Do older kids nap on cruise?

LeoEdre

Well I didn't expect that kids were so unlikely to nap, but I have to trust you parents if you tell me that they just never need rest during the day.

Leo, were you never a child? ;);) My brothers and I would run ragged from dawn to dusk riding our bikes, climbing trees, playing in the fields around our house.We always slept well at night but we never took naps! LOL.

Well I didn't expect that kids were so unlikely to nap, but I have to trust you parents if you tell me that they just never need rest during the day.

Inviato dal mio LG-H850 utilizzando Tapatalk

My teens might nap at home (ds19 loves some sleep on the couch, the others in their beds), but on a cruise, they just go go go. I just let them know what time to be ready for dinner. They sleep in, but not late as when they are home, and the under 18's have to be back in the cabin by 1 am.

Leo, were you never a child? ;);) My brothers and I would run ragged from dawn to dusk riding our bikes, climbing trees, playing in the fields around our house.We always slept well at night but we never took naps! LOL.

I did the things you mentioned when I was a small child and didn't really stay up late at night, but at 12 or 14 I definitely took naps on holyday. Of course sleeping in was the preferred option (and still is!), but when it was not possible I definitely napped to be fresh at night.

Maybe the fact that I am Italian matters, as we may have a different culture about naps, more similar to Spanish "siesta"

This brings back memories of my parents taking me to Spain as a teenager, Insisted we take a siesta because that's what the Spanish did. What they meant was 'we've been day drinking and to make it to late evening we all need an afternoon nap'. I used to read whilst they slept. My own would never take a nap on a cruise and we never did either. It's only in the last year that we've actually done it ourselves because we're partying til early morning. Kids are now 24 to 30. I think every family is different but depending on what's on offer on the ship I used to have to remind mine that they'd come away with us and eat with us, they were so busy onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did the things you mentioned when I was a small child and didn't really stay up late at night, but at 12 or 14 I definitely took naps on holyday. Of course sleeping in was the preferred option (and still is!), but when it was not possible I definitely napped to be fresh at night.

Maybe the fact that I am Italian matters, as we may have a different culture about naps, more similar to Spanish "siesta"

There may be a cultural difference. I don't think I'm the norm for my culture though. Everyone I know likes to sleep and/or take naps. I consider both a waste of time. I'm usually up by 6:30 and even earlier than that on weekends and the only time I take a nap is when I'm ill. Well, if my daughter cruises with me--which is rare these days--she sometimes "makes" me take a nap, but it's hard for me to not be "productive."

As a child, I would beg to stay up late but we were rarely allowed to. My kids stayed up late as teens, but they didn't take naps...

If you want them to nap so that you can get some peace and quiet, try putting some chemicals in their food.

DON

The most stupid post in this thread.

Seriously? I'm an adult and hate naps. Don't let myself sleep during the day unless I'm sick. That's what coffee is for [emoji6]. Really though, for me a nap is very disorienting, makes me more sleepy than refreshed, and makes it hard to sleep well at night. Naps aren't for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seriously? I'm an adult and hate naps. Don't let myself sleep during the day unless I'm sick. That's what coffee is for [emoji6]. Really though, for me a nap is very disorienting, makes me more sleepy than refreshed, and makes it hard to sleep well at night. Naps aren't for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My soul mate!!!:D:D:D

I love to nap. I work at a high school. Usually nap for 20 minutes each day after school. I might doze again for another twenty cat nap during the evening news. I go to sleep about 12:30 am, and am up at 5:30 am school days. Naps help me relax and relieve the stress from the day. When cruising, we don't head back to the cabin till well past midnight, it is after 2:00 am when I go to sleep, and I am up before 7:00 am. And, no naps on cruising for me. I am over 65 years old and have plenty of energy.

My kids grown. My DS stopped naps at eighteen months old, and would never take a nap on any type of vacation. In fact he could stay up as late as us, and then get up early. Lack of sleep did not bother him.

My DD might have taken a nap or two while on vacation. She needed a bit more sleep. But, not daily.

Each person/child is different. Sleep requirements are different.