Anthem online check in

That is what I thought and have done in the past. I will wait a while and go into the site again. Just was wondering if there was some sort of change. Thank you.

The Anthem online check in process and port check in is different than other ships. You upload a picture as part of the online process and you also print a separate set sail pass for each member of your party. If you don't upload a picture, they will do it at the port, but we have found it simple to just upload one ourselves.

You will check in with someone in a blue shirt who has a tablet. Depending on time of year, we have actually checked in at the port with someone outside the building. Your set sail pass is what you use to board the ship and use to buy drinks, etc. until you get to your cabin to get your sea pass cards. The cards have an RFID chip in them and you just tap it to open the door or charge things throughout the ship.

I had to call Royal to get it fixed. The agent told me there must have been something else I didn't complete and I assured him I had checked several times and all was done. Turns out Royals site did not like the fact that I had checked consecutive cruiser -- even though I am. So agent had to manually fix. All is well now. Thanks all.

For the anthem you can do the online without the photo because even if you do when you get to the terminal when I was in Bayonne actually they take a new photo anyway so why waste it all the time to upload a photo I'm not sure enjoy your cruise

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Hmmm....that is different then what I experience boarding the Quantum a few years ago at Bayonne..that ship pioneered the new procedure, and when the person checked me in outside the terminal with her ipad, she did not take a new photo...

Perhaps they want a more 'uniform' photo now. If that is the case, why bother offering it on the online check-in, at all?:confused:

Hmmm....that is different then what I experience boarding the Quantum a few years ago at Bayonne..that ship pioneered the new procedure, and when the person checked me in outside the terminal with her ipad, she did not take a new photo...

Perhaps they want a more 'uniform' photo now. If that is the case, why bother offering it on the online check-in, at all?:confused:

In my experience on several Quantum/Anthem cruises is that they check that the photo you uploaded is acceptable (centered, plain background, etc). If not, then they retake it.

I had to call Royal to get it fixed. The agent told me there must have been something else I didn't complete and I assured him I had checked several times and all was done. Turns out Royals site did not like the fact that I had checked consecutive cruiser -- even though I am. So agent had to manually fix. All is well now. Thanks all.

I have done B2B on the Anthem twice and always uploaded a photo for the pre-cruise online check-in and never had a problem. Good ol' RC tech!

In my experience on several Quantum/Anthem cruises is that they check that the photo you uploaded is acceptable (centered, plain background, etc). If not, then they retake it.

Exactly. If your own photo is good, you are done. If it's not, they have the ability to re-take it on their ipad and make that your SeaPass photo. (also applies if you just didn't upload a pic).

They only take a new photo if the one you upload does not conform to there specifications which are not difficult to do. Basically a passport phot format is perfect.

Guest maddycat
It would not let me complete the check in yesterday for Anthem with out up loading a photo for my husband. I am sure they will retake our pictures as the ones I took were horrible!

Last week I couldn't print my sea pass using firefox. I had to switch to chrome. It's always something with RCI's website. Oh, and I didn't bother uploading our pictures. They always retake them at the pier.

Last week I couldn't print my sea pass using firefox. I had to switch to chrome. It's always something with RCI's website. Oh, and I didn't bother uploading our pictures. They always retake them at the pier.

They only retake the pictures that don't meet the requirements that are listed in the online check in process. The picture needs to be on a white or light colored background, there can not be anything else in the picture other than the head and shoulders of the person cruising. You just need to size it and center it as you upload it.

No one in our party, either time we have sailed Anthem, has had to have their picture retaken at the pier.

They always retake ours too, so we just let them do it at the pier. Last time we used our passport photos that looked perfect to us but were not accepted. Go figure!!

Guest maddycat
They always retake ours too, so we just let them do it at the pier. Last time we used our passport photos that looked perfect to us but were not accepted. Go figure!!

It's good to know that we're not the only ones who are poor photographers or at least don't take sea pass pictures that are up to RCI's standards.

I have never had success uploading my photo during on line check in. Their website inverts my photo. I got so frustrated one time I submitted an inverted photo thinking it would come out normal. It came out sideways. So now I upload a photo knowing they will reject it and take a new one with their tablet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The pics that are uploaded are sometimes retaken for tech glitch issues. On our last cruise, I uploaded our 4 pics that I took (I'm a hospital medical photographer) using their guidelines. I took all 4 pics one after the other, same background Plain white screen, same lighting, and no shadows... Anyway, when we checked in, My DD's photo and mine were OK, but they had to retake my DS and DW photos. Agent said she could see the thumbnail versions of their photos on her ipad but the full res was not loading up in her check-in app, so she retook those 2. When we boarded, the security agent on board, was not satisfied with the pic the check-in agent took of my son and he took another one :rolleyes:.

The picture taking process at check-in or when boarding did not really slow us down very much. The agent wasted more time trying to get the images we had uploaded to show up than it took just to re-take the pictures.

dp

We always upload our own pic. Shoulders and above passport-style photo. Have not ever had to have them re-taken at the pier (3x on Anthem now). I prefer to have everything done in advance to speed our check-in process and get on the ship!