'm going with my Mom on the Freedom in February.

Looking forward to more of your review, thanks for taking the time!

:) Bobbi

Thanks. I am a fan of seeing the pictures so that is how I plan on doing it. Will add more to the review tonight hopefully.

Thank you! I am sailing on the Freedom in February with my mom. I have a quick question. Did you buy any alcohol to take home. If so was it delivered to your room the last night or did you have to pick it up the last morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice job so far man! The wife and I are probably right around you and your wife's age so I look forward to seeing your perspective. We're leaving on the Freedom in 2 weeks, taking our 5 and 7 year olds, so our experience may be different from that aspect, but looking forward to more of your review. This will be the 5th cruise for the wife and I, with the Conquest being our first for our honeymoon in 2006.

Congratulations on the anniversary! And thanks for the great review. The Freedom is the only ship that I have sailed on twice. I would happily sail on her for a third time lol. It is nice to see it again through your photos. Looking forward to the rest of your review.:)

Thank you! I am sailing on the Freedom in February with my mom. I have a quick question. Did you buy any alcohol to take home. If so was it delivered to your room the last night or did you have to pick it up the last morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did not purchase any alcohol to bring home but they did make announcements it would be delivered to your room the last night of the cruise.

Nice job so far man! The wife and I are probably right around you and your wife's age so I look forward to seeing your perspective. We're leaving on the Freedom in 2 weeks, taking our 5 and 7 year olds, so our experience may be different from that aspect, but looking forward to more of your review. This will be the 5th cruise for the wife and I, with the Conquest being our first for our honeymoon in 2006.

Thanks. Yes I am sure when we go in November with our kiddos 7 and 4 it will be a lot different then this trip.

Before I write about day two there was a few things I forgot to mention about day 1. Our room steward, Ron was amazing. We met him shortly after getting to the room and he asked us if we wanted the morning, afternoon or both services. We told him we really didn't need both but if we could get extra towels in the morning that would be great. Ron's response was I will take care of you in the morning and evening full service. He did a wonderful job with our room throughout the week. We also purchased a small cooler that had a hard plastic liner in it that was wonderful for keeping drinks cold. Ron would fill this up with ice in the morning and evening. There is a small fridge but it does not get the beverages extremely cold. The ice was nice to have. Another thing we used for the first time was magnetic hooks which came in very handy for hanging our sail and sign cards by the door as well as other paperwork such as funtimes, room service menu which helped keep the counters free.

Now on to our first full day at sea. Below is the Fun Times for the day

enhance

enhance

We got up early this morning as one we were still in the routine of getting up and two we decided we were going to get some mini golfing in early. So it was a little before 7 and we were ready to go for the day.

enhance

The water looked so nice this morning and it was very relaxing as there was very few people up and moving around yet.

enhance

enhance

enhance

We made our way up through the basketball court which also has a cool skydome that looks down onto the main dining room.

enhance

enhance

It was time to get our mini golf on. Who was doing to win the husband or the wife?

enhance

enhance

You get right up next to the whale tail when you are mini golfing.

enhance

DW took an early lead in the game.

enhance

I battled back with the only hole in one during our golfing experience.

enhance

In the end though DW came away the winner by one stroke. We had a great time and I would recommend 7:00 as a great time if you want the course to yourself.

enhance

After all that hard work it was time to get some breakfast. We headed down to the lido deck. I wanted to try out Blue Iquana's. We ended up sharing stuff so we had to try the Huevos Rancheros and Arepas.

enhance

The huevos rancheros was pretty good but we were both pretty impressed with the arepas. It was a corn bread type breading with cheese in the inside. I know the description doesn't sound that amazing but it was good. We did try this later on in the week and it didn't seem as good so if it's not good one day try again haha.

enhance

They also make breakfast burritos so I mean it is only right if we try that as well.

enhance

enhance

The breakfast burrito we got was good. The tortilla was not as good as we are used to though. It did not seem freshly made you could tell it came from a package. It had hashbrowns, mexican scrambled eggs, cheese, chicken sausage and guacamole. We also had some orange juice and guava juice. The guava is only available at breakfast and one note is if you happen to purchase a bottle of vodka for your room which we did it mixes very nicely with it.

enhance

After that DW said she really wanted a piece of french toast so I walked over to the buffet to grab that and the salmon eggs benedict was staring at me so I had to try it.

enhance

Edited by cruisewithwife

We decided to do some relaxing and headed to the aft pool. We found two lounge chairs in the shade looking at the pool. We realized this turned out to be an amazing spot....one it was in the shade so that helped keeping it cool but two there was the sliding doors behind us and anytime someone came out we got a blast of AC which felt great on this warm morning.

enhance

enhance

After lounging in the chairs for quite some time we decided to head up to the open top deck. That strawberry frozen yogurt machine had to be right by the stairs so we grabbed some of that and headed upward. DW had a goal of no ice cream on the ship so we shared this and it was her only for the cruise.

enhance

We found these cool rocking chairs that were very comfortable to sit in and look out over the water. The chairs do not look comfortable but they were which was surprising.enhance

This was a very relaxing location and hardly any people up there as well.

enhance

Can you guys see the videos? On my phone they work through the app but on the computer they don't want to play I just get an error message. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Not able to see them on the laptop. Haven't tried on mobile.