I'm just really excited.

I've only been on one other cruise as an adult—Carnival Magic last year. My boyfriend and I are sailing on Oasis in December and I am just. So excited.

I'm just about dying right now because I booked out December 2016 cruise in August 2016, and that wait was agonizing enough. We booked this cruise right after we got back from the last one, so I've already waited 8 months...and I still have "The Wait" from last year in its entirety to go...if that makes sense at all.

But I am really stoked to try Royal Caribbean for the first time and to be on such a large ship with so many restaurants and activities. I'm also getting +3 on the list of countries I've visited, so that's pretty cool. I just really hope this wait goes by quickly!

I've only been on one other cruise as an adult—Carnival Magic last year. My boyfriend and I are sailing on Oasis in December and I am just. So excited.

I'm just about dying right now because I booked out December 2016 cruise in August 2016, and that wait was agonizing enough. We booked this cruise right after we got back from the last one, so I've already waited 8 months...and I still have "The Wait" from last year in its entirety to go...if that makes sense at all.

But I am really stoked to try Royal Caribbean for the first time and to be on such a large ship with so many restaurants and activities. I'm also getting +3 on the list of countries I've visited, so that's pretty cool. I just really hope this wait goes by quickly!

very-merry-christmas.gif

You will love the Oasis, it's way better ship than any carnival ship.

Don't forget to reserve the shows that you want to attend. Which should be available anytime soon on your cruise planer

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check your cruise planner and reserve those shows as soon as possible!!i am on her in November and have already secured all our reservations[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To help fill the time and get ready, have you:

Reserved your dinner times, show times, and onboard activities on their website?

Made your pre and post travel arrangements?

Planed and booked your shore excursions?

Watched recent ship and excursion videos on Youtube

Started reading recent Compasses (daily events) to get an idea of what goes on when?

Then it'll be time to check in online

Than Packing.

We sail on September 24th, like you I am really looking forward to it, and packed last weekend.

Oasis is a spectacular ship.....You are going to have a fantastic time. Like other have said, watch the website, and book your shows early. Also, it's a good idea to book the aqua/diving show on one of the first nights it is available -- if it gets cancelled due to weather (which happens), you'll still be able to catch it on a later date. And hang in there -- the time before your trip will go faster than you think. Have fun -- every single day on Oasis is a blast.

I've got my restaurant and show reservations done :) Excursions are still on the to-do list, but I want to book them this week. Gonna do the Rhino Safari in St. Maarten for sure, but undecided on Labadee and/or San Juan. We don't have a lot of time in Puerto Rico so it would have to be a short activity—but not TOO short. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $70+ for 30 minutes of Snuba ;_;

OMG - I can relate!! We booked our next cruise on our last cruise. So, in June 2016 we booked our April 2018 cruise! Talk about being really excited! 259 days we still have to wait, LOL!!! We couldn't do anything this year so we're just sitting here counting down the days. BUT instead of saying we have 259 day, we only have 38 Saturdays until our next cruise, LOL!!! :D :p

I've got my restaurant and show reservations done :) Excursions are still on the to-do list, but I want to book them this week. Gonna do the Rhino Safari in St. Maarten for sure, but undecided on Labadee and/or San Juan. We don't have a lot of time in Puerto Rico so it would have to be a short activity—but not TOO short. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $70+ for 30 minutes of Snuba ;_;

If they are offering Rain Forrest excursions, consider doing one of those.

Unfortunately all the rain forest excursions I have found wouldn't get back to the ship on time, we are leaving Puerto Rico at 3pm.

Oh that's too bad, are they not offering it as an excursion through Royal Caribbean 's site? We are there from 7am to 2pm and it is listed as available.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

I would be happy with your sail date. We don't cruise on the Oasis until February 2019. 560 days away!! :(

But I can certainly understand your excitement, and waiting is very hard. Ours is s-o f-a-r a-w-a-y but I'm still really excited about it already. It is such a different ship with Central Park, Boardwalk, the Rising Tide Bar, carousel, water shows, etc. I can hardly wait!!

Our last few cruises have been on Carnival, with other family members, and I'm tired of Carnival. Looking forward to getting back on a Royal ship. We've been on a few Royal cruises and really enjoyed them.

I am excited for you as well. My goal is to always have a another cruise booked before I get off my last cruise. So far it has NOT worked out for me...LOL:(

We leave in two weeks for our first cruise together in almost 3 years, I snuck in a Mother-Daughter cruise Dec 2015 so I am with you about being excited. However, my DH does not share my excitement and against my better judgement I brought up what he was going to wear for the dress up nights....he kindly told me it is too far out to think about what he will be packing.

So happy to know that there are kindred spirits out there who like to think about and plan their cruises way in advance.

I feel kind of silly saying this but...I actually did not check the Royal Caribbean excursions at all!

Last year I did 100% of our bookings through TripAdvisor, so I didn't even think to check...there is an RC rainforest excursion in Puerto Rico for a not-crazy amount of money.

@Matondo, Don't worry about your husband! My boyfriend was VERY hesitant about cruising. He would get stressed thinking about the money whenever I mentioned our upcoming cruise to him and wasn't showing any enthusism—I even made a thread here asking for advice about it. But by the time the cruise rolled around he was really pumped to go, and by the time we got back he was begging to book another one right away. So your husband probably just needs a little time :)

I count down the months, the weeks, and the days. We cruise every year and have for the last 25 years. I simply love to cruise. The time on the boat is just spectacular to me. A little advise - Never wish your life away willing your cruise to get here sooner. This is your research, planning, and prepping time. And that is so much fun. It is almost as much fun as the cruise itself. Enjoy your planning and enjoy your cruise. One more thing - Once you make up the perfect cruise list, save it in your computer so each cruise you simply print it off and you are ready to start packing.