Bringing snacks on and then off the ship

sds

Hello everyone just wondering if someone can answer these questions. I am sailing on the Anthem next week and want to bring some prepackaged snacks for myself and my daughter. From what I have read it looks like I can bring them but I was wondering if I can bring them on with me in my carryon versus my checked bag so they don't get crushed?

Also am I able to take them off the ship when I go on excursions? I have used the search function (so please don't flame me) the answers are pretty inconsistent some say no others say if was manufactured you can, while some say you cant under any circumstance. Just looking for some clarity.

All the Best

Hello everyone just wondering if someone can answer these questions. I am sailing on the Anthem next week and want to bring some prepackaged snacks for myself and my daughter. From what I have read it looks like I can bring them but I was wondering if I can bring them on with me in my carryon versus my checked bag so they don't get crushed?

Also am I able to take them off the ship when I go on excursions? I have used the search function (so please don't flame me) the answers are pretty inconsistent some say no others say if was manufactured you can, while some say you cant under any circumstance. Just looking for some clarity.

All the Best

We always bring individual, prepackaged granola bars and protein bars on the ship. I also bring individual packaged cookies. We take them off the ship in our day pack and some days, they come back on the ship as we haven't eaten them. No issues at all with the ports that Anthem visits.

Do not bring fruit off the ship as you can introduce pests to the areas you are visiting.

I do it all the time and not always pre-packaged. I take a bag of pretzals or mixed nuts or Wheat Thins on the ship and then put them in small sandwich bags to take off the ships in port.

what they really care about is fruit. NEVER take fruit off the ship or bring in on the ship. That is an absolute No No.

NO fresh anything...fruit, veggies, meats, cheese, plants....only prepackaged stuff like crackers, granola, cereal, chips, etc... You can bring what you want ON to the ship, but you cannot take it off again. Either eat it on the ship, or trash it.