Specialty dining reservation help

vedettes1

I'm booked on 4-night next May. I tried to book a specialty restaurant on the HA site and got the message that reservations not available at this time. Does this mean I am too early? Too late?

For the last several years HAL hasn't loaded the specialty restaurant calendar for the next year into the schedule until late in the current year. Check again in November.

I tried to book January dates for my Amsterdam holiday cruise. I called ship services and they told me that 2018 dates should be available late September.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I called last week for a cruise in January and was told mid-October. Always difficult to get a correct answer when dealing with Guest Services :confused:

I'm booked on 4-night next May. I tried to book a specialty restaurant on the HA site and got the message that reservations not available at this time. Does this mean I am too early? Too late?

If it's like NCL they don't allow reservations till 90 days out from the cruise.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

If it's like NCL they don't allow reservations till 90 days out from the cruise.

Once the new calendar year is propagated, then the restaurants can be booked. I once booked a June reservation in early December.

Always difficult to get a correct answer when dealing with Guest Services :confused:

Depends on who you talk to, and it's usually a different person each time.

We do all of our Guest Services interaction via email, so we always have a written audit trail (if you will) of what has transpired with regard to our requests.

Depends on who you talk to, and it's usually a different person each time.

We do all of our Guest Services interaction via email, so we always have a written audit trail (if you will) of what has transpired with regard to our requests.

I'm more of an email person but I find with hal if you email you wait at least a week or more for an answer.

I'm more of an email person but I find with hal if you email you wait at least a week or more for an answer.

I've never had a problem getting an email response from HAL, usually within 24 hours

I guess we've been lucky because we've never waited that long for a response. During my last exchange via email with them regarding PG reservations we had an ongoing instantaneous conversation until resolution (and I have it all in writing). :)

I've never had a problem getting an email response from HAL, usually within 24 hours

I guess we've been lucky because we've never waited that long for a response. During my last exchange via email with them regarding PG reservations we had an ongoing instantaneous conversation until resolution (and I have it all in writing). :)

Add me to the list of people who have never had a problem (or delay) getting prompt, accurate and reliable e-mail responses from HAL.

Smooth sailing :) :) :)

What time does the PG open for breakfast?

On the ships where the Neptune and Pinnacle suites have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill, it keeps the same hours, and the same menu, as the dining room.

Just out of curiosity, how does a "calendar year" go about reproducing itself?:confused:

prop·a·gate

ˈpräpəˌɡāt/

verb

verb: propagate; 3rd person present: propagates; past tense: propagated; past participle: propagated; gerund or present participle: propagating

1. 2.
    spread and promote widely.
    synonyms:spread, disseminate, communicate, make known, promulgate, circulate, broadcast, publicize, proclaim, preach, promote;

Edited by catl331

prop·a·gate

ˈpräpəˌɡāt/

verb

verb: propagate; 3rd person present: propagates; past tense: propagated; past participle: propagated; gerund or present participle: propagating

1. 2.
    spread and promote widely.
    synonyms:spread, disseminate, communicate, make known, promulgate, circulate, broadcast, publicize, proclaim, preach, promote;

... and in the interest of fairness (and transparency) here are the complete definitions of "propagate" from Webster's New World College Dictionary and Dictionary.com, respectively:

propagate in American

(ˈprɑpəˌgeɪt ; präpˈəgātˌ)

verb transitiveWord forms: ˈpropaˌgated or ˈpropaˌgating

1. to cause (a plant or animal) to reproduce itself; raise or breed

2. to reproduce (itself); multiply

said of a plant or animal

3. to transmit (hereditary characteristics) by reproduction

4. to spread (ideas, customs, etc.) from one person or place to another

5. to transmit (esp. sound waves or electromagnetic radiation) through a medium

verb intransitive

6. to reproduce or multiply, as plants or animals

prop·a·gate

[ prop- uh-geyt]

VERB (USED WITH OBJECT) [PROP·A·GAT·ED, PROP·A·GAT·ING.]

1. to cause (an organism) to multiply by any process of natural reproduction from the parent stock.

2. to reproduce (itself, its kind, etc.), as an organism does.

3. to transmit (hereditary features or elements) to, or through, offspring.

4. to spread (a report, doctrine, practice, etc.) from person to person; disseminate.

5. to cause to increase in number or amount.

6. to create (an effect) at a distance, as by electromagnetic waves, compression waves, etc., traveling through space or a physical medium; transmit: to propagate sound.

Interestingly, neither of these definitions includes the unattributed definition in catl331's Post above, while the first three in both are cast in terms of "reproduction" in a biological sense.

To avoid further angst, however, I would like to point out that my Post was (1) intended as an humorous aside on American-English language and not as a criticism of anyone's inability to effectively communicate on here, and (2) definitely not intended only for those who communicate in computer programmer lingo. So, to those of you who lack a sense of humor and/or can only communicate in computer lingo, I offer my condolence.

Smooth sailing :champagne-toast: :champagne-toast: :champagne-toast:

Edited by avian777
Cleaned up the formatting.

I would like to point out that my Post was (1) intended as an humorous aside on American-English language
You used the "confused" smiley in your post. ( :confused: ) I was attempting to clear your confusion by pointing out the non-biological definition for the word propagate as used by RuthC. Humor is usually indicated by :) or :D Edited by catl331