Bottled Water?

Does RC allow you to bring bottles of water on board with you?

If not, do they sell bottled water on the ship, besides the Evian water, that's pretty expensive?

Thanks

It is on the prohibited list, but is rarely enforced. If you are on a cruise during spring break, you will see increased enforcement.

All bottled water that they sell on the ship is expensive. Evian by the case, unknown brands by the bottle.

On my last cruise (Oasis, 9 months ago) I saw people taking large packs of bottled water on board and someone with a case of soda, they walked straight on with them.

I had a bottle of water on me at the time which I was drinking from and was able to take that on with me.

Technically you are not allowed to carry any drinks, other than two bottles of wine, on board. It is a rule that is rarely enforced.

Just FYI iced water is available at any bar or food location. You can also carry a sports bottle and fill. Make sure you request ice for your cabin and you can then have iced water using your bathroom sink.

Do they still have the large individual bottles of water, in your cabin, for sale? If so, how much are they now?

Carnival has strictly prohibited taking any bottled water on board, but they sell a 12 pack of purified water, for $4.99. That's reasonable

Anyone had any experience bringing water onboard at the Baltimore port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not, but I will say that in general, THAT port is the snarkiest and nastiest about stuff that you have with you. When RC first started allowing passengers to take on two bottles of wine per cabin, they did an intense search of my carry on and then interrogated me for a few minutes. It was incredibly stupid.

They also have a sign there that points to a line for "Diamond" members. The staff member "guarding" the line, however, did not have the slightest idea that this means Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnnacle. :rolleyes:

Do they still have the large individual bottles of water, in your cabin, for sale? If so, how much are they now?

Carnival has strictly prohibited taking any bottled water on board, but they sell a 12 pack of purified water, for $4.99. That's reasonable

If I remember correctly, Royal charges something like $4-$5 for a single one-liter bottle of Evian.

As several posters mentioned...it is not allowed per policy, but seldom enforced.

One thing that could find your water in refusal is to simply slap a luggage tag on a case of water and expect the porters and baggage crew to have to handle that cumbersome package. Many ports are refusing them now, including Port Canaveral. Do them, and yourself a favor and put your bottles of water in a tote bag with a handle, then attach the luggage tag to give to the porters. Works for me each time, and I am not loaded down with that bag as a carry on.

I picked up a flat of water in Seattle, put it in a large duffle bag (that I'd packed for this purpose) and affixed a luggage tag. I knew it might be confiscated but I wanted to try.

The bag was delivered with no problem. It was great to have bottles of water for the trip! (I did this for our 7/29/2017 sailing)

I have not, but I will say that in general, THAT port is the snarkiest and nastiest about stuff that you have with you. When RC first started allowing passengers to take on two bottles of wine per cabin, they did an intense search of my carry on and then interrogated me for a few minutes. It was incredibly stupid.

They also have a sign there that points to a line for "Diamond" members. The staff member "guarding" the line, however, did not have the slightest idea that this means Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnnacle. :rolleyes:

I agree - Baltimore is one of the more difficult ports. I don't bring water myself but have seen cases refused and people had to carry them on themselves. Not my idea of a fun way to start a cruise.

If you buy a drinks package that includes water there's no need to also buy a water package. Many of the bartenders will give you two bottles at once. It's easy to stock up in your room; just keep on getting them throughout the day. Each bottle probably costs RC 20 cents at worst.

Thanks for the tote bag idea. I'll give it a try.

You are most welcome! I have done it that way many times, and has never failed to reach my cabin!

After the bag is empty, I just fold it and stash it in my luggage for the trip home.