Parasailing

If you have done it, did you wonder "why did I think this is a good idea" while you were up there? It is an RCL excursion in CocoCay. I have no problem zip lining but for some reason am a little nervous about this.

Do they take a whole boatload of people at one time and you take turns or is it one boat to a parasail experience?

Done parasailing many times including with our daughter when she was 9 or 10. Never had any second thoughts, but then I've jumped out of airplanes too.......:p

Parasailing is fun. Surprising how calm and quiet it is up there. I don't think I've seen a parasailing boat that held more than maybe 8-10 people and some are smaller than that.

I parasailed last week in Labadee for the first time and when I got in the boat to go out I did think "What am I doing!?" But once you get up there it's eerily calm even though the waters were rough on the boat. A lot of fun! Oddly, heights while ziplining terrify me way more. I don't know how normal it is, but our boat only had 2 other groups go up. 1 couple and a mom with 2 teenage kids so there were only 7 of us on the boat.

If you have done it, did you wonder "why did I think this is a good idea" while you were up there? It is an RCL excursion in CocoCay. I have no problem zip lining but for some reason am a little nervous about this.

Do they take a whole boatload of people at one time and you take turns or is it one boat to a parasail experience?

Not adding much more, other than what's been said previously.

We were in Labadee (Allure - June '17), and having done Zip Line on a previous RCL Cruise, we decided to do this. We are 58 & 55. We hopped in a speed boat with about 10 others, were given a brief but thorough overview of what to do. We were the last couple to go up, so we had the opportunity to watch all the others go up Safely, and "land" on the back of the Boat safely. All, including us, were quite surprised how Calm and suspended in mid air you felt.

I wouldn't say either of us are keen on heights, like most people, I can get a bit nervous standing on a Tall Ladder (16 + Feet), but I had no qualms once we were up and "floating" in the air.

The Boat Ride itself was more "bumpy" than the parasailing.

You'll Enjoy It. If you can, use a GoPro to capture the moment.

I parasailed about 10 years ago I really enjoyed it. I was too scared to zip line on Harmony last month but I think I could parasail again. I think it's because you start low and gradually go higher, and it also feels like if you did fall you'd be safe because it's just water.

We are 64 and 61 years, and the oldest on the boat. There were 5 couples in all, (this was a tandem parasail). Was nice and quiet up there, the guy pulled us down to dip our toes in the water, then took us back up again. Was in the air for about 10 mins. Good fun and pleased we did it. Got some nice photos of us up in the air as well. (We were in Key West)

Funny, but when we said we were doing it a couple of people asked us if we're we going off the back of the cruise ship!!!

Are the take off and landing rough? I broke my foot last year and I don't want to reinjure it.

No not at all. I didn't find it so. I was quite surprised. To take off we were strapped in the harness and sat on the deck and were gently lifted up. We were brought down slowly, feet touched the deck and we sat down. Easy.

Are the take off and landing rough? I broke my foot last year and I don't want to reinjure it.

When they ask if you want to be dipped when coming down, you might want to answer "no". Not that it's rough, but in your case it might not be a good idea.

I was 74 at the time, and my wife,65. We both parasailed in Key West, and loved it. Had 4 couples on thr boat, which at times, got a little rocky, but we went up in couples and had a blast. As stated here, it's so calm.They asked beforehand if we wanted to get wet, and we told them no.We went off the bench in the back, and soft landed the same way.

My dad who is in his 80's has a new hip and me in my 50's with bad knees we're both able to do it and it was so gentle. We were both nervous about take off and landing too but it was perfect. We are doing it again in November! You only live once[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 months later...

We put it off for a very long time, mostly because of DW’s hip replacements. But we finally went last summer. We loved it and will do it again. It was not physically demanding at all. I guess you wouldn’t want to go if you are afraid of heights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you pay twice as much, but get the same ride?

Not a good deal. They should discount the second person, or increase the time.

On the jet skis, a passenger pays a lower fee.

I will pass.

My son and I did this several years ago on CocoCay. The advertisement said it was an hour excursion. I thought the price was pretty good for an hour. Then all the other passengers showed up. We were not in the air for 10 minutes. I was very disappointed. So much so that when we got home I emailed RCI to let them know how disappointed I was to pay that kind of money for a 10 minute ride. I explained that if I knew it was going to be a 50 minute boat ride with 10 minutes of parasailing, I would not have paid that kind of money. They offered me a voucher for a free ride in Labadee. The voucher was good for 12 months. I told them I could not afford to spend $3000 (for my family) in the next 12 months to go on another cruise just so I could get a free parasail ride.

So, while my experience was not at all what I had expected it to be, you need to decide if you want to spend the money for a long boat ride and a short parasail ride.

• 3 months later...
I parasailed last week in Labadee for the first time and when I got in the boat to go out I did think "What am I doing!?" But once you get up there it's eerily calm even though the waters were rough on the boat. A lot of fun! Oddly, heights while ziplining terrify me way more. I don't know how normal it is, but our boat only had 2 other groups go up. 1 couple and a mom with 2 teenage kids so there were only 7 of us on the boat.

Hi there....we are parasailing in a few weeks in Labadee. Do they ever allow three at a time? We booked a 2:30 slot because we are zip lining in the morning. Thoughts? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums