Lunch on the Davina

cruisenurse1

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the main dining room throughout the duration of the cruise. It's a great way to avoid the crowds at the buffet. But the dinner, as stated in other threads, go at a very leisurely place and can take up to 2 hours.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the main dining room throughout the duration of the cruise. It's a great way to avoid the crowds at the buffet. But the dinner, as stated in other threads, go at a very leisurely place and can take up to 2 hours.

Did they serve lunch in the MDR on port days? When were you on? I saw someone say that they no longer serve lunch in the MDR on port days.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the main dining room throughout the duration of the cruise.

According to wetwash's recent Divina planners lunch is only served in Black Crab on sea days. Black crab does serve breakfast from 7am to 9am on port days.

According to wetwash's recent Divina planners lunch is only served in Black Crab on sea days. Black crab does serve breakfast from 7am to 9am on port days.

Thanks. I checked that daily planner post and yes looks like lunch is no longer in the MDR on port days but breakfast is and Sports Bar remains open throughout the day. Looks like it changed recently. But thank goodness Yacht Club MDR remains unaffected.

Breakfast and lunch in the MDR was a beating!

I went back and read your review. That is bad news for me, I was hoping to use Black crab a few times for breakfast/lunch. Could you tell if the same staff serviced Ristorante Italia as Eataly Steakhouse? I looks like they share the same kitchen.

I went back and read your review. That is bad news for me, I was hoping to use Black crab a few times for breakfast/lunch. Could you tell if the same staff serviced Ristorante Italia as Eataly Steakhouse? I looks like they share the same kitchen.

I never saw any patrons in the Italian side of the restaurant and when I asked about dinner there, I was told it was closed. I would imagine given the very small footprint of the Italian side, it would have to be the same waitstaff or they would truly be tripping over each other.

I never saw any patrons in the Italian side of the restaurant and when I asked about dinner there, I was told it was closed. I would imagine given the very small footprint of the Italian side, it would have to be the same waitstaff or they would truly be tripping over each other.

We had the same server in both the restaurants a lady named Anna, that was back in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. I checked that daily planner post and yes looks like lunch is no longer in the MDR on port days but breakfast is and Sports Bar remains open throughout the day. Looks like it changed recently. But thank goodness Yacht Club MDR remains unaffected.

Many of the Cruise lines do not serve LUNCH in the MDR on Port Days. However, they do serve Breakfast in the MDR.

Many of the Cruise lines do not serve LUNCH in the MDR on Port Days. However, they do serve Breakfast in the MDR.

Maybe other cruise lines work that way but until recently, Divina served lunch in the MDR on all days.

I've had lunch on the Divina in the MDR on both port and sea days in 2014 (Villa Rossa was the designated lunch MDR) and 2016 (Black Crab was the designated lunch MDR). It's a shame they changed that service but sort of makes sense now that the Sports Bar has free food for all.

Can anyone tell me what the menu is for the Sports Bar during lunch? Do they serve food at any other time?

There's a photo of the menu on one of the recent Divina threads - also info about opening times on the planners that have also been posted. You just need to do a search.

There's a photo of the menu on one of the recent Divina threads - also info about opening times on the planners that have also been posted. You just need to do a search.

I saw something but it showed that there was a charge for food. I was under the impression that on embarkation day there is a different menu and there is no charge. Incorrect?

I saw something but it showed that there was a charge for food. I was under the impression that on embarkation day there is a different menu and there is no charge. Incorrect?

There is no charge for the sports bar menu. The wings were good, the rest was pretty bad; far inferior to buffet. Did not try the burger though.

During all opening times the menu is available and does not rotate based on time or on day.

I would not bypass another venue to go back here except for wings.

If anyone is bowling when you are in there it is head splitting. But if not it can be a fairly comfortable lounge with some sea views too. If you are seeing a menu with prices it is the old menu and some items have been removed with the no charge menu.

There is a charge for food items in the Sports Bar on ships other than Divina.